Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

Daps
I think it’s a wrap on my flowers for the season. 85 plus degree days

:francis:

I water in the morning before the sun gets too high, and sometimes again in the evening, but the petunias are looking bad.

:mjcry:

And it’s too hot for the larger tomatoes to turn red.

My green beans and zucchini are good. But the cucumbers have a lot of flowers, but haven’t been producing. I saw a bee inside one flower this morning and was

:mjgrin:
Do your think little breh.

I shake the trellis everyday to encourage fertilization.

:snoop:

This heat is no joke.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I GOT BLOSSOMS ON MY LIL TOMATO PLANT.

wFD3i1C.jpg

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I had a cucumber problem. One plant keeps producing bumpy curved cukes. I read it’s a water problem. But the plant next to it produces perfect cukes, but fewer cukes.

:yeshrug:
Mine are in containers and I swear I have to water them 3-4 times a day. I started watering them again in the evening when it cools down and the cucumbers started coming in nicely. Since they are mostly water I figured it wouldn't hurt them.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Mine are in containers and I swear I have to water them 3-4 times a day. I started watering them again in the evening when it cools down and the cucumbers started coming in nicely. Since they are mostly water I figured it wouldn't hurt them.

CUCUMBERS AND TOMATOES ARE SOME THIRSTY SUMBISHES.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody have rose bushes, specifically knockout roses?

I planted one one Sunday, and have been watering everyday is hasn’t rained, and most of the petals look like they’re dying. I thought you’re supposed to keep bushes watered during the establishment period. It is in a full sun area, which is supposed to be fine.

I used rubber mulch if that makes a difference.

honestly breh roses aren’t worth the hassle. Plus they only look nice for a very short period of time. Looks like shyt for other 90% of the year lol

Daps
honestly breh roses aren’t worth the hassle. Plus they only look nice for a very short period of time. Looks like shyt for other 90% of the year lol

Actually, they came back to life.

:blessed:

I bought some rose food from Walmart, and they came back a few weeks later. The leaves were turning dark red, but they started turning green again, and now both bushes are blooming again.

Daps
I had 20 red tomatoes today.

:mjlit:

That isn’t including all the small cherry tomatoes.

:mjlit:

I shared some with the neighbors.

I must have gotten a variety of zucchini that grows small, because they don’t get huge like I was expecting. Next year, I’m not doing zucchini. So far, I’ve only been successful with tomatoes, cucumbers, and green beans. I did bell peppers last year, but none of them turned red before they rotted, and the amount of time it took to get so few peppers was not worth it.

I’m going to start garlic in October for next year, and I’m going to try onions.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I just finished building a raised bed for my kale and our outdoor cat used the bed for a litter box last night:scust:. I'm reading that cat feces is dangerous. Debating whether or not to throw out 16 kale plants and start over:francis:

Nah fukk that. I'll just dig out that area and put up some chicken fencing this weekend.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished building a raised bed for my kale and our outdoor cat used the bed for a litter box last night:scust:. I'm reading that cat feces is dangerous. Debating whether or not to throw out 16 kale plants and start over:francis:

Nah fukk that. I'll just dig out that area and put up some chicken fencing this weekend.

yeah definitely need cover for that. Squirrels too. They will dig into your shyt. Build a “lid” with 2x2 lumber as the frame. Home Depot has this steel “fencing” that comes in rolls usually in the lumber/concrete aisle. I like it bc the holes are smaller than what I’ve seen with standard chicken fencing.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C

Wherever the cat pooped you gotta remove that section like at least an 8" x 8" portion. It IS dangerous if you don't wash your stuff off because parasites live in cat intestinal tracts, it's usually stray cats but it aint worth the risk, I knew someone that got that parasite and got toxoplasmosis and took them out the game but only before causing a stroke, and paralyzed them:picard:

But the main thing was they ate stuff out the garden without washing it, people will pull a cherry tomato or strawberries and eat it like its no problem but it aint worth the risk of that shyt.