Official Black Widow Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I still think they should have broke this in to two movies. One focusing a lot more on the early life, the trainings and evil shyt Black Widow had to do, then showing how she escaped it and made contact with the Avengers then the last scene being her completing the mission of blowing up the building. Then part 2 being the majority of what this movie was. If they went that route they also could've had Taskmaster having it put in her head that Natasha was the one that made her that way and been able to show her doing a lot more damage to highlight that character. Or hell could've had more of the sister hunting her down while still having her mind controlled as well and have Natasha be the one to spray her with the gas and free her.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Red guardian was hired muscle at best. He was obviously a lackey drinking the Soviet kool aid a little too hard. Plus he spent 25 years rotting in a cell, before that, he hadn’t been in the field for 3 years, wasting away in Ohio.

something tells me, Steve Rogers, he was not.

Last edited:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
It’s not spectacular but I was fully entertained. Yelena, Red Guardian all delivered. I knew Taskmaster was a female just off the movement’s but the twist was pretty good. I just wish it was technology based but the MCU has a knack of using tech to explain certain super natural powers from the comics. Who knows maybe we will get a true comic accurate taskmaster later on like they doing with the Mandarin. But yea a solid 7 outta 10 for me

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Wasn't no woman empowerment in this and if it was, it was so well done that I didn't even notice it.

Contrast this with Captain Marvel which was basically a feminists wet dream. That movie was so horrible I almost couldn't watch it.

What folks be failing to see is that most of us don't have any issues with strong women.

What we have an issue with is movies built to push feminists agenda such as "men are evil" and "women can do no wrong".

That's what Captain Marvel and WW1984 were: basically trailers for feminist nonsense.

However the first WW and Black Widow were done masterfully by portraying women as strong but not trying to push feminist agenda nonsense and trying to make men appear evil for being attracted to women.
:what: Did we watch the same movie?

The entire Red Room/mind control premise was an allegory for #MeToo. Little girls being indoctrinated and conditioned to give up control and be used by powerful men who make shadow power moves. The only way they could break free was because one woman finally broke free and confronted the system to start the reprogramming movement. It felt blatant to me. But I also loved those type of messages. I also think anyone who think Wonder Woman shouldn't be feminist doesn't understand the character. She was always meant to be that.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
No it wasn't:hhh:

Y'all ain't tired of the soft voice creepy girl cover song girl in movies yet???
i thought the Smells like Teen Spirit cover was comically horrendous. i keep seeing reviews highlight it. i was laughing. they're showing all this trauma with the young girls, and some other chick is singing "A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido." it was ridiculous no matter how you explain it