Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i like easter eggs and long running plot threads as much as anyone, but i'm not gonna sit here and act like i give a fukk about the origin story of a vest. pretend like i even noticed her wardrobe in IW. "Ohhhh shyt, that's the vest she wore when... she said "gross" in Infinity War or something!!! Feige, you master!!!"

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't no woman empowerment in this and if it was, it was so well done that I didn't even notice it.

Contrast this with Captain Marvel which was basically a feminists wet dream. That movie was so horrible I almost couldn't watch it.

What folks be failing to see is that most of us don't have any issues with strong women.

What we have an issue with is movies built to push feminists agenda such as "men are evil" and "women can do no wrong".

That's what Captain Marvel and WW1984 were: basically trailers for feminist nonsense.

However the first WW and Black Widow were done masterfully by portraying women as strong but not trying to push feminist agenda nonsense and trying to make men appear evil for being attracted to women.
It was just a good fukking movie that didnt try to grandstand on the fact that most of it's leads were women.

And what do you know..... The message wasn't diluted with cornyness, nobody is complaining about themes or leads and the movie is well received.

It's almost like the moist cacs in The Film Room crying about misogyny just full of shyt the entire time. :ohhh: It's almost like WW1984 and Captain Marvel were just shyt movies instead of whatever excuses the estrogen filled minds of those fakkits could conjure.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Factions. There are good/bad humans, same goes for Skrulls.:manny:
Also...a little outdated, some wild speculation included, but still :ehh:

Secret Invasion story has me very curious. The streaming show comes out next year. So either they have been setting it up this entire time and we got Skrulls in disguise right now and in upcoming movies/Disney + shows or they will set it up on that show and tell us how Skrulls infiltrate the planet.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
i like easter eggs and long running plot threads as much as anyone, but i'm not gonna sit here and act like i give a fukk about the origin story of a vest. pretend like i even noticed her wardrobe in IW. "Ohhhh shyt, that's the vest she wore when... she said "gross" in Infinity War or something!!! Feige, you master!!!"
But it was nice that she wore that vest when The Avengers dropped the ball and lost....what a tribute!

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Wasn't no woman empowerment in this and if it was, it was so well done that I didn't even notice it.

Contrast this with Captain Marvel which was basically a feminists wet dream. That movie was so horrible I almost couldn't watch it.

What folks be failing to see is that most of us don't have any issues with strong women.

What we have an issue with is movies built to push feminists agenda such as "men are evil" and "women can do no wrong".

That's what Captain Marvel and WW1984 were: basically trailers for feminist nonsense.

However the first WW and Black Widow were done masterfully by portraying women as strong but not trying to push feminist agenda nonsense and trying to make men appear evil for being attracted to women.
I agree. I think BW made women look strong without pandering to the audience or making them feel silly.

I absolutely hated Wonder Woman for christ-like imagery.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not true. Black Widow does the same shyt. More subtly than the extremes, but its still there. And I mostly liked the movie

What you leave out in your point is making men look incompetent, which they glaringly did with Red Guardian. Making him a silly idiot is fine if he got to do something dope but he didn't.

He was played as a worse figure than the bytch that was ACTIVELY HELPING THE VILLIAN:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And one of the funniest jokes of the last few years is Wonder Woman being an empowering film for women:mjlol:

Diana was led around and treated like a child by Steve the entire movie and abandoned her people for dikk:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

The best movie to present strong woman ideology in recent years was Mad Max Fury Road

Furiousa is presented as strong yet vulnerable and is portrayed as just as dangerous as Max without having to cut his nuts off

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not true. Black Widow does the same shyt. More subtly than the extremes, but its still there

What you leave out in is making men look incompetent, which they glaringly did with Red Guardian. Making him a silly idiot is fine if he got to do something dope but he didn't.

He was played as a worse figure than the bytch that was ACTIVELY HELPING THE VILLIAN:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And one of the funniest jokes of the last few years is Wonder Woman being an empowering film for women:mjlol:

Diana was led around and treated like a child by Steve the entire movie and abandoned her people for dikk:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
The opening flashback/action scene they made Red Guardian look very competent actually.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's probably been said already but I don't mind the girl being a villain, but that wasn't Taskmaster

In a movie full of nikkas talking shyt how do you mute the character known as a shut talker?

Ironically Yelena's character was closer to Task master's personality than that Terminator shyt they went for

A waste

Tasks action scenes were great but the personality didn't align