Official Candyman Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
This movie is playing on how urban legends work or the telephone game. The story is changed per person. Ann Marie is going to tell her son the real story.
The scar on his hand :picard:
4fd482197a3bc3d6c1413f9de9e7075cac2679b4.gifv

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
TO BE FAIR, Candyman is supposed to be a urban legend and oral tradition, and those constantly change throughout the times depending on who's telling it. I do admit that having Candyman's origin constantly changing, while the only consistent thing being is that he's a murderous ghost with a hook, intrigues me.

That fits with the whole theme of the OG Helen was writing a paper on the origins of urban legends, how they change from time to time. Movies gonna be fire I hope Tony Todd is in there somewhere. Some comments on youtube are saying their might be a Cult of Candyman :merchant:

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
So, while it appears that da story has changed, that isn't really da case. It's due to as how y'all stated, urban legends changing based upon who tells 'em. So it seems we'll be viewing it from a different aspect in oppose to da origin/legend told in previous films. I feel like Anthony's momma will tell him da real story in da movie theaux.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So, while it appears that da story has changed, that isn't really da case. It's due to as how y'all stated, urban legends changing based upon who tells 'em. So it seems we'll be viewing it from a different aspect in oppose to da origin/legend told in previous films. I feel like Anthony's momma will tell him da real story in da movie theaux.

Also the planned sequel that Bernard Rose was going to do was to have a completely different Candyman and was going to be based in London.