Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My review
breh, i totally agree, this shyt was ASS!

Pros
  • Loved how Laurie skipped over her daughter and had a good relationship with her granddaughter.
  • Best part of the moment: The mom acting like a Damsel in Distress and saying "Gotcha" :youngsabo: and shooting at Michael made my theater go nuts.
  • Loved how they trapped Michael. It was "go big or go home" that trap symbolized that Laurie was willing to trap her and Michael in there to die together if need be and stop haunting her offspring
  • Black jive talking kid was :wow: and he lived :wow: the cacs in my theater didnt get his humor :beli:
Cons
  • That heel turn that fell flat with the "New Dr. Loomis" shyt had me like :martin:
  • Really hated Laurie being 60 but a bad ass. I could understand not being scared but her being "Tomb Raider" & fearless was ass. Would've liked it better if they played on how she was paranoid more than being a skilled fighter.
  • Disliked them showing Michael Myer's grey hair. Something about him being old yet being undestrucable like 1998 Kane was :camby: to me
  • I'd loved him he slammed the knife in the baby crib. The audiece would have rioted but its pure evil like he should have been.
  • All the "american pie" looking handsome cacs all in the move :camby::mindblown:
Overall: 7/10

probably a nice little sequel for the "Halloween 1" fans but i was expecting fukkery and they showed too much in the trailers.

Naw she wasnt a bad ass. She was just prepared.she's been traumatized for 40 years. If u survive Michael myers then you would be fearless to.

I
like that they showed an aged Michael. Its make him more human and plus he doesn't look so unbeatable/SPOILER]

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no issues with them retconning the family connection. My issue was that they had to make several clunky moves in the movie to get 3 generations of Strode women all gathered together to face Michael especially considering they had a perfectly fine way to do it set up earlier in the film that they punted on.

I don't think it's clunky at all. The Dr. was the one behind the bus crash in ORDER to set the tables for this to happen. Also, Laurie Strode felt it was some type of DESTINY for this to happen which was why she been preparing for that moment for 40 years and she wanted to have her family come to her place. So, none of it was by accident, but at the same time if the implications is that Laurie and Michael were destined to meet again..... shyt happens for that to be a reality. But again, it's all ambiguous. Like why exactly Michael had to return BACK to Haddonfield every time? There's no real explanation, but we can assume there's a connection. And Laurie Strobe believed it. And if this spirit of evil was channeling, then things that you cannot logically explained happens. That's how I saw it at least.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
shyt was piff. My hands were sweaty as fukk n my wife kept hitting me out of fear. Random dude next to me kept trying to make comments to his lady (mom?) Because I could tell that mutherfukker was shook :russ:

The Shape did exactly what I'd expect somebody to do after 40 years of waiting :blessed:

G.O.A.T.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My review
breh, i totally agree, this shyt was ASS!

Pros
  • Loved how Laurie skipped over her daughter and had a good relationship with her granddaughter.
  • Best part of the moment: The mom acting like a Damsel in Distress and saying "Gotcha" :youngsabo: and shooting at Michael made my theater go nuts.
  • Loved how they trapped Michael. It was "go big or go home" that trap symbolized that Laurie was willing to trap her and Michael in there to die together if need be and stop haunting her offspring
  • Black jive talking kid was :wow: and he lived :wow: the cacs in my theater didnt get his humor :beli:
Cons
  • That heel turn that fell flat with the "New Dr. Loomis" shyt had me like :martin:
  • Really hated Laurie being 60 but a bad ass. I could understand not being scared but her being "Tomb Raider" & fearless was ass. Would've liked it better if they played on how she was paranoid more than being a skilled fighter.
  • Disliked them showing Michael Myer's grey hair. Something about him being old yet being undestrucable like 1998 Kane was :camby: to me
  • I'd loved him he slammed the knife in the baby crib. The audiece would have rioted but its pure evil like he should have been.
  • All the "american pie" looking handsome cacs all in the move :camby::mindblown:
Overall: 7/10

probably a nice little sequel for the "Halloween 1" fans but i was expecting fukkery and they showed too much in the trailers.

Some things about the CONS

I agree the swerve of Dr. Loomis' protege wasn't executed well, even though I understood his purpose and agenda. Word has it, this character wasn't supposed to exist at all and it was Laurie herself that caused the accident that freed Michael so she can lure him to her place to kill him. But it gotten so bad feedback, because it would of made Laurie the true villain and all of those senseless murders would of been held her accountable for. So they scrapped it and used this character to explain how Michael escaped and why and to suggest that anyone that deals with Michael for that long would eventually go mad themselves. But I agree it was poorly executed.

If you hated Laurie because she turned out to becoming a bad ass, then you SURELY must of hated Sarah Conner in T2. I mean it is the same exact thing. Laurie Strode is EXACTLY the same character as Sarah Conner. And it's 40 years later, why you think it is dumb of her getting herself PREPARED when Michael returns.

In the original Halloween, Laurie briefly was able to pull off Michael's mask which showed Michael looking like a regular young adult. It was supposed to expose that this killer isn't no anything special or implied as such. Being that this rectonned version is going back to that essence, that Michael Myers is really just a human being and not anything more than that, it is only more logical to show him as the 61 year old grey haired man as he should be. It also serves the ambiguity about Michael's mortality whether it is self driven or if he is possessed by some evil spirit. And with that, we seen him murdered a child, but like in the original, he didn't just go off killing everyone he sees. He just kills people off random. So, the baby thing gave the feeling that he COULD just like he could of killed the black kid in the room, but it's just off by random of who gets it or not.

And none of those kids were good looking.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
:damn: nikka I was scared

I was yellin at the screen to hype myself up me and my girl both some scary ass nikkas when it come to horror movies

I missed the last two min of the film I droppped my phone and started looking for it....

Spoiler for people that haven’t seen it
All I member they set Michael on fire

Then they was leaving and a car pulled up

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree the swerve of Dr. Loomis' protege wasn't executed well, even though I understood his purpose and agenda. Word has it, this character wasn't supposed to exist at all and it was Laurie herself that caused the accident that freed Michael so she can lure him to her place to kill him. But it gotten so bad feedback, because it would of made Laurie the true villain and all of those senseless murders would of been held her accountable for. So they scrapped it and used this character to explain how Michael escaped and why and to suggest that anyone that deals with Michael for that long would eventually go mad themselves. But I agree it was poorly executed.

If you hated Laurie because she turned out to becoming a bad ass, then you SURELY must of hated Sarah Conner in T2. I mean it is the same exact thing. Laurie Strode is EXACTLY the same character as Sarah Conner. And it's 40 years later, why you think it is dumb of her getting herself PREPARED when Michael returns.

In the original Halloween, Laurie briefly was able to pull off Michael's mask which showed Michael looking like a regular young adult. It was supposed to expose that this killer isn't no anything special or implied as such. Being that this rectonned version is going back to that essence, that Michael Myers is really just a human being and not anything more than that, it is only more logical to show him as the 61 year old grey haired man as he should be. It also serves the ambiguity about Michael's mortality whether it is self driven or if he is possessed by some evil spirit. And with that, we seen him murdered a child, but like in the original, he didn't just go off killing everyone he sees. He just kills people off random. So, the baby thing gave the feeling that he COULD just like he could of killed the black kid in the room, but it's just off by random of who gets it or not.

And none of those kids were good looking.
he let the police officer live to. Which was weird because Michael just walked by and ignored him once he knew that laurie was outside. I would bring back the fact that's his sister with her having a daughter and granddaughter sets up new plot/story lines. Without that sibling thing theres no reason for another reason no reason for Michael to stalk and kill laurie.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Nothing will ever top Halloween 1,2 (or 3 which had nothing to do with MM)

But his movie was good for what it was. The whole feminism feel to it was a bit much but bearable.

1. Did the male reporter live? Trailer had me thinking he was the star
2. I really like dhow this movie paid homage to the first just reversing certain scenes, such as MM being gone at the end of the first and the grandma being gone when MM looks away
3. Goofy was the fake ass demented doctor. I am sure it was he who caused the bus accident, though I am unsure why MM didn't kill him then and there
4. Black kid added comedy and I was glad the few black people in the movie ALL lived
5. This was better than the Rob Zombie remake and I can stomach a sequel
6. Anyone think Happy Death Day 2U will be good? Saw it in the trailer
I was presently surprised to see the happy death day 2 U trailer. I didnt know they were doing a sequel

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I assumed that was where we were headed after Laurie left that disastrous dinner with her family and was sitting outside the mental hospital drinking. And it would have been much better to do it that way than to go with the Doctor's heel turn. fukk anybody who gave that idea bad feedback because Laurie's obsession with Michael being the cause of him getting free to kill again would have been fitting considering how we were told over and over about how Laurie had been behaving since the night Michael attacked her. Going with that option and then having her trap herself in the basement with Michael as she set her house on fire would have been the perfect ending for this movie.