Official Candyman Thread

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:manny:A Different World had a lasting influence is all it is.

I guess balance is key. I don't want to come off as I have an issue with Black films in general being socially conscious, I don't. It just seems like every Black creative out there is aiming for the same thing. After a while, it starts looking like a crutch, like we're unwilling, or scared to do anything else.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Do you think this is a horror film for people that do not really enjoy the genre? Like there is substance to it and just not a kill count.

it’s a horror movie at the end of the day. If you don’t like to be on the edge of your seat or to see gratuitous violence or disturbing images for no reason then this isn’t going to change your mind.

Yea it had the whole black people struggle subplot but it wasn’t as big a deal as people are making it out to be. It just talks about how they gentrified the hood and it created a killer.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I LOVED this! It's was so beautifully imagined and I especially loved the way it drew upon real history to tell the real horror of the brutalization and murder of black men by police through time. I was not ready. The closing credits alone deserve a nomination. It all felt so inspired and I truly believe whoever wrote this was talking to the ancestors. Nia Dacosta is a director to watch. Two thumbs up, 10/10 for me. I highly recommend.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Seems folks get unusually upset anytime these movies have any kinda social commentary regarding da plight of Black folks.

Yes! Like horror doesn't constantly make social commentary. For some reason it's frowned upon to address race but folks are fine when horror makes social commentary on nonracial things like capitalism, technology, greed, vanity, and social isolation.:dry:

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Just got back from this with my main. This was cool but more suspense instead of horror.

Definitely loved how they added to the lore and the throwback to the original. Wasn't scary and I love horror.

3.5/5

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Finley’s death is easily my favorite in the whole film and the one that stuck with me the most. The camera zoom-out as she’s getting murked :picard: while everyone else in the apartment complex is going about their business. :wow: Her trail of blood mirroring Anthony’s paintbrush stroke from earlier. :damn::wow:

The cinematography was on point.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
I'm really not understanding how dawg ain't go to da hospital in da 1st fukkin' place when he seent his hand was fukked off behind that sting. And his gal ain't shyt for not telling him to go get that shyt checked out. SN: I was hoping for an appearance from an older Jake (lil' dude from da OG movie). Also, I'm still not clear on what Burke's motivation was. He was seemingly obsessed.