Official Candyman Thread

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every time Teyonah Parris was on screen :wow: goddamn she fine. I can definitely agree with the run time complaints. It’s extremely rare I wish a movie was longer, but they wrapped it up rapidly. I also wasn’t slightly scared once, but it was a solid movie. It’s a worthy sequel. The dread built up like crazy

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I agree. Dope movie but the 3rd act left me with some questions.

Another 10 mins, with better explanation on Anthonys body transformation and why Candyman has not killed him yet, a scene where William is convincing Anthony on why he needs to become the new Candyman and how he is going to cut his arm off and set him up to be murdered.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This has an aggregate of over 84% fresh reviews. I'd say he's 2-1. For me personally he's 3-0. I like the risks he's taking.

Dudes gon' be chasin' that Get Out High forever.

I don’t know why some folks think he completely fell off the cliff like Neil Blomkamp. Especially this early in his directorial career. Us was still fun to watch even if it didn’t reach that Get Out high.

Whole lot of hand wringing for what yall claim should be a good watch but I'll see for myself when it drops :hubie:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Whole lot of hand wringing for what yall claim should be a good watch but I'll see for myself when it drops :hubie:
That wasn’t hand wringing, and there’s nothing really to get antsy about. Just an observation of something I’ve noticed amongst multiple forums. Overall I dug the film a lot. I still have my fair share of issues with it, so I can understand the not-so-glowing side of reviews too. :manny:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Another 10 mins, with better explanation on Anthonys body transformation and why Candyman has not killed him yet, a scene where William is convincing Anthony on why he needs to become the new Candyman and how he is going to cut his arm off and set him up to be murdered.
It felt like there was a whole chunk missing after

Anthony had his visit with his mother. It’s like he submitted himself way too easily there. I was expecting him to get into even more fukkery that severely affects his social circle and daily life. I was waiting on that twisted, point of no return to normal life moment that Helen had in the OG movie when Bernadette was killed.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It felt like there was a whole chunk missing after

Anthony had his visit with his mother. It’s like he submitted himself way too easily there. I was expecting him to get into even more fukkery that severely affects his social circle and daily life. I was waiting on that twisted, point of no return to normal life moment that Helen had in the OG movie when Bernadette was killed.

Yeah Anthony looked so defeated right before getting his hand sawed off. There had to be some missing scenes prior to that point in the film. I agree Anthony had no will to fight for his life like he nothing to lose and just was going to accept his faith. Helen seemed so much stronger of a character than Anthony. She did not give up at all no matter if it sacrificed her on life at the end. Now my only gripe of the OG film was that goofy ass ending with her killing that funny looking dude at the end. Seemed so forced and Hollywood.