☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm sorry, but Carlton wasn't out hunting someone who killed his father and slapping around Captain American. Is a stupid as shyt comparison. Especially after what he does at the end of the film. Remember even before Erik showed up he was considering doing something for people outside of Wakanda.
Dude, of course the stories are not 1-to-1.

Thats the point of a fukking metaphor you goddamn dumbass. Do I need to explain this?

Yes, will smith wasn't killing people for revenge.

Goddamn.

But the METAPHOR holds up. By the end of the series, Carlton understands the plight of the black diaspora and the entire Banks family is essentially a pan-africanist home.

And as a trade off, Will Smith learns not to be as callous and learns a more diplomatic way to get things done.

Its the SAME thing.

This is essentially the core of BLACKISH and to some extent, the Cosby show.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Have you even watched The Fresh Prince?

Carlton basically initially forgets the reality of the average black person and that he has an opportunity, if not a responsibility, to help others out and to service the community, even if he thinks' hes better than everyone else.
Carlton is a weak goofball who gets played and punked by bytches and saved by his sisters and cousin. How the fukk did u connect that with a Warrior Prince in Africa with a genius awareness of his surroundings?

Will Smith was a punk too..lying to hoes, depending on his rich uncle to bail him out, and crying like an idiot knowing his father returning was just a money grab.

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I low key hate the fact that this movie is making so much money when I think about how much of it isn’t going to the actors but to Disney/Marvel studio execs. MBJ turned in the best villain performance in the MCU by far and probably won’t make shyt off this movie compared to the box office revenue.

It kinda rubs me the wrong way.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Anxious to see how this does overseas, particularly China.

Also awaiting the inevitable social media meltdown when the movie doesn't get any Oscar noms. Aside from heath in dark knight has any comic book movie ever really deserved or won one? (Not counting special effects or sound, etc)

• Dap
Reactions: flo

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Saw it last night at Atlantic Station and Killmonger and M’Baku were my favorites :wow: just :wow:. Killmonger was probably my favorite villain since the boy Baine was smacking up Dark Knight and the Jabari mountain tribe was some straight G's :wow:.

They GOTTA resurrect my nikka Killmonger somehow. That nikka straight stole the show!

Daps
Carlton is a weak goofball who gets played and punked by bytches and saved by his sisters and cousin. How the fukk did u connect that with a Warrior Prince in Africa with a genius awareness of his surroundings?

Will Smith was a punk too..lying to hoes, depending on his rich uncle to bail him out, and crying like idiot knowing his father returning was just a money grab.

200.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I wouldn't say he's Carlton status but reading the comics that nikka has always been unsure of himself.
Wasn't unsure of himself when he dissolved that Storm marriage to protect Wakanda. When he marked Namor for death..when they had him punk the Silver Surfer.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
They killed the actual revolutionary just so they could have T'Challa adopt a more palatable version of Killmonger's platform :francis:
At the end of the day, this is the Marvel Universe. If Killmonger is semi successful, he would war with all Marvel characters v. one. This shyt ain't gonna work. That said, if Marvel was real, white supremacy would considered it war if Wakanda really created a center for Science, Math, outreach, and war training with Blacks who are under the white supremacists rule. But of course, this is a Disney movie. Basically, this is Huey P. Newton v. Khalid Muhammad to an idea degree. Huey started outreach programs and what not and spread it across the US. Of course, America considered that war. But like I said, Marvel movies aren't real. The white supremacists aren't really seen in their true light.

Daps
At the end of the day, this is the Marvel Universe. If Killmonger is semi successful, he would war with all Marvel characters v. one. This shyt ain't gonna work. That said, if Marvel was real, white supremacy would considered it war if Wakanda really created a center for Science, Math, outreach, and war training with Blacks who are under the white supremacists rule. But of course, this is a Disney movie. Basically, this is Huey P. Newton v. Khalid Muhammad to an idea degree. Huey started outreach programs and what not and spread it across the US. Of course, America considered that war. But like I said, Marvel movies aren't real. The white supremacists aren't really seen in their true light.

I don't necessarily agree with the above. There is almost zero doubt in my mind Magneto and his crew would attempt to join Killmonger, and I could see Killmonger allowing them to join and then plotting to kill them later. Everyone was a means to an end for him