Official Black Widow Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Taskmaster is definitely popular and I don't think you would call the outrage over the top if it wasn't about Marvel. Or you don't want to be lumped into the "you hate women" crowd which makes nikkas shut the fukk up real fast:mjlol:

They pulled some 90s/early 2000s bullshyt with that character. Some shyt you would expect from WB or Sony and they're supposed to be above that at this point.

In that context it becomes bigger than just Taskmaster because Marvel has precedents for this and every time nikkas are just as confused as they are angry

Just like Deadpool in Wolverine Origins them nikkas just did whatever the fukk they wanted and nikkas were like wtf is THIS:scust:

I don't get nikkas being shamed for being extremely upset at the same shyt other nikkas get extremely excited for. They both exist in the same energy
Prior to him being in The MCU I don't remember people clamoring for his movie version. :yeshrug:
And I collected comics for like a decade and na he was a 1 issue villain who never got multiple issue arcs. He's light, if he has some huge fanbase they were quiet until this movie.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Prior to him being in The MCU I don't remember people clamoring for his movie version. :yeshrug:
And I collected comics for like a decade and na he was a 1 issue villain who never got multiple issue arcs. He's light, if he has some huge fanbase they were quiet until this movie.
Task master was always a fan favorite villian in the comics and cartoons. Similiar to Deathstroke in DC. and Deadpool. all three were clones of each other initially back in the day. Deathstroke came first then marvel copied him with deadpool although he eventually evolved into something different, then they introduced taskmaster who largely stayed a clone. I having a hard believing people don't understand the outrage when literally the same exact thing happened with deadpool and Wolverine Origins.
Writer is either stupid or being defensive. He literally made the same mistake too, turned a popular character into an emotionless mute :mjlol:
that was never going to work. Even terminator drops the occasional one liner

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't say Taskmaster is unpopular on one hand then say that outrage over his portrayal is excessive

He's clearly popular enough for nikkas to be familiar with what makes him who he is

A good amount of MCU characters ain't exactly comic accurate but they're faithful enough that it works. Cases like Taskmaster are so far removed from faithfulness it comes off as insulting

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Task master was always a fan favorite villian in the comics and cartoons. Similiar to Deathstroke in DC. and Deadpool. all three were clones of each other initially back in the day. Deathstroke came first then marvel copied him with deadpool although he eventually evolved into something different, then they introduced taskmaster who largely stayed a clone. I having a hard believing people don't understand the outrage when literally the same exact thing happened with deadpool and Wolverine Origins.
Writer is either stupid or being defensive. He literally made the same mistake too, turned a popular character into an emotionless mute :mjlol:
Taskmaster predates Deadpool I have this comic and Deadpool wasn't a thing yet (only collected Marvel can't speak on Deathstroke).

766c5457707f2e744463a883df47f6f7-800.jpg

It's one issue story arc of 0 consequence.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You can't say Taskmaster is unpopular on one hand then say that outrage over his portrayal is excessive

He's clearly popular enough for nikkas to be familiar with what makes him who he is

A good amount of MCU characters ain't exactly comic accurate but they're faithful enough that it works. Cases like Taskmaster are so far removed from faithfulness it comes off as insulting
I think just the sex change is fueling a lot of the faux outrage. How dare they make a male character a woman! A lot of that going on on the internet nowadays if you haven't noticed.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How are you a big fan of the character and call him a clone of 2 characters he debuted before. His first appearance was in May 1980 and Deathstroke's first appearance was December 1980.

You can be upset about the way the character was portrayed but he never had this huge fan base.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think just the sex change is fueling a lot of the faux outrage. How dare they make a male character a woman! A lot of that going on on the internet nowadays if you haven't noticed.
I already stated why that's bullshyt and how that's the go to reason for anything involving a woman that's happens to be bad.

I can account for woman hate but can you account for something just being terrible in the name of pandering to women?

And like I stated earlier having a mute Taskmaster is about as egregious as it gets

It's EXACTLY like muting Deadpool

These characters are made on the shyt that comes out of their mouth not just their abilities

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I already stated why that's bullshyt and how that's the go to reason for anything involving a woman that's happens to be bad.

I can account for woman hate but can you account for something just being terrible in the name of pandering to women?
Yes.
Yeah, I agree with his take. While they probably shouldn't have used Taskmaster in this spot the outrage over it is over the top. He isn't popular enough to get this amount of outrage. But what whatever most people don't like their expectations subverted.
If you have to alter a character that much to fit your story use someone else. I believe there's a Widow who doesn't speak and is an adversary in the comics to Natasha. They should have qent that route. But still the outrage is a lot for such a mid to low tier villain.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How are you a big fan of the character and call him a clone of 2 characters he debuted before. His first appearance was in May 1980 and Deathstroke's first appearance was December 1980.

You can be upset about the way the character was portrayed but he never had this huge fan base.
Like i said, whatever the order of the debuts, they were all clones of each other. Doesn't matter to me who came first. My point is they have been extremely popular for years and to dismiss that while you make the same mistake fox made with the first deadpool appearance is silly. It would be like making yet another Phoenix movie and following the same format as the previous two. it's dumb. It already didn't work once, and the outrage was the exact same. why would you expect different?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like i said, whatever the order of the debuts, they were all clones of each other. Doesn't matter to me who came first. My point is they have been extremely popular for years and to dismiss that while you make the same mistake fox made with the first deadpool appearance is silly. It would be like making yet another Phoenix movie and following the same format as the previous two. it's dumb

The only thing that Taskmaster has in common with the other 2 is being a mercenary. His power set, weapons and costume are completely different. In what way is he similar to them?

He doesn't have the same fan base as them either. Deathstroke got really popular after the Teen Titans cartoon in the 2000s, Deadpool got popular off of comic appearances. Taskmaster never matched that popularity, he had some cameo appearances in some of the recent Avengers and Spider-Man cartoons but he was never that dude. Most on this board agree that cartoons he appeared in were garbage, I liked those shows but most here didn't.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The only thing that Taskmaster has in common with the other 2 is being a mercenary. His power set, weapons and costume are completely different. In what way is he similar to them?
Because i've read over the years several artists or writer admit they were inspired by each other when creating the characters.
Read this article if you want to go into more detail o
Deadpool Mocks His Own Origin As A Deathstroke Rip-Off
Taskmaster and Deathstroke both literally have the same job in the comics, training super villains how to fight for money.
but like i said. Making him mute and thinking that would go over any better than it did with deadpool was laughable

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because i've read over the years several artists or writer admit they were inspired by each other when creating the characters.
Read this article if you want to go into more detail o
Deadpool Mocks His Own Origin As A Deathstroke Rip-Off
but like i said. Making him mute and thinking that would go over any better than it did with deadpool was laughable

That article is only about deathstroke and deadpool. It is well known that deadpool is a parody of deathstroke. You are claiming Taskmaster was in that mix of cloning and haven't provided proof. He debuted a few months before deathstroke so I doubt DC would rip off such a new character so quickly.

I stated from the start that I can understand being upset by the changes. Although this was the first appearance of a mind controlled version of the character who was still alive at the end. If the character appears again I doubt the personality will be the same.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That article is only about deathstroke and deadpool. It is well known that deadpool is a parody of deathstroke. You are claiming Taskmaster was in that mix of cloning and haven't provided proof. He debuted a few months before deathstroke so I doubt DC would rip off such a new character so quickly.

I stated from the start that I can understand being upset by the changes. Although this was the first appearance of a mind controlled version of the character who was still alive at the end. If the character appears again I doubt the personality will be the same.
Regardless of whthere you believe he is another clone or not the argument is still the same. I'm bolding on purpose to make your ignoring that point more egregious.
Why would you think making taskmaster a mute would work better than it did when they made deadpool a mute?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Regardless of whthere you believe he is another clone or not the argument is still the same. I'm bolding on purpose to make your ignoring that point more egregious.
Why would you think making taskmaster a mute would work better than it did when they made deadpool a mute?
There was a storyline reason. She was almost killed as a child and needed tech to be alive. And she wasn't a mute, she talked at the end. lol