R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Saw it last nite and I give it 9/10. I still think Winter Soldier and Civil War were better but this is the best origin movie from Marvel surpassing Ironman by a slight margin.
The first 2/3 of the movie were perfect, the music, costumes and set design were amazing throughout and seeing Eric Killmonger's plan coming to fruition was beautiful. He did outshine T'Challa for me and is now the best MCU villain.
Out of all the women between, Shuri, Nakia and Akoye I was feeling Nakia the most. She was the right balance of warrior, intellect and ride or die chic. Shuri was actually too silly a couple of times but she did have the best jokes in the movie, and Akoye was almost too hardcore traditional warrior and not using her brain enough. It's like Nakia provided the perfect balance and she's the finest which doesn't hurt either. :banderas:
I didn't like the final act as much as the first 2 mainly:
- The final fight scene between T'Challa and Killmonger I did not like. It was sort of pedestrian/average. Nothing amazing happened, and if we keep it real Eric in both fights was giving T'Challa that work. T'Challa came with the knife flip kill move out of nowhere to win.
- And prior to the end the conflict between Wakandans and the rest of the diaspora was better balanced, they got on some heavy handed 'message!' shyt by time the movie was over. Not that it's terrible because it was a good message/theme but the first 2/3 of the movie they did a better job establishing it without it being so obvious.
- And it's true next movie Chadwick/BP needs to kick more ass and more definitively. Getting thrown off the waterfall was an "Oh shyt! Not T'Challa!" :lupe:moment for me. He needs to lay the smack down more.
If you know anything about the Black Panther mythos, they haven't even scratched the surface of how brilliant and technically great his strategies are. He's up there with Victor Von Doom, Magneto, Reed. He's no joke despite everyone marking out for Killmonger. The real Black Panther would of had a contingency plan for him possibly losing control of Wakanda just like Doom usually has for Latveria but it would of made for less drama of course.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you know anything about the Black Panther mythos, they haven't even scratched the surface of how brilliant and technically great his strategies are. He's up there with Victor Von Doom, Magneto, Reed. He's no joke despite everyone marking out for Killmonger. The real Black Panther would of had a contingency plan for him possibly losing control of Wakanda just like Doom usually has for Latveria but it would of made for less drama of course.

While they underplayed T'Challa a bit in his MCU incarnation in similar terms to how they lowered some of the more powerful peoples power level to both add for more tension/drama & "realism" during fights to make it seem like the hero could possibly lose and to probably save a bit on budgeting, T'Challa's smarts and strategies have been shown in some more incognito ways. Like, despite that they pushed a bit of his tech side over to Shuri to give her more purpose and differentiation from T'Challa, most probably missed that when Shuri was explaining about her upgrades to the suit, that T'Challa stated the previous suit was of his design. Also, unbeknown to both Ross and Okoye & Nakia, he bugged Ross on the sly and had them all fooled about him just being ok with him talking to Klaw on his own.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Saw it last night

shyt is easily the best super hero movie EVER

But I wasn't expecting Michael B Jordan to be the main vilian

I thought it was going to be the white dude

I'm conflicted
Cause Michael B Jordan had exactly the same motive I would have had

Wakanda really a country of selfish people

But hands down the movie is:wow:

Last super hero movies that even comes close are the 2nd Capt America and the last Batman

And neither one are as good as this:wow:

*Also Michonne so fukking sexy to me:wow:

I'm taking her over Lupita

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The one thing I also like about this movie, is all the black women hair, everything was natural cept as michonne said this redic thing on my hair. My niece is young and goes to an all white school and has on a few occasions said she hates her hair why isn't it long like her friends. So I cant wait to take her to be like look

Yo michonne looked so uncomfortable in that wig. shyt had me n my ppl dying....then she frisbeed that bytch into a colonizers face :wow:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Hollyweird has NO MORE excuses. NO MORE excuses to block films like Danny Glover's Toussaint film. No more "is there a white hero." No more "blacks don't sell in sci-fi." No more "black films dont sell overseas."
Hollywood has Proud Mary to point to. They also will have a Wrinkle in Time, which I notice is being sold as black. :yeshrug: And they had Birth of a Nation.

Hollywood knows nikkas buy tickets. See Get Out and the historic performance of Straight Out of Compton. Hollywood wants that sweet Chinese money, though.