Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just binged this with my dad. This show is hilarious but the teen love drama and miscommunication between characters being the only way the plot advances was throwing me off in season 2. That final set piece was really good...the fighting wasn’t great but I really appreciate one shot choreography. There were hardly any cuts.

I’m not even a father yet but the way Daniel was with Bobby irked the fukk out of me. Inserting yourself into the middle of a parental dispute as some form of get back is disgusting.

Not sure I’m gonna watch season 3 if they’re gonna double down on the teen drama but it was an enjoyable watch.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Watching this at the moment. It's really fun. Some of the logic gaps had me :dead:

Johnny and Daniel still beefing over a high school competition 30 years ago :gucci:

Miyagi Do vs Cobra Kai being the White Crips v Bloods :deadmanny:

The fact that everyone is :ohhh::lupe::mindblown: about karate in Reseda is :russ: These kids fought in the middle of a mall and instead of security showing up, shoppers watched like :whoo::ooh::ohlawd:

:laff:@ Kreese posting up in corners of the dojo like :mjlit::shaq::demonic:

All this hand to hand fighting - if one person showed up with a gun, they could run the whole city :mjlol:

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
After binging
I liked season 1 better
The levity mixed with drama worked more
Season 2 was a little too “CW” for me
Daniel really did start all this shyt
Like that YouTube video showed:russ:
He is very bratty/sanctimonious
Still ain’t forgot about Karate Kid 2:mjpls:
Johnny and these hot babes:mjlol:
But that matte black Challenger :ohlawd:
Of course they do Miguel wrong:mjpls:
Can’t stand Demetri :pacspit:
I need Hawk to lay them hands on brody:demonic:
And of course that agenda creeps in:mjlol:
Perfect move to Netflix:mjgrin:
Samantha is a trash ass character just like her pops
The fight pieces although heavily choreographed and unbelievable
I still fukks with them
I can’t even fathom season 2 finale happening in real life:mjlol:
But that was fun until the end:mjcry:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Binged this in a few days, great nostalgia trip. Quite a few leaps in logic. I hate Robbie, such a little dip shyt, dude just showed up at the tournament with a black belt after taking karate lessons for a few weeks. All to spite his dad:francis:
But great entertainment value in this show, too bad season 3 is a long way off.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Finished catching up and :wow: This show is really a cautionary tale of extreme simping. Should have charged these hoes to the game but they turned a high school beef to a blood feud :mjlol:

:laff: @
that the long and big ass brawl on school grounds, the staff there ain't shyt. All the fights I've seen throughout my middle to high school years had teachers, security and cops swarming with the quickness. I liked the teamwork Cobra Kai squad put in though :leon:

Miguel was my favorite character so imma be tight if he's paralyzed for life next season :beli:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Was there another thread? I could've sworn I posted about this show back in the YouTube Red days. This show is piff. I was hooked as soon as I saw Johnny beat up those kids in the first episode :laff:

Finished catching up and :wow: This show is really a cautionary tale of extreme simping. Should have charged these hoes to the game but they turned a high school beef to a blood feud :mjlol:

:laff: @
that the long and big ass brawl on school grounds, the staff there ain't shyt. All the fights I've seen throughout my middle to high school years had teachers, security and cops swarming with the quickness. I liked the teamwork Cobra Kai squad put in though :leon:

Miguel was my favorite character so imma be tight if he's paralyzed for life next season :beli:

I think...

Ali, the girl from the OG Karate Kid 1 movie, is making an appearance in season 3 to save Miguel's life. They hinted she was a doctor/surgeon, and it makes sense for her to appear at some point.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Was there another thread? I could've sworn I posted about this show back in the YouTube Red days. This show is piff. I was hooked as soon as I saw Johnny beat up those kids in the first episode :laff:

I think...

Ali, the girl from the OG Karate Kid 1 movie, is making an appearance in season 3 to save Miguel's life. They hinted she was a doctor/surgeon, and it makes sense for her to appear at some point.

I figured that with the hook they did with Johnny's phone at the end.
I just got a bad feeling they're going to keep Miguel in a chair anyway or he ends up walking again but his martial arts days are over.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Stumbled across this yesterday and ended up binging the whole thing... Pretty good, as a Karate Kid fan enjoyed the throwback scenes and clearing up some stuff from the old movies. Kinda weird that found myself rooting for Cobra Kai at least until the old sensai showed up. Crazy that never seen anything about it on YouTube when it came out. Fun and quick watch, I'll be looking forward to season 3