Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but it brought the tension, especially towards the end. There were a few dumb things that I think didn't make sense like
why would someone who spent 40 years preparing for a monster to return have a door with breakable glass in it. Or shoot at someone you were hiding out from and give away your position
but other than that, I really thought it was well done. Some of the shots in this movie are iconic. I'm thinking of
that little boy who got out of the car with the shotgun. That whole sequence was really cool, IMO, and I like that he was a kid and Michael gave no fukks. Which by the way made him not killing the baby very baffling. I just knew that baby was dead, but he skipped him. So it does leave me to wonder what makes him tick. Apparently he's not 100% evil.
There were some twists that I found unexpected, but plausible like the
the doctor who'd probably spent a little too much time with him and wanted to see what it felt like to kill. Sad for the Sheriff. I think that's how Michael got free, so that was a good add-in
. I do think there was a missed opportunity here with the granddaughter. It really should have been
a grandson, who ended up stabbing Michael and gripping the knife at the end. I think it would have made that ending shot much more powerful and ironic. I also thought that as intense as the final scene was, having Michael just standing there watching them while he burned was very anticlimactic. It was like all of the build up just puttered out. I think they could have ended that part a bit better. I love the idea of the basement being a trap, but I would have liked to have seen Michael fighting a little harder to escape or flailing while he burned. But maybe I'm just sick like that.

I loved the little bits of comedy. I think it was a good balance for a movie like this, and that little black boy stole all of his scenes. I hope if they do a sequel, they bring him back.

Overall, it's not touching the first one, but it's a worthy sequel, IMO.

I'd give it a 8.5.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but it brought the tension, especially towards the end. There were a few dumb things that I think didn't make sense like
why would someone who spent 40 years preparing for a monster to return have a door with breakable glass in it. Or shoot at someone you were hiding out from and give away your position
but other than that, I really thought it was well done. Some of the shots in this movie are iconic. I'm thinking of
that little boy who got out of the car with the shotgun. That whole sequence was really cool, IMO, and I like that he was a kid and Michael gave no fukks. Which by the way made him not killing the baby very baffling. I just knew that baby was dead, but he skipped him. So it does leave me to wonder what makes him tick. Apparently he's not 100% evil.
the doctor who'd probably spent a little too much time with him and wanted to see what it felt like to kill. Sad for the Sheriff. I think that's how Michael got free, so that was a good add-in
. I do think there was a missed opportunity here with the granddaughter. It really should have been
a grandson, who ended up stabbing Michael and gripping the knife at the end. I think it would have made that ending shot much more powerful and ironic. I also thought that as intense as the final scene was, having Michael just standing there watching them while he burned was very anticlimactic. It was like all of the build up just puttered out. I think they could have ended that part a bit better. I love the idea of the basement being a trap, but I would have liked to have seen Michael fighting a little harder to escape or flailing while he burned. But maybe I'm just sick like that.

I loved the little bits of comedy. I think it was a good balance for a movie like this, and that little black boy stole all of his scenes. I hope if they do a sequel, they bring him back.

I'd give it a 8.5.
I just got out of it and give a 7.5 it’s a very good horror movie but as a nitpick and hopefully not a spoiler I don’t really really see why they had to throw out Halloween 2 for them to tell this story
And based on all the interviews I read I thought it was going to be “smarter” it wasn’t it’s just a good solid horror movie .
more nitpicks but why not just trap him in the room and do the same thing or let him in the basement earlier and trap him the movie definitely wasn’t as clever as I thought it would be . On a side note they have Michael acting obsessed with the strodes , I would of preferred using the doctor as a reason

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Props to that little black boy. He acted like a real niguh would.

I lol when
that crazy doctor said dont shoot me and he blasted that nihuh.

Please tell me it was an after credit scene. Otherwise that ending was weak. Now the actual show down was dope.. Especially with camera angles,darkness, the suspense. Just wish it was more suspense on the 1st half. Overall it good. Especially compared to other horror films I've seen lately.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I'd give it a 8.5.
He killed the kid because he had a gun and perceived him as a threat. I think he let the baby live not because he’s not all evil, but because it’s no threat to him whatsoever. All the other kids trick or treating were safe for the same reason. Even the black kid (funniest shyt in the whole movie) he just used him to get the babysitter upstairs but wouldn’t have killed him either

From my perspective, I think Michael simply accepted his fate when they trapped him. Laurie basically baited him into coming for her. She was willing to sacrifice herself if her plan went sideways, she was confident her daughter was prepared enough to finish it. Her acting like a damsel in distress was genius IMO. It brought him down there to be trapped.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd give it a 8.5.

I give it the same rating... but to explaining the 1st spoiler...
Laurie actually WANTED Michael to get in the house to trap him. So the breakable glass makes sense. She wanting him in the house. Plus, it plays part of a homage of a similar scene with Laurie and Michael in the first film.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Just got out of the screening. Really enjoyed it for the most part, although that ending didn't really do much for me. It felt unfinished and I felt a little underwhelmed coming out of it , but I suppose that's what they're going for in the sequel. Not the type of movie that will stay with me, yet it was still a joy to watch Michael on the big screen.....they nailed the atmosphere.

I had a lot of fun with this film until

Wannabe Loomis hit us with the heel turn. Took me out of the rest of the movie. We knew so little about his character that his decision to go that route had no impact on me. Really wished they left that part out.

Perhaps he helped Michael get off that bus. Either way............SPLAT :mjlol:

The throwback to the first film when Michael threw Laurie off the balcony onto the ground and having her disappear was perfect. :wow:

And oh yeah, film was filled with a lot of gore. :demonic: Not as much as the Zombie renditions, but they hit us with the right amount and didn't go over the top with it.

John Carpenter......that man killed it. Score was phenomenal. That whizzing sound that played when
Laurie disappeared after falling. Goosebumps.

Was so fukking happy when those journalists were killed off. Holy fukk were they pointless. Was not a fan of that prison yard scene......who gave these nikkas the mask? :hhh:

I give this one a 7.5/10. Think I'ma try a PB&J banh mi one day. :ehh:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He killed the kid because he had a gun and perceived him as a threat. I think he let the baby live not because he’s not all evil, but because it’s no threat to him whatsoever. All the other kids trick or treating were safe for the same reason. Even the black kid (funniest shyt in the whole movie) he just used him to get the babysitter upstairs but wouldn’t have killed him either

From my perspective, I think Michael simply accepted his fate when they trapped him. Laurie basically baited him into coming for her. She was willing to sacrifice herself if her plan went sideways, she was confident her daughter was prepared enough to finish it. Her acting like a damsel in distress was genius IMO. It brought him down there to be trapped.

Right, if they trying to play it fair to the original. Then the Shape is unpredictable, you do not necessary know what he would do or who he will kill nor there's not a pattern or rational reason. The ambiguity is the biggest aspect with Michael Myers with the question of if he really "The Evil" as Dr. Loomis once referred him as? Is he really "The Boogieman"? Or is he just a mentally sick man? So, I liked how some of the kills were for a specific reason, while others were just reason, and those who were spared had no true reason. But with that, you just never know what makes Michael Myers tick. I think that's why that Dr. that took over after Dr. Loomis took over was so obsessed as well as those journalists. They knew that Michael Myers is an enigma.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Props to that little black boy. He acted like a real niguh would.

I lol when
that crazy doctor said dont shoot me and he blasted that nihuh.

Please tell me it was an after credit scene. Otherwise that ending was weak. Now the actual show down was dope.. Especially with camera angles,darkness, the suspense. Just wish it was more suspense on the 1st half. Overall it good. Especially compared to other horror films I've seen lately.
Good to see I wasn't alone with that.

Allyson with the knife at the end tho. :ohhh:

Multiple times I caught myself wishing Allyson would shut up during that final act. Get out of the fukking way and let these two legends battle it out. :wow:

1st half was missing all of the stalking Michael did in the original, that was a big part of the horror that I missed.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
3 star movie. 5 star fun and theater experience. Haven't had a theater this rowdy and engages in 15+ years.

Bumps it to a 7/10 for me.

Had thay throwback feel
Someone in my theater was like "Aww there ya go" when Michael got finished with the hammer and picked up the knife for the first time. :mjlol:

Last edited:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Just came back, shyt was pretty good :obama:

And I normally prefer supernatural horror to the slasher flicks