Official Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Thread

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Am I buggin' or has da graphics been hella scaled down??? It doesn't look as crisp/sharp as COD: MW/Warzone. This shyt took hours to download last night (PS4) & didn't finish till this morning. Anyone who has already prestige'd on this shyt has absolutely no life.

Dont hate bc U missed double xp the first 3 days

I'm on prestige 2 and only play it 4 hours a day since then

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Ive put in a couple hours, heres my opinion

Cons
- Graphics, sound effects, animations, and game engine in general are a major step back. This seems to be the effect of Covid and the game studios playing musical chairs during development

- Skill based matchmaking is going to make grinding for camos a major pain in the ass. Good luck getting multi-kills with rocket launchers and bullchit weapons without going -15 k/d each match, getting frustrated, and costing your team wins.
You also quickly get paired up with terrible players and are expected to carry if you have a couple games where you put up a good score. Ive heard this is way worse in objective games like Hardpoint and Control, but I havent even tried those yet.

- No lobbies. I still hate this design direction. I miss staying in a lobby for multiple games, talking shyt to people, or talking and making new friends to play with, or talking about sports, or some kids mom comes in and yells at him for not doing his chores. Teammates dont bother to put in mics because they may never see you again. So much comedy and community is lost on this alone. Its probably my single biggest complaint about the game overall.

- Only 8 maps. The game gets stale. This will change in a month, but its still annoying to be limited at first

- Gun leveling is slow as FUKK. A lot of attachments are useless. Ive been looking at some videos from guys like Dysmo, Faze Jev, Xclusive Ace, and Driftor. These are some pretty well known guys in the COD community for gameplay and informative videos. Its honestly shocking how unfinished and unpolished the game is.
Challenges not counting, attachments having no effect, other attachments working way better than intended, misleading descriptions on what attachments and perks even do, etc.

Pros
- Gunplay is GOOD. Gun skill is back in a major way. There is minimal flinch when you get shot, so it comes down to aim a lot of the time.

- Run and gun playstyle is BACK. I hate how slow your strafe speed is while aiming down sights, but I know there are attachments that help with that. Just takes a while to unlock them.

- Miami is the only map I would argue is legitimately bad. Everything else is fine or decent. Nothing jumps out to me as great, but just 1 bad map is an improvement.

Summary
Overall, if money is tight or you arent sure this is worth your time, then I would advise you to wait til early January when some more content is available and theres a bunch of new players for you to come in with.

In its current state this game is not worth $60. $40 or $30 would be more reasonable. I personally dont care about campaign or zombies, so I have no opinion on that.

@stepbackj34spud you gotta relax. This game is a 5 or maybe 6/10 at the moment. There is potential, but its not there yet. Youre defending this game like its your wife. It doesnt love you as much as you love it.

Its a buggy, half-assed, unfinished product.
Its a annoying bytch with a bad attitude, but a phat ass and average conversation. Improvements could be made if it could get out of its own way, but it needs guidance.

Lets see if that guidance happens.

Last edited: