Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How do you feel about this continuity debate
I breezed past the little back and forth you guys were having but from the description I think this new movie would do best to just keep Halloween 1 & 2 as the only films that matter as far as continuity.
So Michael bust out of the nut house, went back to Haddonfield where he killed Laurie Strode's friends and then attacked her at the hospital where he got set on fire by Loomis and didn't die but instead got locked up and put on death row.
That way they can keep some ties to the original while skipping all of the druid nonsense completely.
And it also leaves the door open to have Jamie Lee Curtis' old ass pop up as OG Laurie Strode one more time.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I breezed past the little back and forth you guys were having but from the description I think this new movie would do best to just keep Halloween 1 & 2 as the only films that matter as far as continuity.
So Michael bust out of the nut house, went back to Haddonfield where he killed Laurie Strode's friends and then attacked her at the hospital where he got set on fire by Loomis and didn't die but instead got locked up and put on death row.
That way they can keep some ties to the original while skipping all of the druid nonsense completely.
And it also leaves the door open to have Jamie Lee Curtis' old ass pop up as OG Laurie Strode one more time.

Except you and I both know that ain't happening

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Except you and I both know that ain't happening
Man, she's out here doing Activia commercials and playing second fiddle to Emma Roberts on that Scream Queens show, I bet they could get her back for one more Halloween flick.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man, she's out here doing Activia commercials and playing second fiddle to Emma Roberts on that Scream Queens show, I bet they could get her back for one more Halloween flick.

Nah they pissed her off after H20. She said she'd only do it if you're going to kill michael off period. No tricks, no tricking the audience and no tricking Laurie. They of course agreed and then they announce resurrection and that whole scooby doo ending of H20 and it blew her high. She didn't want to do resurrection but she was contractually obligated to do it and said she'd only do it if you kill laurie because she was tight about the whole situation and wanted nothing more to do with it.

I'd argue the fact that she's doing commercials and in scream queens means she doesn't have to do a halloween movie. She's sitting on paper and just working when she wants to

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SHe is crazy for getting all twisted over the studio really killing Michael. That was never going to happen and she should have known better than to even believe it would.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
SHe is crazy for getting all twisted over the studio really killing Michael. That was never going to happen and she should have known better than to even believe it would.

Might be but those were her terms breh:whoknows: At that point, it is what it is. You tell me one thing and then do another, even if what I'm asking might be against your best interests, if you agree to my terms, you agree to my terms. So I feel like she's in her rights to be upset about them violating those terms, whatever they were

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Well, it's been officially announced that this is gonna be the 3rd Halloween 3, so to speak. Version1 was Season of the Witch. V2 was H20. Returns finna be V3. So let's recap all Halloween timelines...

OG: 1-6
V2:1,2,H2O, Resurrection
V3:1,2,Returns
Rob's mess:H(2007), H2(2009)

This is kinda like the Superman movies, which had different timelines...

OG:1-4
RD version:1, RDC, 3, 4
Routh version:1,2,Returns
Routh/RD version:1,RDC,Returns
Cavill version: MoS,BvS

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just read on Bloody-Disgusting that this role "a cop whose long been obsessed with Myers’ case, even putting it before his own daughter." is actually Deputy Gary Hunt who appeared in the first two Halloween movies:
x87asaJ.jpg

So I guess this movie is going to basically be in the continuity of the original Halloween 1 & 2.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
So they're basically wanting you to forget every Halloween after part 2 (cue Terminator Genesys ) :KanyeTrump:

Back in June, we learned exclusively how Dimension Films and director Marcus Dunstan’s upcoming Halloween Returns will connect to the franchise, and now (viaHalloween Daily News) the filmmaker has discussed several details, including that he wants actress Gillian Jacobs for the lead.

“I really like this actress Gillian Jacobs,” Dunstan said. “She’s known for all this comedy on ‘Community,’ and yet I didn’t know her from ‘Community’ first, I knew her from a movie called ‘Gardens of the Night,’ which is one of the most wrenching dramas, and she’s excellent. I thought, ‘I wonder if this great performer would do that again, would like to go there,’ and I think so.”

That sounds like a confirmation of her casting, but we will be sure to solidify that with an official statement from Dimension once principal photography begins. While Jacobs may be best known for “Community” (which had several Halloween holiday episodes), her experience in the genre also includes 2009’s The Box and 2013’s comedic horror flickBad Milo.

As for the title itself, Dunstan sheds some light on its meaning, which ties into our earlier report.

“It does function as what it means to say: If you commit a violent act, sometimes you get returns,” he suggests. “What are the repercussions of being a violent entity? In that case, ‘Halloween Returns’ could mean a number of things.”

Halloween Returns will follow the events of 1981’s Halloween II and will attempt to pave a new continuity from there, ignoring all subsequent sequels and remakes. It will follow the first sequel’s Deputy Gary Hunt (originally played by Hunter von Leer), who accompanied Dr. Loomis to the school and is now acting sheriff of Haddonfield, Illinois.

“The coolest thing we’ve done so far is a couple motion tests of potential Michaels,” continues Dunstan of his vision for a more old school horror film. “I want to see a film shot on film. I want it to be one that stands on its own. Suspense isn’t expensive. A karate fight in a burning room is expensive. Michael Myers is subtlety and suspense.”

Dunstan and Patrick Melton, with whom he wrote a number of the Saw films, have written the script for Halloween Returns, which is said to offer “a terrifying new installment of the classic franchise originated by John Carpenter.” Malek Akkad is set to produce with Matthew Stein as executive producer. The log line is currently being kept under wraps.

Halloween Returns: Director Wants Gillian Jacobs for the Lead - Shock Till You Drop

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This Franchise has been handled terribly since part two. 4/5/6/h2o are all entertaining...

Then Halloween part 8: Michael Myers in the hood was the bullet in the head...

Rob zombie's reimagining was the nail in the coffin...

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Celebrate the replacement of Rob zombie for the dude that penned the timeless Piranha 3DD brehs :francis: