Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They have to include BCU right...right....:lupe:

even tho I can’t stand Cookman’s football team & band, I hope they come too.

on another website I proposed combining the remaining MEAC schools with the SWAC to just make 1 big HBCU conference, and have an East and west division. The two conference winners play in the celebration bowl.

I really wish Tennessee State joins a HBCU conference and I hate that Hampton and NCAT chunked the duces to the MEAC. But fukk em if they wanna chase the white mans money

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
even tho I can’t stand Cookman’s football team & band, I hope they come too.

on another website I proposed combining the remaining MEAC schools with the SWAC to just make 1 big HBCU conference, and have an East and west division. The two conference winners play in the celebration bowl.

I really wish Tennessee State joins a HBCU conference and I hate that Hampton and NCAT chunked the duces to the MEAC. But fukk em if they wanna chase the white mans money
Damn I was a marching wildcat. Why the hate? I remember playing ASU my freshman year

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Damn I was a marching wildcat. Why the hate? I remember playing ASU my freshman year

ayo @Theolodius_Black we got another bandhead in here :ohhh:

what year did you crab? :patrice:

and no offense bruh but y’all kinda boring lol. I can pull up a clip of Cookman vs Morris Brown in 2001, y’all still playing the same songs :dead:

don’t get me wrong, y’all probably the best sounding band I’ve ever heard in my life, but there isn’t a wow factor anymore..not till Wells retires anyway.

I went to the SWAC/MEAC challenge in September and the Sonic Boom put their foot in y’all’s asses.

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl

and no offense bruh but y’all kinda boring lol. I can pull up a clip of Cookman vs Morris Brown in 2001, y’all still playing the same songs :dead:

don’t get me wrong, y’all probably the best sounding band I’ve ever heard in my life, but there isn’t a wow factor anymore..not till Wells retires anyway.

I went to the SWAC/MEAC challenge in September and the Sonic Boom put their foot in y’all’s asses.
I was a crab in 2003 (tenor sax). We knew we were kinda limited in the stands(we still sounded better and still sound better than everyone)

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL

Yes. Yes we did:wow:

But A&T and Hampton experiencing growth isn't about chasing white men's money, not to me anyway. See, if A&T carries their winning ways to larger conferences, can you picture those faces:wow:

Im just hoping they don't end up like Tennessee state and live in the middle of their conference standings forever. Their success can only be a positive. And Cookman probably is the cleanest HBCU band I've heard but it's been ages since they were that clean. They've been good recently but that's about it. Still respectable program but there's no aggression except in the tuba section. Them dudes mean:obama:

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
Currently the recruiting base has declined . The florida high school bands all suck and the PWI have taken our future band directors similiar to football. Ohio State and Penn State have assistant directors from FAMU and BCU.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was a crab in 2003 (tenor sax). We knew we were kinda limited in the stands(we still sounded better and still sound better than everyone)

So you went against the old ASU :picard:

I was marching with ASU in 08 when we went to Daytona and smashed y’all

Yes. Yes we did:wow:

But A&T and Hampton experiencing growth isn't about chasing white men's money, not to me anyway. See, if A&T carries their winning ways to larger conferences, can you picture those faces:wow:

Im just hoping they don't end up like Tennessee state and live in the middle of their conference standings forever. Their success can only be a positive. And Cookman probably is the cleanest HBCU band I've heard but it's been ages since they were that clean. They've been good recently but that's about it. Still respectable program but there's no aggression except in the tuba section. Them dudes mean:obama:

I’m interested to see if any of those Ohio Valley schools bring fans when they have to play at Tennessee State. I’ve seen on some message boards fans of those schools say they have no interest in going to a game on TnSU’s campus.

I remember when we played Cookman in 08 them boys sounded like a damn symphonic band sitting across from us. Clean as hell but we had to give em that SWAC treatment

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL

I’m interested to see if any of those Ohio Valley schools bring fans when they have to play at Tennessee State. I’ve seen on some message boards fans of those schools say they have no interest in going to a game on TnSU’s campus.

I remember when we played Cookman in 08 them boys sounded like a damn symphonic band sitting across from us. Clean as hell but we had to give em that SWAC treatment
I saw footage from that game. It's a football game, not symphonic season:manny:

I listen to Liquid Swords in the car but I'm jamming Duke deuce at a party :manny:

Same shyt:manny:

Ain't no plex, it's all love. Im just looking for that aggression

And fukk them Ohio valley people:russ:

That's why i want them to succeed so bad. I just wish the football players would look at that shyt and realize this is what they think about you. They always beg Aristocrats to show up though:francis:

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl

Wells worked us harder than the football at that time. We couldn't cross till the classic. People don't realize the talent we had when I was there, I was all state in high school and got humbled quickly when I arrived. Our symphonic band ( which I did not make) sounded better than major city's orchestras.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
why not breh?

you think the two fanbases will be too hostile?

Yea,

They are going to dress it up and make it look cute when the time comes for them to play, make this whole togetherness front, but in this state, there are plenty of racists cacs down here, most who attended LSU, or have some type of connections to LSU and their brand.

SU, honestly is the school that made BR/NOLA pop off, sports and band wise, at a time it was all about SU in Louisiana, LSU who, but that's another subject.

I just don't think it's a good idea for these schools to be playing, but black folks signed off on it. I'd rather play another HBCU myself

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea,

They are going to dress it up and make it look cute when the time comes for them to play, make this whole togetherness front, but in this state, there are plenty of racists cacs down here, most who attended LSU, or have some type of connections to LSU and their brand.

SU, honestly is the school that made BR/NOLA pop off, sports and band wise, at a time it was all about SU in Louisiana, LSU who, but that's another subject.

I just don't think it's a good idea for these schools to be playing, but black folks signed off on it. I'd rather play another HBCU myself

I noticed that a little bit from the outside. I know they had a little run in the 50s, but they was ass after that until 03 when Saban brought them back. Good ol Pete Richardson and Eddie Robinson head it down for the state of Louisiana in football.

Only reason I like that game for SU and Gram is for the money. Id rather them keep playing Tulane and the other small PWIs down there if they need to