Superstar
Daps
Fam just signed a game changer.

Jalil Core from Armwood HS.

Gonna be a BEAST in the secondary.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
low key Alcorn's trumpets this past season almost sounded like the old SU trumpets :sas2:

they had the best section this season by far

Agreed Scream Team was sensational and it wasn't even a big section. Clean and knew how and when to stay in the pocket

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
man we really got the best facilities in all of HBCU sports. was doing a project and i had to look up our stuff

asu_am_pano.jpg

Stadium.jpg

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Question for ya'll. How much harder is it to get a full basketball scholarship from a Division 1 HBCU? Because before, you might have had a player who didn't jump off the radar, someone not ranked and he couldn't get into a white school but he could get a full ride to a HBCU. (but this was normally before schools like Hampton were in the Meac) is that still the same or are Divison 1 HBCU'S now getting more top level talent?

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Question for ya'll. How much harder is it to get a full basketball scholarship from a Division 1 HBCU? Because before, you might have had a player who didn't jump off the radar, someone not ranked and he couldn't get into a white school but he could get a full ride to a HBCU. (but this was normally before schools like Hampton were in the Meac) is that still the same or are Divison 1 HBCU'S now getting more top level talent?

im not an expert on this topic, but I think a lot of times HBCUS are limited to who they can recruit because of budgets and other stuff. For example a Duke or Auburn University can go anywhere in the country (or world) for that matter to scout a player.

HBCUS can’t afford to travel across the country chasing a player that isn’t 100% committed to them. I know my old school Alabama State mostly recruits juco guys, and players from Alabama and Georgia.

HBCUS still aren’t getting 5 star guys. They just have to coach up the dudes they have. I may be wrong, but I think Kyle O Quinn and Robert Covington are the only guys who played at HBCUS who currently play in the NBA.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Correct me if i'm wrong here fellas. Let's say you play ball but you're not ranked at all. You don't go to the best high school. You're getting calls but they're from D3 colleges. Wouldn't it make more sense to go to a D1 HBCU compared to going to a D3 white school?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
im not an expert on this topic, but I think a lot of times HBCUS are limited to who they can recruit because of budgets and other stuff. For example a Duke or Auburn University can go anywhere in the country (or world) for that matter to scout a player.

HBCUS can’t afford to travel across the country chasing a player that isn’t 100% committed to them. I know my old school Alabama State mostly recruits juco guys, and players from Alabama and Georgia.

HBCUS still aren’t getting 5 star guys. They just have to coach up the dudes they have. I may be wrong, but I think Kyle O Quinn and Robert Covington are the only guys who played at HBCUS who currently play in the NBA.

How good does a player have to be to make the basketball team for a HBCU? is it harder than we think?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Correct me if i'm wrong here fellas. Let's say you play ball but you're not ranked at all. You don't go to the best high school. You're getting calls but they're from D3 colleges. Wouldn't it make more sense to go to a D1 HBCU compared to going to a D3 white school?

yes.

Every year the NFL has a special combine just for HBCU players. They didn’t have it this year because of covid, but you’ll get noticed more at a HBCU vs a D3 school. And HBCUS have a long tradition of putting Hall of Fame level players in every league.

How good does a player have to be to make the basketball team for a HBCU? is it harder than we think?

I mean obviously the player has to have some skill...HBCUS don’t just let anyone off the street who think they can ball play. They are still D1 athletes.

and HBCU basketball teams keep up with and beat those big white schools from time
to time. The talent gap isn’t as big in basketball as it is in football.

this was just in one year

Texas southern really beat Baylor and Oregon in the same season :banderas:

when I was at Alabama State, our women’s team beat the University of Alabama

Norfolk State knockes Missouri our of the tournament a few years back

the most well known HBCU upset is probably when Southern University beat Georgia Tech in March madness In 93 a few years after Tech had made the Final 4.

HBCUs been putting in work in basketball for a while

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If you're not being recruited by any other D-1 schools, not even local schools, what makes you think the D1 HBCU would offer you a scholarship?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have a meeting with my co workers later this week to decide what songs we're going to arrange for our marching band this upcoming season..

what would be some songs yall would want to hear in the stands at a game?