Official Black Widow Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:what: Did we watch the same movie?

The entire Red Room/mind control premise was an allegory for #MeToo. Little girls being indoctrinated and conditioned to give up control and be used by powerful men who make shadow power moves. The only way they could break free was because one woman finally broke free and confronted the system to start the reprogramming movement. It felt blatant to me. But I also loved those type of messages. I also think anyone who think Wonder Woman shouldn't be feminist doesn't understand the character. She was always meant to be that.
I think it was earned so it felt organic. And the main bad guy's statement about turning what most people throw away into a commodity resonated. Many cultures even American culture make having a girl child, 'less than'. It worked better than what Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman 1984 tried to do in that vein.

Daps

The entire Red Room/mind control premise was an allegory for #MeToo. Little girls being indoctrinated and conditioned to give up control and be used by powerful men who make shadow power moves. The only way they could break free was because one woman finally broke free and confronted the system to start the reprogramming movement. It felt blatant to me. But I also loved those type of messages. I also think anyone who think Wonder Woman shouldn't be feminist doesn't understand the character. She was always meant to be that.

If thats the case, then Winter Soldiers character deals with the same issues (indoctrinated, conditioned to be a slave to shadowy men).

This wasn't as on the nose as yall want to make it seem. This was a great movie

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If thats the case, then Winter Soldiers character deals with the same issues (indoctrinated, conditioned to be a slave to shadowy men).

It being on the nose doesn't make it a bad movie

Like an earlier poster said it was earned

The main problem with agenda driven movies is that they forget to make a movie first and try to sell you a sequence of propaganda shorts. That's the problem with shyt like The Force Awakens or WW1984

It's a good movie but don't get it fukked up it's messages were very clear and blatant

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If they just extended Natasha vs all the widows 3-5 more minutes and really had a kick ass fight scene between her and Taskmaster after they fell and let out the parachute that would raise this movie half if not a full point up out of 10 for me.
Natasha was all like, "Let's go." :demonic:
And the shyt ended like 15 seconds later. :beli:
The action before then was dope the best element of the movie. But the final act they cheated us. :martin:

Daps
It being on the nose doesn't make it a bad movie

Like an earlier poster said it was earned

The main problem with agenda driven movies is that they forget to make a movie first and try to sell you a sequence of propaganda shorts. That's the problem with shyt like The Force Awakens or WW1984

It's a good movie but don't get it fukked up it's messages were very clear and blatant

:russell:

I disagree. There was no forced agenda pushing in this other than that the main character is a woman and in the comics, her backstory was that she was trained in a cohort of all female assassins. That's been the story for decades.

Now if you gotta problem with the story, you take it up with Stan Lee.

Need me to help you get a face to face with him? :birdman:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I disagree. There was no forced agenda pushing in this other than that the main character is a woman and in the comics, her backstory was that she was trained in a cohort of all female assassins. That's been the story for decades.

Nikkas do NOT read on this site I swear:mjlol:

I said i liked the movie

I said its a g o o d movie

I said the movie was good

The film in question was a work of art that i considered good

I think Black Widow was a good movie

The fact that i said it was earned means I don't think it was forced breh

Having agendas in a movie is not the problem, its when the agenda takes priority over telling a good story

Daps
Nikkas do NOT read on this site I swear:mjlol:

I said i liked the movie

I said its a g o o d movie

I said the movie was good

The film in question was a work of art that i considered good

I think Black Widow was a good movie

The fact that i said it was earned means I don't think it was forced breh

Having agendas in a movie is not the problem, its when the agenda takes priority over telling a good story

I never said anything about you saying it wasn't a good movie.

All I said is that where you see an agenda, I see the established backstory for a character that's been in existence at least 40 or more years.

Then I said if you got a problem with the backstory, take it up with Stan Lee.

Then I said I can help you get a one on one with him if you like :demonic:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they just extended Natasha vs all the widows 3-5 more minutes and really had a kick ass fight scene between her and Taskmaster after they fell and let out the parachute that would raise this movie half if not a full point up out of 10 for me.
The action before then was dope the best element of the movie. But the final act they cheated us. :martin:
I'm fine with the first Taskmaster fight but Task vs Guardian was a waste

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think it was earned so it felt organic. And the main bad guy's statement about turning what most people throw away into a commodity resonated. Many cultures even American culture make having a girl child, 'less than'. It worked better than what Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman 1984 tried to do in that vein.

I really enjoyed Captain Marvel. I honestly think if people liked the actress more, it wouldn't have had so much backlash.

I think it's funny you're trying to argue that having an agenda somehow translates into a bad story or movie. I mean Stan Lee has a history of making social justice commentary throughout his entire career. He and Kirby used superheroes to do that. They would be the first to tell you having an "agenda" doesn't negate a good story. Like the poster above said, it's when the storytelling is sacrificed for the agenda. I also think it's funny when black folks talk about agendas in movies like white people aren't saying the same thing about movies that feature or cast us. I feel like there's a white male agenda. How's that? We've been consuming white male agenda for years to the point where we don't even know it's agenda. You throw a few movies about other people in there and all of a sudden people are screaming about being "forced fed agenda", but whether they are ugly, fat, old, out of shape, alcoholic, mentally unstable, white men are never questioned as the lead character. Talk about agenda.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Agreed.

The movie was missing that one dope ass ending climax battle. Give us that and the movie goes from a 7 to an 8, maybe a 9.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

ummmm yea bro…… I ain’t get that from that scene breh:russ:

You on your own with that one :mjlol:

Sidenote…….

Marvel I know you didn’t:lolbron:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
(9) Black Widow Pitch Meeting - YouTube
This dude always nails it :russ:

After sitting on it a few days I think the biggest problem this movie had was that it tried to tell too many stories, and wasn't able to tell any of them in a substantial way. I like each sub-plot, but they all could have gotten their own movie.

As for the feminism debate...sure it was there, but it was there in a way that made sense to the character and the story whereas the D+ shows, in my opinion, have done damage to their characters and plots to push politics in a hacky way.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah it isn't on the nose at all, you'd have to strip the story down of all context to just the genders of two characters. Stripping the whole of the history of BW's character and the in universe context of the Winter Soldier mind control being in BW. The mother being a perfector of the technology for Drakeof. The Red Dyanmo being used up and thrown away by the same parties. Or the "Brainwashed Soldier" trope in general.

Metoo tho? :mjlol: I consider it a credit to the writing for people to be able to find their own inspirational allegory in it without the movie itself beating a drum.

Last edited: