Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just got out of it and give a 7.5 it’s a very good horror movie but as a nitpick and hopefully not a spoiler I don’t really really see why they had to throw out Halloween 2 for them to tell this story
And based on all the interviews I read I thought it was going to be “smarter” it wasn’t it’s just a good solid horror movie .
more nitpicks but why not just trap him in the room and do the same thing or let him in the basement earlier and trap him the movie definitely wasn’t as clever as I thought it would be . On a side note they have Michael acting obsessed with the strodes , I would of preferred using the doctor as a reason

I haven’t seen it yet but the director explained why he wanted to originally keep hallloween 2 in continuity but the tracking shot scene of Michael in the neighborhood made him change his mind.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Saw it last night

I liked the atmosphere of some of the kills and scenes, the scene where the son and father find the bus and the motion lights scene.

Some of the deaths seemed sorta worthless. I liked seeing Mike on a rampage but the twist with the doctor only for Michael to just kill him easily a few minutes later was just :yeshrug:

Also the killing of the podcasters. I know they just existed to set the story but were also just there.

A lot of the daughter’s story was rushed along with the kid. There wasn’t a lot of time to breathe in the story.

Was really hoping the boyfriend was gonna die but him and the sheriff with the hat just disappeared from the movie :dwillhuh:

The exchange between Jamie Lee Curtis and the cop about praying for Michael to come back :dead:

Anyone else think the daughter’s husband looked way too old? Plus dude was an idiot. Why did JLC show them the basement and telling them not to leave only for 5 mins later to see dude yo-yoing and walking outside to get killed :russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to that little black boy. He acted like a real niguh would.

I lol when
that crazy doctor said dont shoot me and he blasted that nihuh.

Please tell me it was an after credit scene. Otherwise that ending was weak. Now the actual show down was dope.. Especially with camera angles,darkness, the suspense. Just wish it was more suspense on the 1st half. Overall it good. Especially compared to other horror films I've seen lately.
I haven’t seen it yet but the director explained why he wanted to originally keep hallloween 2 in continuity but the tracking shot scene of Michael in the neighborhood made him change his mind.
im talking about what Danny McBride said
I was pushing for that removal right off the bat,” McBride said. “I just felt like that was an area where he wasn’t quite as scary anymore, it seemed too personalized. I wasn’t as afraid of Michael Myers anymore because I’m not his fukking brother so he’s not coming after me. Also you’ve seen it, so wouldn’t it be interesting just to see what would happen if it wasn’t that, and what does that open up for us if it wasn’t this random killing that has affected this character, so it just seemed like new territory to bite off.”
We’ll discuss once you see it but I feel like they didn’t pull this off to me

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night

I liked the atmosphere of some of the kills and scenes, the scene where the son and father find the bus and the motion lights scene.

Some of the deaths seemed sorta worthless. I liked seeing Mike on a rampage but the twist with the doctor only for Michael to just kill him easily a few minutes later was just :yeshrug:

Also the killing of the podcasters. I know they just existed to set the story but were also just there.

A lot of the daughter’s story was rushed along with the kid. There wasn’t a lot of time to breathe in the story.

Was really hoping the boyfriend was gonna die but him and the sheriff with the hat just disappeared from the movie :dwillhuh:

The exchange between Jamie Lee Curtis and the cop about praying for Michael to come back :dead:

Anyone else think the daughter’s husband looked way too old? Plus dude was an idiot. Why did JLC show them the basement and telling them not to leave only for 5 mins later to see dude yo-yoing and walking outside to get killed :russ:
Yeah you are right and go into some of the stupid horror stuff this movie does , Also there was not enough of the family relationship or it wasn’t handled right to me

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was pushing for that removal right off the bat,” McBride said. “I just felt like that was an area where he wasn’t quite as scary anymore, it seemed too personalized. I wasn’t as afraid of Michael Myers anymore because I’m not his fukking brother so he’s not coming after me. Also you’ve seen it, so wouldn’t it be interesting just to see what would happen if it wasn’t that, and what does that open up for us if it wasn’t this random killing that has affected this character, so it just seemed like new territory to bite off.”

Word.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I give it the same rating... but to explaining the 1st spoiler...
Laurie actually WANTED Michael to get in the house to trap him. So the breakable glass makes sense. She wanting him in the house. Plus, it plays part of a homage of a similar scene with Laurie and Michael in the first film.

Right, if they trying to play it fair to the original. Then the Shape is unpredictable, you do not necessary know what he would do or who he will kill nor there's not a pattern or rational reason. The ambiguity is the biggest aspect with Michael Myers with the question of if he really "The Evil" as Dr. Loomis once referred him as? Is he really "The Boogieman"? Or is he just a mentally sick man? So, I liked how some of the kills were for a specific reason, while others were just reason, and those who were spared had no true reason. But with that, you just never know what makes Michael Myers tick. I think that's why that Dr. that took over after Dr. Loomis took over was so obsessed as well as those journalists. They knew that Michael Myers is an enigma.

I like this explanation. OK, that makes me more sense now. Although now that I think about it, it seems far-fetched to try and trap him like that. But it made for great drama.

Someone in my theater was like "Aww there ya go" when Michael got finished with the hammer and picked up the knife for the first time. :mjlol:

LOL.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this explanation. OK, that makes me more sense now. Although now that I think about it, it seems far-fetched to try and trap him like that. But it made for great drama.

LOL.
Didn’t she have a metal gate actually in front of that door though :jbhmm: in the beginning. I gotta watch it again. Damn you making me think of more issues I have with the movie :martin:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Saw it last night

You notice how little Cory Baxter got out of there with the quickness? :lolbron: Smartest decision in the film was made by an 8 year old. :mjlol:

Didn’t she have a metal gate actually in front of that door though :jbhmm: in the beginning. I gotta watch it again. Damn you making me think of more issues I have with the movie :martin:
Which one? The main front one? Yeah, she did. Noticed it more when Allyson just wandered in out of nowhere.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
At some point one would ask how old is Michael Meyers? I mean he has to be in his 50's, is he going to slow down a bit?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. Sure it had its flaws but nothing that was so egregious that it took away from the entertainment value of the movie.
But on this point in particular I have some thoughts:
I understood Green and McBride’s desire to retcon the sibling connection between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers and I was all for it but the execution of it created a clunkiness that hurt the film a bit. By making Laurie just the random victim who got away the movie then was faced with not only coming up with ways to bring Michael and Laurie together again but also to sweep up Laurie’s family into the mix as well. This change created a bit of a logistical nightmare for the movie in my eyes and none of the reactions with the police after Michael escaped and started hacking up the good people of Haddonfield made any sense.
If Laurie wasn't a target or Michael's then there was no real reason for the entire police force to go into overdrive protecting her family or even moving her daughter/husband from their home. They could have just put a cop outside their house as a precaution because as far as Michael was concerned they would have just been any other family in that town and none of the other families were being given special attention.
Even the way they eventually got the granddaughter into the mix was a bot of a mess too. I was expecting them to just have all of the teens end up at the one house where the blond girl was babysitting and for that to be how Michael and Laurie's family got re-connected because that house just happened to be on the block (the kid's parents were the black couple in the doctor and sexy nurse outfits if I am remembering correctly that Michael watched as they got into their car) that Michael was making his way through by happenstance. That would have been a much more organic way to do things than what they ended up with.
But the way the movie presented everything they might have well have kept the sibling connection since the end result was basically the same as it would have been if they had.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
3 star movie. 5 star fun and theater experience. Haven't had a theater this rowdy and engages in 15+ years.

Bumps it to a 7/10 for me.

Had that throwback feel
Whole lot of stipulations here :jbhmm:

And if the theater bumped it to 7/10....:patrice:

Might have to stay at the crib :hubie: