Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Wherever the cat pooped you gotta remove that section like at least an 8" x 8" portion. It IS dangerous if you don't wash your stuff off because parasites live in cat intestinal tracts, it's usually stray cats but it aint worth the risk, I knew someone that got that parasite and got toxoplasmosis and took them out the game but only before causing a stroke, and paralyzed them:picard:

But the main thing was they ate stuff out the garden without washing it, people will pull a cherry tomato or strawberries and eat it like its no problem but it aint worth the risk of that shyt.
Damn:mjtf:. The cat ran off all the rabbits and squirrels so I thought I was straight. I wasn't even thinking about her seeing that nice loose soil like:ehh:. I'll dig it up today. Live and learn.

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I just finished building a raised bed for my kale and our outdoor cat used the bed for a litter box last night:scust:. I'm reading that cat feces is dangerous. Debating whether or not to throw out 16 kale plants and start over:francis:

Nah fukk that. I'll just dig out that area and put up some chicken fencing this weekend.

don't forget to sprinkle some cayenne pepper around the raised bed.

CUCUMBERS AND TOMATOES ARE SOME THIRSTY SUMBISHES.

Indeed but don't over water them and flush out the fertilizer. Try foliar feeding. Tomatoes love epsom salt spritzes

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Wouldn't cayenne just wash away?
it can but you can make a spray with Cayenne pepper, water, and ivory soap. 5 tablespoons of ivory dishwashing soap to 1 gallon of water makes a insecticidal soap then drop 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper let it sit 24 hours then shake it up and you got a insecticidal + rodent repellent spray to use.

Rabbits stomach gonna be in for a surprise if they try to chew on some "fire" leaves:demonic:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
My first harvest:mjgrin:

Yw7k28K_d.webp

Got fencing put up today.
2iyi1AH_d.webp

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Dinosaur kale
Hmm. It's kinda too warm to be growing those tbh. You might wanna yank em up and replant when temperatures get lower. You don't have these same problems on any of the other leafy greens right?

OR manual inspecting them every morning and evening and killing each one that shows up

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Garden about 2 months ago, way more full now

This year has been my best for tomatoes, actually going to can some, have even given a ton away

Tomatoes i picked last Saturday

Tomatoes, string beans, and a pepper. String beans also have grown like crazy, going to end up with a few frozen bags of them

upload images

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My homemade Neem oil/dish soap/peppermint oil mixture isn't working. Any recommendations?

Ko6X1Ed.jpg

diatomaceous earth (food grade ), also pull any every one of those plants that looks like it could be infected, those things will grow inside the roots. I lost a whole ton of kale last year because of it, but yea diatomaceous earth (food grade ) will take of you

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We had a heat wave for two weeks followed by a small hurricane. My plants took a hit.

:mjcry:

They’re starting to come back, but the season is winding down anyway.
That hurricane smashed my plants but they survived. Thank goodness I was able to harvest my peppers. My tomatoes are well but my string beans look pathetic.
Garden about 2 months ago, way more full now

This year has been my best for tomatoes, actually going to can some, have even given a ton away

Tomatoes i picked last Saturday

Tomatoes, string beans, and a pepper. String beans also have grown like crazy, going to end up with a few frozen bags of them

upload images
goals:salute: