Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
https://www.wjtv.com/sports/swac/jsu-no-longer-participating-in-southern-heritage-classic/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jackson State University announced Wednesday that their school will no longer participate in the Southern Heritage Classic football game.

JSU stated that their governing athletic conference, Southwestern Athletic Conference, has entered an agreement that conflicts with their agreement with the Southern Heritage Classic Agreement.

“SWAC Classic” games to be held in Birmingham
The University has been in agreement with the classic since 2019.

On Wednesday, JSU announced its termination of their participation in the game.

Starting in 1990, the Southern Heritage Classic is an annual HBCU football game between the JSU Tigers and the Tennessee State University Tigers.

TSU has not made a statement regarding JSU’s termination.

WJTV 12 News reached out to JSU about the decision. Per Director of Athletics Ashley Robinson, the university has no comment at this time. The JSU football schedule will be released on Monday, February 7.

@Theolodius_Black what the fukk :dahell:

hopefully y’all can still do a home and home with them in the future or create a new classic. That new SWAC Classic in B-Ham is already causing issues smh
That's one of the games that got me in band. Back when BET used to air games all the time :mjcry:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Damn, Hampton kept that info tucked in. Had no idea they were looking to move. Left us all alone in the Big South :mjcry:

Hopefully, A&T stays put or goes on back to the MEAC. I like to travel and see them Aggies for one road game. Don’t wanna have to travel to New York or Boston if they move to the CAA. Was already a chore getting up to Maryland when they were in the MEAC

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Damn, Hampton kept that info tucked in. Had no idea they were looking to move. Left us all alone in the Big South :mjcry:

Hopefully, A&T stays put or goes on back to the MEAC. I like to travel and see them Aggies for one road game. Don’t wanna have to travel to New York or Boston if they move to the CAA. Was already a chore getting up to Maryland when they were in the MEAC

If y’all go to the CAA it’ll make a lot of folks upset. Y’all left the MEAC because of travel but the CAA would have y’all traveling more than the MEAC!

how is the white AD received by the NCAT alum?

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
with the loss of this game and the loss of the Atlanta Classic I really hope the alum put pressure on the school leadership to join a HBCU conference
It'd be a "demotion" for them to go from the Ohio Valley to either the MEAC or the SWAC. But I also don't know what they're pockets look like from home games in the OVC.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Can any Howard brehs on here tell me why y’all basketball team always trash? Seems like it’s enough talent in the DMV for y’all to at least be competitive every year.

Nortfolk and North Carolina Central has had MEAC basketball in a headlock for the past decade plus

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Apparently it’s a new tradition at ASU games to tell opponents to “sit yo ass down!” When they foul out :dead:

11:38 :mjlol:

nikkas lucky they wasn’t doing this when I was there. I’d be extra petty!

Reminds me of when NCAT used to play “Hoe Sit Down” when opponents fouled out there :russ:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Bama State does an amazing job making all of our games available for free via YouTube.

didn’t think we’d be competitive this year but they’re 2nd place in the east right now behind FAMU. It’s fukk JSU forever but I need them to beat FAMU tonight :lolbron:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Can any Howard brehs on here tell me why y’all basketball team always trash? Seems like it’s enough talent in the DMV for y’all to at least be competitive every year.

Nortfolk and North Carolina Central has had MEAC basketball in a headlock for the past decade plus

I dunno about decade :usure:

Howard been trash in hoops for a minute. They had a few dudes that could hoop real tough. I'd blame it on coaching, honestly :manny:. I'd call that the biggest factor