Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

Daps
Anybody have rose bushes, specifically knockout roses?

I planted one one Sunday, and have been watering everyday is hasn’t rained, and most of the petals look like they’re dying. I thought you’re supposed to keep bushes watered during the establishment period. It is in a full sun area, which is supposed to be fine.

I used rubber mulch if that makes a difference.

:mjcry:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Anybody have rose bushes, specifically knockout roses?

I planted one one Sunday, and have been watering everyday is hasn’t rained, and most of the petals look like they’re dying. I thought you’re supposed to keep bushes watered during the establishment period. It is in a full sun area, which is supposed to be fine.

I used rubber mulch if that makes a difference.

:mjcry:
watering every day is def too much unless you live in a super arid environment. try every three days or so while they're getting established, depending on how humid it is. mulching is fine and doing it in late spring/early summer is best but idk about rubber... i feel like that would keep the soil wet for too long.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
watering every day is def too much unless you live in a super arid environment. try every three days or so while they're getting established, depending on how humid it is. mulching is fine and doing it in late spring/early summer is best but idk about rubber... i feel like that would keep the soil wet for too long.
You need to start a Guns n' Gardens YT channel:whew:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'm terrible at this. I germinated some cucumber, pepper, kale, and squash. They started rooting after 4-5 days. Dropped them in some potting soil. I always struggle with over/under watering. If I just fill this tray 1/4 full of water will that work?

ebv1XOS_d.webp
Update on my cucumbers and squash. The majority of my seedlings aren't making it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
dvcZvZo_d.webp

m06prjw_d.webp

Daps
I didn’t water my grass seed yesterday evening, because it looked like it was going to rain, but then it didn’t.

:francis:

It looks like it’s about to rain again, and the weather app says it’s about to rain in 87 minutes, so it better god damn rain!

:ufdup:

I’m trying to see grass next week.

:birdman:

I got my first big red tomato of the season yesterday. I chopped it up with some fresh mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, olive lit and fresh basil.

:wow:

Fresh sun grown tomatoes make store bought tomatoes seem terrible.

:hhh:

Daps
Update on my cucumbers and squash. The majority of my seedlings aren't making it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
dvcZvZo_d.webp

m06prjw_d.webp
When I did cucumbers, I grew them from seed directly in the ground. They turned out fine. This year I was lazy, so I bought two plants. They’re doing well, but one is growing faster than the other. I have them in a raised bed with a mix raised bed soil and garden soil.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
GODDAMNIT

Deer have never been in our neighborhood for decades according to my neighbor but now they are everywhere and those punks found my garden. My strawberry plant is RIP. fukk these motherfukkers I wish I could use my 12 gauge but I have too many neighbors around.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
GODDAMNIT

Deer have never been in our neighborhood for decades according to my neighbor but now they are everywhere and those punks found my garden. My strawberry plant is RIP. fukk these motherfukkers I wish I could use my 12 gauge but I have too many neighbors around.
do you have room for a rock bed around your garden? imo this is the cheapest/lowest effort way to keep deer out besides switching it up to plants they hate (but i see that as letting those furry terrorists win). another thing you could try is 12 gauge pyrotechnic rounds to scare em off but the shipping costs on those are real high since they're a hazmat item.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
do you have room for a rock bed around your garden? imo this is the cheapest/lowest effort way to keep deer out besides switching it up to plants they hate (but i see that as letting those furry terrorists win). another thing you could try is 12 gauge pyrotechnic rounds to scare em off but the shipping costs on those are real high since they're a hazmat item.

A rock bed will be hard since my kids play a lot in that part of the yard and I have raised beds. I can try though. No way I could use pyrotechnics. I have neighbors on three sides of the backyard and I think at least one is hardcore NIMBY about that stuff. Is there scent stuff I can use?

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
A rock bed will be hard since my kids play a lot in that part of the yard and I have raised beds. I can try though. No way I could use pyrotechnics. I have neighbors on three sides of the backyard and I think at least one is hardcore NIMBY about that stuff. Is there scent stuff I can use?
hmm since it's a raised bed you could try a fence, maybe one of those solar powered electric jawns if you don't have kids. never tried the scent stuff, looking at this it looks like egg products work well and stuff like coyote piss just doesn't.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
hmm since it's a raised bed you could try a fence, maybe one of those solar powered electric jawns if you don't have kids. never tried the scent stuff, looking at this it looks like egg products work well and stuff like coyote piss just doesn't.

Yeah I got kids so I may try the eggs. If I do the fence I can't electrify it.