MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The one thing I also like about this movie, is all the black women hair, everything was natural cept as michonne said this redic thing on my hair. My niece is young and goes to an all white school and has on a few occasions said she hates her hair why isn't it long like her friends. So I cant wait to take her to be like look

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:dead: @ someone trying to argue Wakanda wouldn't stand a chance in a world war. The rest of the world doesn't even know what Wakanda is capable of, so how are they going to properly defend themselves? Wakanda already got spies everywhere. We damn sure didn't see the extent of the Wakandan military in the film.

Imo, wakanda is equal to the empire, latveria, stargate, king zarcon, and voltron.
as far as military power from their mech.

If you peep the illustrations in marvel here and there quickly. You can see the real thought out fluence to show how mighty wakanda is, as far as military strength and weapons.

Art Barr

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dc.eat...lounge-black-panther-enter-wakanda-pop-up-bar

The “Enter Wakanda” pop-up is scheduled to take place from Friday, February 16, till the early hours of Monday, February 19, coinciding with the release of the continuing saga of tortured heroes that battle against evildoers in the growing web of blockbuster flicks that now invade movie theaters on a regular basis. According to a blurb on the Wave’s website, the temporary experience is scheduled to include corresponding food and drink specials, “interactive set pieces,” art installations, and guest DJs from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly.

“Costumes are encouraged but not required,” Team Wave alerts interested cosplayers.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Best MCU movie by far
Its gonna be hard for Marvel to top that
I thought it was hype but this had everything right
Good villain
Good action and drama mix
A story that isn't driven by just the main hero
A all black cast doesn't hurt either

Its been so long since I've seen a movie or character with black people who are not begging for anything from white people
Black Panther is a special character

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
But Boyega should be a villain in BP sequel
Friday, 8:58PM: By the time the four-day President’s Day holiday stretch ends, Black Panther will have surpassed many of Marvel’s mightiest on the all-time domestic B.O. openers chart. Black Panther is now looking at the 6th best opening of all-time on a 3-day-basis with an estimated $187.6M per industry projections and a mind-blowing $216M over four days.

216 Million brehs:wow:

I’m going again tonight
full

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw it last nite and I give it 9/10. I still think Winter Soldier and Civil War were better but this is the best origin movie from Marvel surpassing Ironman by a slight margin.
The first 2/3 of the movie were perfect, the music, costumes and set design were amazing throughout and seeing Eric Killmonger's plan coming to fruition was beautiful. He did outshine T'Challa for me and is now the best MCU villain.
Out of all the women between, Shuri, Nakia and Akoye I was feeling Nakia the most. She was the right balance of warrior, intellect and ride or die chic. Shuri was actually too silly a couple of times but she did have the best jokes in the movie, and Akoye was almost too hardcore traditional warrior and not using her brain enough. It's like Nakia provided the perfect balance and she's the finest which doesn't hurt either. :banderas:
I didn't like the final act as much as the first 2 mainly:
- The final fight scene between T'Challa and Killmonger I did not like. It was sort of pedestrian/average. Nothing amazing happened, and if we keep it real Eric in both fights was giving T'Challa that work. T'Challa came with the knife flip kill move out of nowhere to win.
- And prior to the end the conflict between Wakandans and the rest of the diaspora was better balanced, they got on some heavy handed 'message!' shyt by time the movie was over. Not that it's terrible because it was a good message/theme but the first 2/3 of the movie they did a better job establishing it without it being so obvious.
- And it's true next movie Chadwick/BP needs to kick more ass and more definitively. Getting thrown off the waterfall was an "Oh shyt! Not T'Challa!" :lupe:moment for me. He needs to lay the smack down more.