Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah fam they mentioned real countries and real languages were used. It was all based on real shyt. It just sounded off

They based it on real languages, but they purposefully wanted the accents to sound off so that it couldn't be tied to one specific region. It's supposed to sound "Wakandan".

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think about this...MCU is the biggest film franchise that’s out right now. And in a world where geniuses like Tony Stark, Howard Stark, Hank Pym, and Bruce Banner exist, the smartest person(yes I know about Rocket, but he’s not a person) is potentially a 16 year old girl from Africa. That crazy when you think about who runs Marvel and makes the character decisions.

That’s such a great message to send to kids. Now this will probably change when they reintroduce Reed to the MCU but until then :blessed:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Corrupted? Yes. Living in America corrupts the any innocence that you have. But Killmonger wasn't spiteful. Everything he did was a means to an end. Even the difficult and more controversial actions. You forget he's well trained and disciplined.

:what:....he shot his girl dead all to carry out his mission of taking over Wakanda. He wanted to burn down the country and bury its culture. Because his father was murdered and he was abandoned ..that's the definition of spitefulness breh...:russ:.....he would have destoyed the world. ..he didn't care about anyone or right or wrong..he just wanted chaos and to ultimately be the king of it

Daps
So ,
a guy with his doctorate from MIT, a skilled tactician, a war vet a guy with royal Wakandan blood did not know what he was doing

nah i actually think he knew what he was doing and was very calculated up until getting the crown. afterwards he was talmbout burning it all down, and while i respect his G in putting everyone to work immediately it did not seem like he had any contingency plans about what happens when every nation + avengers turn their firepower to Wakanda and any brehs that take up arms for the cause. just seemed reckless to me since most of his people are not MIT graduates CIA trained cold blooded killas. he even burned all the purple herb so he cant even arm himself with a guard of panther goons or anything.

if he had a plan the movie did not flesh it out, which may be understandable since they had to pack a lot into the movie. i fux with killmonger heavy and wish they had more time dedicated to him but my take away of his character is that he was more of a tragic antagonist/anti-hero type that was largely motivated by personal revenge, and while he had his vision for a black empire he was also ok with killing his people or letting them die on the way to that, which contrasts with t'challa.

similarly, i disliked how t'challa and them shot down the pilot brehs that were shipping the weapons out, even if they felt it was for a bigger cause as they were still shooting down their own people who were following orders from who they thought was their king.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I know I sound like a broken record but is it me or is the Coli going full retard to shame anyone watching this film. Its getting worse day by day. I may have to take a break. You got negros stating that Wakanda is an oppressive society.

You gotta learn how to discern agents from the rest of the regular black people breh.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
After seeing the film twice I can say it’s the best marvel film to date. The story drove the narrative first and the characters who were of importance had some type of goal they were trying to achieve (T’Challa, Killmonger, etc).
I was worrried about MBJ playing a villain but damn he’s fukking great in this as soon as he enters the screen he kills a cac bytch and he’s full throttle until his death. This is a villain with a clear cut motivation and is willing to do whatever to achieve his goal by any means necessary.

:wow:

The Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Dora Milaje were black excellence personified.

:blessed:

Forest Whitaker Angela Basset and Andy Serkis were all great and had their moments to shine when on screen

:jawalrus:
My favorite scene of the film is the T’Challa V M’Baku fight. First off it’s the best choreographed fight of the film. Perfect use of tension as the fight is fought in a closer radius as each combatant takes a hit. It perfectly encapsulates T’Challa as he is shown to be a willing killer but he still gives a chance to offer mercy.
:bpbless:

So glad a Black Bay Area native was able to direct this loved how he started the film in Oakland the birth place of the real Black Panthers as the catalyst to start the film.

:Ninerscry:
My only real complaint is the consistency of the CGI at times is lacking.

Marvel needs to go ahead and green light the fukking sequel
:ufdup:
Great post

100% how I felt about the film including the criticisms.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta learn how to discern agents from the rest of the regular black people breh.

Most people on this board are just trolling...they are either pro-Black to the extreme where they find reasons to get upset about EVERYTHING. Or they are on the opposite end of the spectrum where where they try to always incite stupid shyt. I’ve never met anyone like this in person, and I refuse to think people are this miserable. So I gotta assume they are just fukking around.