Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
random Facebook status I came across:

Viola Davis is incredible. I thought she was Danai Gurira (Michonne from The Walking Dead) the entire movie! She did an amazing job. The fact that she was so locked in that I thought she was the kick ass chick from The Walking Dead, says more about her skills than me not realizing if you ask me lol
I'm not sure what they're trying to imply.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
lol...he had to still find something. :mjlol: I see you Tariq...long as he admit it was good. :pachaha:

It's a legit critique though. You can appreciate a movie's greatness and still critique it. It's one of the problems I had with Luke Cage. The people who were against gentrification were cast as the villains. It limits the way the message of the antagonist is heard. But in this movie, I think the antagonist is so sympathetic and written so well that his message transcends those boundaries. Still worthy to note though.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you guys think of this guy's tweets? :jbhmm:

he's trying to compete in a 'whose the most woke' contest with those tweets...his stance is based on things that he thinks fits his perception of the movie, while ignoring the rest because they dont fit his narrative...and while i'd have no problem having the convo with him, it would ultimately be a waste of time because he wouldnt actually be willing to have the convo...he'd be ignoring everything someone said that went against what he says and/or he'd then keep changing the center of his topic...

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Thought the movie was good. Disagree with people that said its better than Civil War or Winter Soldier. I'd put it on the same level as GOTG.

Characters were good. Villain was great. Good writing (for the most part. Some of the jokes had me like :hhh:)

CGI could use some work but it wasn't bad enough to complain about.

agreed, for the sake of fairness, I would rank this movie against solo super hero flicks like Dr. Strange, Thor, Batman etc. Technically WInter Solider is a solo film but that shyt was really an Avengers movie. I rank Black Panther right behind the second Batman as the second best solo film to date.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hollyweird has NO MORE excuses. NO MORE excuses to block films like Danny Glover's Toussaint film. No more "is there a white hero." No more "blacks don't sell in sci-fi." No more "black films dont sell overseas."
All due respect if this wasn't a Marvel film there's no way the turnout would be what it was. If this was a DCEU film for example it would have probably flopped.

This was an unapologetically black movie and it was a great movie but at the same time Marvel has reached a point where they can sell just about any movie. Guardians of the Galaxy for example. They've churned out enough quality that if they put their name on a movie it'll probably do well.

The movie theater I went to was probably 85% white audience. I was thinking to myself as I walked in if this wasn't a Marvel movie most of these people wouldn't be here.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I think the people who are saying Killmonger was really a hero and a good guy have selective memory :russ:

He was an incredible villain, and he was right in terms of the big picture, but he was far too much of a sociopath and hateful person to be considered a hero. Guy had no problem bodying his own people and his dialogue and intentions were extremely wicked. He even admitted as much during the final fight that it was more about making a mockery of what wakanda represents than anything.

I know this is gonna go against most of my coli brehs but T'Challa's approach of using Wakanda to help black communities rather than forcefully taking over everything was the better move.

Code

Banned
Daps
All due respect if this wasn't a Marvel film there's no way the turnout would be what it was. If this was a DCEU film for example it would have probably flopped.

This was an unapologetically black movie and it was a great movie but at the same time Marvel has reached a point where they can sell just about any movie. Guardians of the Galaxy for example. They've churned out enough quality that if they put their name on a movie it'll probably do well.

The movie theater I went to was probably 85% white audience. I was thinking to myself as I walked in if this wasn't a Marvel movie most of these people wouldn't be here.

Facts. Marvels 10 year winning streak is what sold this movie, the blackness was just the cherry on top

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Facts. Marvels 10 year winning streak is what sold this movie, the blackness was just the cherry on top
I'll take a victory where it comes but I also wouldn't encourage people to lie to themselves and say this movie sold just off it's own strength of concept instead of it being a Marvel movie.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are we really surprised at cacs and problacks are getting the wrong message from the film tho?

Cacs think everything is an attack on them and problacks ignored that killmonger would kill any black person who disagreed :dead:
Which ties into.

Killmonger wasn't talking black empowerment. He basically wanted to take over the world and overthrow all governments. He was actually a villain here. The stuff he was saying wasn't all wrong but he was well past good intentions with his actions.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Even IF this was due to it being a Marvel movie it still debunks many Hollywood myths.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

bingo...as beautiful as it is to see a 99% black cast with a black director doing all this winning....the idea that Hollywood will automatically ride this wave maybe a bit misguided. There is a chance that a few more majority black films get greenlit (and maybe thats a win in itself) but a MAJOR reason for the success of the Black Panther is...its a comic book movie and them shyts are cash cows....you can make a hero movie about a retarded kid with powers...if Marvel is doing it...its gon make money