Official Black Widow Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
As the resident #marvelset I did a deep dive into this.

It’s not just about this movie. Her main gripe is that it was even released at all. She never wanted it to come out because of the pandemic. She’s saying they didn’t get her permission.

The main beef is with the Disney + revenue. Basically, she wants a percentage of the streaming revenue because she feels Disney is using her likeness to promote and bring in subscriptions. This includes ALL content that she participated in.

So this is actually bigger than what most of you think. If she wins this case it’s going to have a ripple effect in the streaming industry as a whole. The reason why Netflix makes so much money on their original content is because they only have to pay one time up front to everyone involved because there are no ticket sales to count.

Johansson is basically trying to say that she’s brought in subscribers which is going to be hard to quantify. Basically if she wins, the cast of the Mandalorian, Wandavison and Loki could sue and would win. They could easily give her a share of the premiere access revenue, but what she wants would force Disney to share data, nobody else, including Netflix shares.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
saw this yesterday and i damn near walked out the movie during the first third :mjlol: if it wasn't for the first taskmaster fight i probably would've too. the swing and miss at trying to take the bourne template and pour marvel sauce over it was just not hitting for me...

if it wasn't for weisz and red guardian, this movie would've have been struggle as fukk too. and honestly i kinda wish they'd have given weisz the widow keys instead of pugh.

scorsese pimp is not lost on me btw :russ: petty as hell. i respect it

"i control the most valuable commodity on the planet! little girls" or something close to that was just.... wow lmao.

i also didn't think i'd be as offput by how they did taskmaster overall. there's been a female taskmaster in the past so that's no big deal, but we're hitting black widow's guilt complex again?? discount captain america moves and oh wow a bow just like that guy and claws like that other guy!, if you're going to take a mimic/swap character like that - the most important thing is to highlight unorthodox uses of those skillsets and make the transitions seamless. outside of the first fight, they never tried again.

it was aite :manny: thought i'd miss theaters more. i don't :manny:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
No reason for it. They've had some of the best cgi i've seen (pretty much all of infinity war and GOTG) but also some of the worst.. Age of Ultron opening scene... Black Widow car chase and Black Panther final battle..

breh like I don't get it, how are we having such sh1tty CGI in modern times
:why::why::why:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
im a casual...first half was good then goes downhill

I haven't gone through this thread but im sure breh fetching stuff for the white woman was brought up? :lolbron::pachaha:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh like I don't get it, how are we having such sh1tty CGI in modern times
:why::why::why:
Shyt don't go how y'all probably imagine it does

Cgi work is rarely done in house. For the most part it's contract work by 3rd party studios

The issue comes in at these studios not being paid well so they shut down/disband all the time. Another studio gets created and people rotate in/out/around until that studio also can't afford to stay open. And the process continues

This is the reason cgi has always been so inconsistent despite advancements in technology

A similar process happens in gaming, where a development team will do their job and then be disbanded after they reach a particular point in the games life

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Yelena stole the show for me lol. I think this one had the darkest tone of the franchise. Child abduction, human trafficking, sex trafficking, child soldiers is some heavy shyt. Natasha was the heart of the avengers. They should have put this movie out after Civil War