Official Candyman Thread

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
first half was okay, great dialogue. It was like slowly Anthony was figuring out his own origins as well as candyman. As far as the third act, It seemed rushed.

The part where Anthony is talking to his mom, it seemed after that scene, there is a scene or two missing or something. And how everything tied in with the laundry mat guy didnt resonate with me either.

Also I didn’t see candyman kill any black people either, well maybe he killed that girl in hiding in the stall and the laundry mat guys sister so I retract that statement.

I just thought the ending could’ve been better. The third act didn’t ruin the movie, but it couldve made it even better. I would watch this again

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I found some of the dialogue , maybe majority to be weak and full of cheap jargon. The Art dealer/curator guy (fat cac) was painful to watch , acting wise etc he was trash.
What impressed or stole my attention was Mateen II, his presence was all i needed, stand out performance!

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I found some of the dialogue , maybe majority to be weak and full of cheap jargon. The Art dealer/curator guy (fat cac) was painful to watch , acting wise etc he was trash.
What impressed or stole my attention was Mateen II, his presence was all i needed, stand out performance!

Dude should be casted as the replacement Black panther if he can do an accent (I dont know of any up and coming African actors who could do it)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude should be casted as the replacement Black panther if he can do an accent (I dont know of any up and coming African actors who could do it)

he already black manta for DC. Hopefully marvel got somebody locked up and just putting together a Good PR campaign to honor chad while still moving on with the character

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This sub is officially dead
:russ: Man I gotta get all my thoughts out there before I get them somewhere else or else they lose luster for me. Just how my brain works. Once it’s out of my system then I can come here and talk.

But also, life happens. Less time to be here. Real shyt? Working from home for a year and a half now makes me want to look at a screen less and less. When I have downtime I want to not type shyt and just get away.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I don't want to admit but I have to be honest, 90% of the dialogue to me felt like the writers were just checking off items that would please Black Twitter. The movie was literally force-feeding me its themes and messages. It doesn't really leave much for discussion because the movie tells you everything.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:russ: Man I gotta get all my thoughts out there before I get them somewhere else or else they lose luster for me. Just how my brain works. Once it’s out of my system then I can come here and talk.

But also, life happens. Less time to be here. Real shyt? Working from home for a year and a half now makes me want to look at a screen less and less. When I have downtime I want to not type shyt and just get away.
A lot of Juelzing to tell us you've gone corporate on us :troll:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Just came from it. I thought it was great. Probably right up there with Get Out for me for all the black horror features.

Ending was amazing to me. Hope they do a sequel

My theater CLAPPED :wow:

people enjoyed the hell out of it