Official Black Widow Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the interested of putting this to bed....if I were to grant you that Wanda's magical creations are to be considered real sentient beings and that, in the midst of battle, Heyward should have ignored that they were using their superpowers to protect an evil slave master because they took the physical form of children....if I grant you all that, then at best you would agree that Nat & Yelena are equal to Heyward with regard to their villainy.
Yes?
No, they weren't the same and that comes down to motive. His motive was to get Vision for himself and to cover up his crimes. Their motive was solely to save people. He had been working on reviving Vision since before Wanda started and he was tracking the Vision in the Hex the whole time. Stopping Wanda was secondary to him and only necessary due to her being an obstacle to his goals.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
No, they weren't the same and that comes down to motive. His motive was to get Vision for himself and to cover up his crimes. Their motive was solely to save people. He had been working on reviving Vision since before Wanda started and he was tracking the Vision in the Hex the whole time. Stopping Wanda was secondary to him and only necessary due to her being an obstacle to his goals.
What was his motivation for reviving Vision?

Maybe to combat evil magical forces that could, I don’t know, enslave and torture an entire town on a whim? It seems that that’s precisely his job.

And how could the accords apply to him when their purpose wasn’t to outlaw superhero’s but to make them accountable to the government? He’s the director of a government agency. I know they gave the FBI dude a throwaway line about the accords…but that doesn’t mean it makes sense. It specifically doesn’t make sense.

I know you’ll comeback with more twisted logic. You’re not a serious person. It’s almost as if you’re under contract to never say anything bad about the mcu. You cant even acknowledge that Nat and Yelena assaulting a maximum security prison with a helicopter and fukking rocket launcher, and murdering hundreds of innocent people is bad. Wouldn’t these master spy heroes try something a little more stealthy to prevent collateral damage? Yours, like theirs, is a seriously disturbed perspective, if it’s actually a genuine one.

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
By this logic Thanos was a hero to you in Infinity War, im guessing?

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
“We don’t trade lives Captain.”

Oh, yes we do. We’ll murder hundreds on the unconfirmed hope of useful information, make a joke about it, and never mention it again.
:dead:

The state of phase 4 MCU writing. :mjlol:

I wonder what Nat is thinking when Steve first says “we don’t trade lives”. She sitting there like :patrice:

Last edited:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Sarah Connor from Terminator 2 is the type of vibe I was getting from Yelena. I've been trying to figure out who she reminded me of

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was his motivation for reviving Vision?

Maybe to combat evil magical forces that could, I don’t know, enslave and torture an entire town on a whim? It seems that that’s precisely his job.

And how could the accords apply to him when their purpose wasn’t to outlaw superhero’s but to make them accountable to the government? He’s the director of a government agency. I know they gave the FBI dude a throwaway line about the accords…but that doesn’t mean it makes sense. It specifically doesn’t make sense.

I know you’ll comeback with more twisted logic. You’re not a serious person. It’s almost as if you’re under contract to never say anything bad about the mcu. You cant even acknowledge that Nat and Yelena assaulting a maximum security prison with a helicopter and fukking rocket launcher, and murdering hundreds of innocent people is bad. Wouldn’t these master spy heroes try something a little more stealthy to prevent collateral damage? Yours, like theirs, is a seriously disturbed perspective, if it’s actually a genuine one.

You keep acting as though the avalanche was plan A. It wasn't planned at all. Their plan was to take control of the security of the building and guide him out quietly. Once the execution of that plan started to fall apart they engaged their opposition in order to make sure he made it out. The avalanche was the result of the terrain being what it was but the other option at that point was abandon the mission and allow the continued child trafficking, mind control and assassinations to continue. I find you glossing over their goal in all of this to paint them as villans weak.

The Socovia Accords were created as a result of the destruction of Socovia. The accords were a document that was hundreds of pages agreed to by hundreds of countries that probably covered multiple issues. One of those issues, as stated in the show, was the countries agreeing not to create artificial intelligence in order to avoid another Ultron. You remember Ultron, the A.I. created with the intention of protecting the world that tried to end the world and destroyed Socovia. It would make sense that preventing another A.I. would be part of the accords. Also of course they apply to Hayward. A treaty like that would apply to the governments of the countries that ratified them and the agents of that government. What the hell are you talking about?

By this logic Thanos was a hero to you in Infinity War, im guessing?
Thanos believed he was a hero but obviously wasn't. According to What If he was a guy with good intentions and a horrifying plan. He had just never heard a better one. Generally when you hear a genocidal plan you either dismiss it or fight the guy with that plan. T'challa talked to him in that universe and convinced him of a better way to keep life going and he became a hero in that scenario. In the main universe he was a monster though.

“We don’t trade lives Captain.”

Oh, yes we do. We’ll murder hundreds on the unconfirmed hope of useful information, make a joke about it, and never mention it again.
:dead:

The state of phase 4 MCU writing. :mjlol:

I wonder what Nat is thinking when Steve first says “we don’t trade lives”. She sitting there like :patrice:

You clearly didn't understand that line as it was in relation to allowing team members to sacrifice themselves without a fight in order to stop the enemy's plan. It was not about a no killing rule. Also Nat died disregarding those words by sacrificing herself to get the soul stone. As nice as that sounds Cap was wrong, that's why they lost in Infinity Was and won in Endgame when 2 members of the team sacrificed themselves.