Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So this is in an alternate timeline from the 1st universe? Completely independent from Rob's universe. It's not cool to kill continuity, just retcon shyt, and they'll be fine.

Filmakers need to explain shyt like this. The latest Texas Massacre was from the 70s universe, not the Jessica Biel one. It's funny when they reboot, then continue the original timeline after a reboot. Weird shyt. I'm waiting for the 1st movie to merge original and remake timelines head to head. That's got to happen sooner or later. e.g. Bale Batman finds a portal to transport him to alternate Gotham, where he runs into old Bruce Wayne, played by Michael Keaton.
fukk the reboot, Fred was never meant to be a molester. That added angle ruined everything, you're supposed to root for him to kill cocky teens. A molester character makes a movie unwatchable, it's too serious a subject for a lighthearted film.

Lol no they don't breh. Just go with it. It's a horror movie. Continuity ain't everything especially for a franchise that has been utter doo doo for a decade. Just go with the ride. Maybe they'll connect it maybe they won't. But I'd argue that continuity played a part in ruining Michael Myers and John carpenter would agree

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Lol no they don't breh. Just go with it. It's a horror movie. Continuity ain't everything especially for a franchise that has been utter doo doo for a decade. Just go with the ride. Maybe they'll connect it maybe they won't. But I'd argue that continuity played a part in ruining Michael Myers and John carpenter would agree
lol, some of us care about canon and continuity, breh. So if they can't connect it, then fukk em :manny: This ain't a Sat morning cartoon. They need to explain shyt at least in the novelization.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
So this is in an alternate timeline from the 1st universe? Completely independent from Rob's universe. It's not cool to kill continuity, just retcon shyt, and they'll be fine.

Filmakers need to explain shyt like this. The latest Texas Massacre was from the 70s universe, not the Jessica Biel one. It's funny when they reboot, then continue the original timeline after a reboot. Weird shyt. I'm waiting for the 1st movie to merge original and remake timelines head to head. That's got to happen sooner or later. e.g. Bale Batman finds a portal to transport him to alternate Gotham, where he runs into old Bruce Wayne, played by Michael Keaton.
fukk the reboot, Fred was never meant to be a molester. That added angle ruined everything, you're supposed to root for him to kill cocky teens. A molester character makes a movie unwatchable, it's too serious a subject for a lighthearted film.
The Jennifer Biel TCM was a remake of the OG TCM and it took place in 73. The latest one just sucked but it was supposed to be a direct sequel to the OG.

Nightmare reboot sucked too but it's still more interesting than Michael myers at this point.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On the plus side they are ignoring those bullshyt ass Rob Zombie movies but on the negative side the premise for this movie does not fill me with eagerness to see it on film.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol, some of us care about canon and continuity, breh. So if they can't connect it, then fukk em :manny: This ain't a Sat morning cartoon. They need to explain shyt at least in the novelization.

I mean I care in certain instances but not horror movies. I think it bogs down the monsters to be real. Especially Myers. You giving him a backstory and a family and a mission to hunt down laurie and anyone associated with her takes away from what he was supposed to be: a shape. That's it. He's the boogeyman. He doesn't have anything else but that, he's evil and his mission is to kill and hunt and kill some more. Plus the last good or decent movie in the series was H20 and they squandered that with resurrection so I don't see the big deal at this point. The series was bogged down in continuity which is why they rebooted in the first place. It's perfectly fine to do a standalone right now and leave it at that.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
its funny
when these hacks decide to go out and get creative the shyts actually come out decent
all these weak ass remakes of old tired ass shyt

but i liked both them Collector shyts so...:yeshrug:
The first collector was really dope IMO, second was still Aight...

I liked robs first film, cause it was bloody and violent as hell (even tho that really goes against everything Halloween 1 was really about) this sounds interesting, so I'm looking forward to it. I gotta cop the blu ray set if they go on sale again.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
First Collector is a Top 10 horror movie all time.

Sequel was mediocre as hell :scusthov:
yo the 1st one had me like :gladbron:
especially the end
shyt was raw as fukk
i was rootin for Arkin the whole movie
second one was dope imo
that club scene :huhldup:

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
I mean I care in certain instances but not horror movies. I think it bogs down the monsters to be real. Especially Myers. You giving him a backstory and a family and a mission to hunt down laurie and anyone associated with her takes away from what he was supposed to be: a shape. That's it. He's the boogeyman. He doesn't have anything else but that, he's evil and his mission is to kill and hunt and kill some more. Plus the last good or decent movie in the series was H20 and they squandered that with resurrection so I don't see the big deal at this point. The series was bogged down in continuity which is why they rebooted in the first place. It's perfectly fine to do a standalone right now and leave it at that.
Aigh, but since this standalone has no connection to the previous 2 timelines, this is basically another reboot, a 3rd Halloween universe. Too many for my taste :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Aigh, but since this standalone has no connection to the previous 2 timelines, this is basically another reboot, a 3rd Halloween universe. Too many for my taste :francis:

What's the difference between this and a standalone comic book? It could simply be standalone in the sense that its after events that they won't reference because there's no need to. Laurie is dead, meaning there's no more connective tissue to the series anymore. They did it with H20 when they decided to wipe out halloween 4-6 and act as if H20 was the third movie in the series