Official Black Widow Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of whthere you believe he is another clone or not the argument is still the same. I'm bolding on purpose to make your ignoring that point more egregious.
Why would you think making taskmaster a mute would work better than it did when they made deadpool a mute?
You keep asking that bolded question that has nothing to do with the point that I'm making.

I have never said it was a good idea. My points have always been:
1. Taskmaster is not as popular as you claim.
2. There is no evidence that he is a clone of deathstroke and deadpool or vice versa.
3. I can understand people being upset by the changes to the character.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There was a storyline reason. She was almost killed as a child and needed tech to be alive. And she wasn't a mute, she talked at the end. lol
Deadpool talked in wolverine origins too, he wasn't mute the entire movie. Regardless, The effect was the same. The reaction to it was as well. Yet the writer is blaming fans instead of their writing choices.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You keep asking that bolded question that has nothing to do with the point that I'm making.

I have never said it was a good idea. My points have always been:
1. Taskmaster is not as popular as you claim.
2. There is no evidence that he is a clone of deathstroke and deadpool or vice versa.
3. I can understand people being upset by the changes to the character.
I don't care about the point you're making, you quoted me first. If you don't believe he's a another clone fine.
Why would you think making taskmaster a mute would work better than it did when they made deadpool a mute?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Deadpool talked in wolverine origins too, he wasn't mute the entire movie. Regardless, The effect was the same. The reaction to it was as well. Yet the writer is blaming fans instead of their writing choices.
If they tacked on a kick ass fight season between Natasha and Black Widow at the end I bet the conplaints would be less. I didn't like this version of Taskmaster being under used action wise. Her not talking didn't bother me.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If they tacked on a kick ass fight season between Natasha and Black Widow at the end I bet the conplaints would be less. I didn't like this version of Taskmaster being under used action wise. Her not talking didn't bother me.
I agree with that, Bucky was low key done in a similiar way in Captain America winter soldier. His action scenes were alot more rewarding. although him being a returning character that already was developed in a previous film The first avenger helped mitigate him acting like a cyborg the whole movie.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care about the point you're making, you quoted me first. If you don't believe he's a another clone fine.
I quoted you because you said something inaccurate and I responded to what you said. Now you want to deflect to something else. To answer your question. It's better because it serves the story of the character being one of many brainwashed soldiers. Going forward the character will no longer be brainwashed and was able to talk once free. She will most likely talk more if she appears in the future, maybe as a freelance mercenary.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I quoted you because you said something I think is inaccurate and I responded to what you said. Now you want to deflect to something else. To answer your question. It's better because it serves the story of the character being one of many brainwashed soldiers. Going forward the character will no longer be brainwashed and was able to talk once frees. She will most likely talk more if she appears in the future, maybe as a freelance mercenary.
First : Fixed.
Second: you were actually deflecting because it took until now for you to address the point i was making in the initial post you quoted
Saying she will be a completely different character going forward is fine, but doesn't really fix the problems with this film, which is what we are talking about.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First : Fixed.
Second: you were actually deflecting because it took until now for you to address the point i was making in the initial post you quoted
Saying she will be a completely different character going forward is fine, but doesn't really fix the problems with this film, which is what we are talking about.
I was not deflecting. I was addressing the majority of your statement in that post. You started by claiming Taskmaster was always a fan favorite, then claiming he was a clone of 2 other characters and that he was the last one created of the 3, which is factually incorrect.

I don't care enough about the character to have been bothered by the portrayal being mute. I addressed what bothered me about your post, factually incorrect information. I don't care about your opinion.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I was not deflecting. I was addressing the majority of your statement in that post. You started by claiming Taskmaster was always a fan favorite, then claiming he was a clone of 2 other characters and that he was the last one created of the 3, which is factually incorrect.

I don't care enough about the character to have been bothered by the portrayal being mute. I addressed what bothered me about your post, factually incorrect information. I don't care about your opinion.
If you don't care about my opinion why do you continue to quote me? :mjlol:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't care about my opinion why do you continue to quote me? :mjlol:
To continue to repeat the fact that you made something up out of thin air and repeated it as fact and won't acknowledge being factually wrong. Facts matter.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
To continue to repeat the fact that you made something up out of thin air and repeated it as fact and won't acknowledge being factually wrong. Facts matter.
I acknowleged that i didn't care when each character was introduced. it that bothers you so much whatever,
But it's clear they are clones of each other you have yet to prove me wrong and i can be bother to go searching for evidence for you. it that also bothers go prove me wrong.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I acknowleged that i didn't care when each character was introduced. it that bothers you so much whatever,
But it's clear they are clones of each other you have yet to prove me wrong and i can be bother to go searching for evidence for you. it that also bothers go prove me wrong.

You say it's clear that Taskmaster is a clone of the other 2 based on nothing and want me to prove a negative. That is not acknowledging facts. The only evidence you provided had nothing to do with Taskmaster and you haven't even stated ways in which the character is similar to the other 2.

You pulled a statement out of your ass to support your opinion and stated it as fact. Now you want me to prove you wrong since you can't back up your claim. Pathetic.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You say it's clear that Taskmaster is a clone of the other 2 based on nothing and want me to prove a negative. That is not acknowledging facts. The only evidence you provided had nothing to do with Taskmaster and you haven't even stated ways in which the character is similar to the other 2.

You pulled a statement out of your ass to support your opinion and stated it as fact. Now you want me to prove you wrong since you can't back up your claim. Pathetic.
I actually did, you elected to ignore it. Plus you listed additional ways was similiar :heh:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually did, you elected to ignore it. Plus you listed additional ways was similiar :heh:
So you edited a post that I quoted to add that deathstroke and taskmaster have the same job. I said that they were all mercenaries so they have the same job. That doesn't make them clones of each other.

What do they have in common beyond job title? If you say trash talk then by that standard they are all clones of Spider-Man.