Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If my memory serves, didn't Carpenter originally wanted Halloween to be like a series/anthology, not focusing on Michael strictly. But that never panned out obviously.

I liked Halloween 4 more so because of nostalgia, but that Curse of Thorn storyline :mjlol:

He did. He wanted them to all be like Halloween 3 in the sense of just following different stories based around Halloween. But the box office receipts said otherwise

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I think it'll work for this tho for real. They need to restore some purity to the series in the sense of making Michael a shape again. And getting rid of the whole Laurie thing

I feel you on the idea of purity, what I'm saying though is that the *purest* thing to do would be to just disregard continuity entirely, and just make a Michael Myers killing teens movie without trying to include any of the past stuff, and without any real "origin". I mean hell..basically just the first movie again.

I guess we're saying pretty much the same thing.

I definitely fukks with him being "the shape"...which is why this death row thing feels off to me. I prefer him as a more supernatural figure.
Never forget :wow:

I feel like Busta damn near single-handedly killed that whole "Rappers getting major roles in movies" thing....:pachaha: :laff:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Just wondering if I'm the only one that kinda liked the thorn storyline, it was fukkery at its best

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Source

This will be a new version, one that fixes what Carpenter disliked about Rob Zombie's remake: "Michael Myers is not a character," Carpenter said at an event announcing the deal. "He's not a person. He's a force of nature. He's one part human and one part supernatural."

Jason Blum says that, like the original, this Halloween will be lower budget in the Blumhouse mold. He said that if you get to $15 million you start losing creative battles for budget battles, that you have to explain everything.

Blum figures they will hire a director with some experience but the deal is so new no one knows who that could be. The goal is to have the film out at Halloween 2017.

The general plan sounds promising. Carpenter laid it out:

"Be true to the original spirit of the movie. Don't get carried away. Tell a simple story. Tell a scary story."

Last edited: