Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Well, it's been officially announced that this is gonna be the 3rd Halloween 3, so to speak. Version1 was Season of the Witch. V2 was H20. Returns finna be V3. So let's recap all Halloween timelines...

OG: 1-6
V2:1,2,H2O, Resurrection
V3:1,2,Returns
Rob's mess:H(2007), H2(2009)

This is kinda like the Superman movies, which had different timelines...

OG:1-4
RD version:1, RDC, 3, 4
Routh version:1,2,Returns
Routh/RD version:1,RDC,Returns
Cavill version: MoS,BvS
Thanks for the explanation.

But I've gotta say...this is mad silly, doing it like this never works. Skipping around like this is mad messy and confusing to general audiences.

They should reboot...and the reboot need not be an origin story, but just a well put together Michael Myers movie. First five minutes of the movie, have kids sitting in their basement talking about the "legend" of Michael Myers. He's 70's folklore. They get killed. Abracadabra, another Halloween movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thanks for the explanation.

But I've gotta say...this is mad silly, doing it like this never works. Skipping around like this is mad messy and confusing to general audiences.

They should reboot...and the reboot need not be an origin story, but just a well put together Michael Myers movie. First five minutes of the movie, have kids sitting in their basement talking about the "legend" of Michael Myers. He's 70's folklore. They get killed. Abracadabra, another Halloween movie.

I think it'll work for this tho for real. They need to restore some purity to the series in the sense of making Michael a shape again. And getting rid of the whole Laurie thing

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I think it'll work for this tho for real. They need to restore some purity to the series in the sense of making Michael a shape again. And getting rid of the whole Laurie thing

This.

The Halloween franchise is so easy to keep going just keep it simple just like the first , all the sequels after 3 tried to do way too much. Even Zombie fell into that trap for his sequel, just keep it simple.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This.

The Halloween franchise is so easy to keep going just keep it simple just like the first , all the sequels after 3 tried to do way too much. Even Zombie fell into that trap for his sequel, just keep it simple.

Yup. All that family shyt weighed the series down, a mistake that Carpenter openly admits to and says was a mistake that happened all because he was drunk and tired. Get Laurie out of the picture, make Michael a mystery and just roll with it.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Yup. All that family shyt weighed the series down, a mistake that Carpenter openly admits to and says was a mistake that happened all because he was drunk and tired. Get Laurie out of the picture, make Michael a mystery and just roll with it.

Never knew that but it makes sense to hear him say that , it's been complicating them all since 3. He can always be a Haddenfield staple but to have him constantly linked to Laurie and her offspring is annoying.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never knew that but it makes sense to hear him say that , it's been complicating them all since 3. He can always be a Haddenfield staple but to have him constantly linked to Laurie and her offspring is annoying.

If I remember it correctly, he was writing halloween 2 (a movie he didn't even think should've existed) and was drinking brews and tired as fukk. So he got the idea of making Laurie his sister and here we are. And you're right, the series has been hamstrung ever since then

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
The Halloween movies for me growing up were always fun to watch for the sake of Mike goin Ham on idiot kids, but obviously parts 4 and on were money grabbers with the exception of H20 where I think they really tried to make a good movie and it wasn't bad at all.

I liked Zombie's "original" cut of the movie, but I always thought making Mike resemble Kane took away from him being a normal looking guy (which made it scarier to me). But hopefully they don't totally fukk this up because if it flops I'd say let Mike RIP for about....15 years

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Halloween movies for me growing up were always fun to watch for the sake of Mike goin Ham on idiot kids, but obviously parts 4 and on were money grabbers with the exception of H20 where I think they really tried to make a good movie and it wasn't bad at all.

I liked Zombie's "original" cut of the movie, but I always thought making Mike resemble Kane took away from him being a normal looking guy (which made it scarier to me). But hopefully they don't totally fukk this up because if it flops I'd say let Mike RIP for about....15 years

The movies always make money. I don't think there's the danger of a flop. It's just a matter of it being received warmly by the fans..pause

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
The movies always make money. I don't think there's the danger of a flop. It's just a matter of it being received warmly by the fans..pause

Yea the flop meant in the sense of the movie being bad or not but yea, they ALWAYS make money.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If my memory serves, didn't Carpenter originally wanted Halloween to be like a series/anthology, not focusing on Michael strictly. But that never panned out obviously.

I liked Halloween 4 more so because of nostalgia, but that Curse of Thorn storyline :mjlol: