CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
nah i actually think he knew what he was doing and was very calculated up until getting the crown. afterwards he was talmbout burning it all down, and while i respect his G in putting everyone to work immediately it did not seem like he had any contingency plans about what happens when every nation + avengers turn their firepower to Wakanda and any brehs that take up arms for the cause. just seemed reckless to me since most of his people are not MIT graduates CIA trained cold blooded killas. he even burned all the purple herb so he cant even arm himself with a guard of panther goons or anything.

if he had a plan the movie did not flesh it out, which may be understandable since they had to pack a lot into the movie. i fux with killmonger heavy and wish they had more time dedicated to him but my take away of his character is that he was more of a tragic antagonist/anti-hero type that was largely motivated by personal revenge, and while he had his vision for a black empire he was also ok with killing his people or letting them die on the way to that, which contrasts with t'challa.

similarly, i disliked how t'challa and them shot down the pilot brehs that were shipping the weapons out, even if they felt it was for a bigger cause as they were still shooting down their own people who were following orders from who they thought was their king.

This is what I was saying last night and @Khalil's_Black_Excellence and a few others wasnt hearing me.

Its easy to pop shyt, but when SHIELD unleash the flutes on them nikkas :mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hollyweird has NO MORE excuses. NO MORE excuses to block films like Danny Glover's Toussaint film. No more "is there a white hero." No more "blacks don't sell in sci-fi." No more "black films dont sell overseas."
Really should open up other opportunities.

Here's the genius of Coogler at play. He could have easily made it so all the attention was just on Boseman/T'Challa. The excuse Hollywood could use is that you need a black superhero in order to sell audiences and critics. Because only that one person can carry the film. Yet in this film Coogler wisely made it a real ensemble where EVERYONE stands out. People are also loving Killmonger, M'Baku, Shuri, Okoye, etc etc

They can't keep using that excuse when the product is this good..

Reminds me of this :wow:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Really should open up other opportunities.

Here's the genius of Coogler at play. He could have easily made it so all the attention was just on Boseman/T'Challa. The excuse Hollywood could use is that you need a black superhero in order to sell audiences and critics. Because only that one person can carry the film. Yet in this film Coogler wisely made it a real ensemble where EVERYONE stands out. People are also loving Killmonger, M'Baku, Shuri, Okoye, etc etc

They can't keep using that excuse when the product is this good..

Reminds me of this :wow:

Yep this is what I keep saying. Yet we have stupid try hard militants saying "BUH IT A WHITE FILM OWNED BY WHITES!" Its not even about that... All of this from the director, actors, costume designer, executive producer, soundtrack, etc,etc were all BLACK CREATIVE VISIONS.

And the bolded WAS a very smart move by Coogler. And yea I was saying that if this movie is a success(which it is) then we may in fact see Coogler doing a Mansa Musa film.:wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
maybe he can be the one to play achebe
Either him or LaKeith Stanfield.

Boyega would be the more inspired choice because he would really be going against type since he's normally the good guy. Also to have a director really bring out the best in him.

I think Coogler can channel in his humor in the right way (TFA) and then bring out the intensity (Attack the Block) :wow:

Breh needs it :mjcry:

Daps
This is what I was saying last night and @Khalil's_Black_Excellence and a few others wasnt hearing me.

Its easy to pop shyt, but when SHIELD unleash the flutes on them nikkas :mjpls:

i think wakanda, if militarized, can take on SHIELD + all the world super powers, but not without any planning or foresight into it ...
and there will definitely be a lot of wakandans/africans/diasporans that will be collateral damage if it becomes a race war under the aforementioned circumstances

Steady B

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
On a personal note, I wanted to share something that really resonated with me.

My father passed away 3 weeks ago and he was the most important person in my life. Single father that raised me and my brothers and always instilled in us and everyone he met the importance of knowing yourself and your history. I was really hoping I could see BP with him when it dropped and he was really interested in the premise of the character and the movie. As hard as his death has been on me, he made it infinitely easier by always letting us know how much he loved us and keeping us all aware of his own mortality and how he expected us to carry on without him.

Well, there's a scene early in the film where
T'challa and his father are having their first conversation together after his death in civil war, and he says something to the effect of "A man who has not prepared his children for his death has failed them as a father."

I almost shed a tear at that scene, it was so surreal to me on a personal level.

:mjcry:

This movie really hits people at a lot of different angles, and it could have been so easy to botch things up trying to touch on so much at once, but they pulled it off.

Peace and blessings to you and yours my brother.
That scene really hit me as well. I indeed shed a few tears at that scene. Had to hug my son at that moment. It felt so authentic. You could hear a few folks in the audience react with sobs as well. Love this film.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
random Facebook status I came across:

Viola Davis is incredible. I thought she was Danai Gurira (Michonne from The Walking Dead) the entire movie! She did an amazing job. The fact that she was so locked in that I thought she was the kick ass chick from The Walking Dead, says more about her skills than me not realizing if you ask me lol