Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
TRYING SOME HERBS. BASIL, CATNIP, AND PEPPERMINT TO START.
iWXdZD0.jpg

GOT A FEW PEPPER AND CUCUMBER PLANTS STARTED TOO. NOT SURE WHICH IM GOING WITH THOSE YET. IM EXPERIMENTING.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Thanks for quoting this post and I was actually going to make a post for those that are beginning, if there is one lesson I've learned over the past 5 years it's been to start as small as possible and size up. I started with two 4x8 beds and worked my way up, slowly adding beds and grow bags and other growing spaces. I definitely recommend also starting with tomatoes and peppers, it can be discouraging to start with vegetables that may require more fine-tuning as far as water soil amendment and light requirements and then watch them not succeed.

Next year like this year I again will be focusing on maximizing production, 2022 though I will be upgrading big time, I have a very large space (double what I'm working with now) on either side of my garage, which is located in a alley in full direct sunlight, am actually going to be buy a small tiller and plant directly in the ground. Not sure what yet, possibly my tomatoes or another Vining veggie, the main challenge like always will be watering.

I'm also going to be purchasing one of these 250 gallon ibc totes and setting up a rain water collection system

81PNwoHzxoL._SL1500_.jpg

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
fukk never knew this thread existed. Subs

Did my first raised bed this year. 8x4x2

I did herbs on one side - basil, dill, sage

Had a bunch of zucchini/squash in the middle but they overgrew everything and i had to chop them. Gonna do individual pots for these next year

My cucumbers have been coming in great. Planted in June and I've taken about 10 cukes so far and a bunch more waiting behind.

Tomato plant was put out late but starting to flower.

Watermelon coming in too but im in MA so not enough sun to get big.

Overall this has been a great learning experience. Gonna keep at it next year and hopefully contribute to this thread.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for quoting this post and I was actually going to make a post for those that are beginning, if there is one lesson I've learned over the past 5 years it's been to start as small as possible and size up. I started with two 4x8 beds and worked my way up, slowly adding beds and grow bags and other growing spaces. I definitely recommend also starting with tomatoes and peppers, it can be discouraging to start with vegetables that may require more fine-tuning as far as water soil amendment and light requirements and then watch them not succeed.

Next year like this year I again will be focusing on maximizing production, 2022 though I will be upgrading big time, I have a very large space (double what I'm working with now) on either side of my garage, which is located in a alley in full direct sunlight, am actually going to be buy a small tiller and plant directly in the ground. Not sure what yet, possibly my tomatoes or another Vining veggie, the main challenge like always will be watering.

I'm also going to be purchasing one of these 250 gallon ibc totes and setting up a rain water collection system

81PNwoHzxoL._SL1500_.jpg
:blessed: purchased today 275 gallons, hopefully by next year i will be collecting rain water

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
:blessed: purchased today 275 gallons, hopefully by next year i will be collecting rain water
i gotta look into setting sumn like this up, i've been spending a fortune on distilled water for my succulents

it's at the point where i might as well flush a $5 bill every time i look at my jade tree :pachaha:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i gotta look into setting sumn like this up, i've been spending a fortune on distilled water for my succulents

it's at the point where i might as well flush a $5 bill every time i look at my jade tree :pachaha:
:blessed: got it on Saturday, container itself was $60, setup materials are looking to be around $200 (not counting the price of putting gutters on my garage which was in the works anyways) great thing is that these are stackable and you can connect them together to make one large hookup, although that's way down the for me, for now I will be wrapping this thing up in black pond lining after giving it a thorough washing then it sits there until next spring

IMG-20200917-175730-595.jpg

my setup for a single one will mirror this

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
TRYING SOME HERBS. BASIL, CATNIP, AND PEPPERMINT TO START.
iWXdZD0.jpg

GOT A FEW PEPPER AND CUCUMBER PLANTS STARTED TOO. NOT SURE WHICH IM GOING WITH THOSE YET. IM EXPERIMENTING.

WELL DOWNY MILDEW TOOK OUT ALL THREE OF MY CUCUMBER PLANTS. MY PEPPERS ARE DOING OKAY. MY BASIL IS DOING GREAT.

L41wCcu.jpg

qy2SIid.jpg

AND MY ORCHID.
s0xinlk.jpg