Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not a good look NCAT :francis:

I hope the SWAC never deals with this type of mess. Our schools are loyal and still thrive on our old traditions, so I don’t think any will move

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
y’all some haters man ... let negroes try some other shyt ... they can always come back

not hating my guy

just dont like seeing HBCUs leave HBCU conferences...We supposed to be family. But I really dont give a fukk about sports like that anymore though, so hopefully athletics wasnt the only reason they made this move.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
This won’t look right but I’ll just congratulate. I just hope A&T can keep their hbcu rivalries and identity in tact.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

pros outweigh the cons to me to at least give it a shot :manny:

As I said , Aggies can always come back . And they very well might be back. What makes this so shocking is that A&T has been THE lynchpin of the MEAC and a major lynchpin of Black college sports in general ... low key , I can see how it’d make people uneasy as this could be interpreted as a possible sign of a black college sports structure that’s becoming increasingly shaky.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
pros outweigh the cons to me to at least give it a shot :manny:

As I said , Aggies can always come back . And they very well might be back. What makes this so shocking is that A&T has been THE lynchpin of the MEAC and a major lynchpin of Black college sports in general ... low key , I can see how it’d make people uneasy as this could be interpreted as a possible sign of a black college sports structure that’s becoming increasingly shaky.
I will admit that the possibility of making the jump from Big South to FBS conference, in the future, did spark my interest a bit. With me being in ATL, and Kennesaw St being a Big South member, I’ll be able to easily attend a game, and with A&T’s presence in ATL, that will be huge.
I’m also wanting to see how we compare to these top dawg FCS schools, and I’d like to see us in the playoffs competing.

It’ll suck come GHOE, not playing another HBCU, and potentially losing out on playing Central every year. I see Hampton is playing Howard this year, so hopefully we can bring the A&T/Central rivalry with us.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Who is your main rival? Who do you play during homecoming weekend?
If you can still keep that team on your schedule as a non conference game, you maintain some of that HBCU football heritage/legacy.

There was a push in 2019 to pressure top high school recruits to consider playing for HBCUs. The top sports programs in HBCU sports moving up a tier definitely helps that.
NC Central is our main rival, and I’d like for us to continue having that game. As for homecoming, we played any team within the MEAC for the most part.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I will admit that the possibility of making the jump from Big South to FBS conference, in the future, did spark my interest a bit. With me being in ATL, and Kennesaw St being a Big South member, I’ll be able to easily attend a game, and with A&T’s presence in ATL, that will be huge.
I’m also wanting to see how we compare to these top dawg FCS schools, and I’d like to see us in the playoffs competing.

It’ll suck come GHOE, not playing another HBCU, and potentially losing out on playing Central every year. I see Hampton is playing Howard this year, so hopefully we can bring the A&T/Central rivalry with us.

I’d hope the Central rivalry could be salvaged .