WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where do rank movies like the first 4 Superman movies by Christopher Reeves?

I love the first two flicks and I think they're the only films that catch the actual nuances and themes of the character. (don't get me started on Superman returns and Snyder's brooding Superman) But I don't think they've aged so well. (Burton's Batman films also.) The first two would end up somewhere outside of my top ten.

My top ten super hero/comic book films look like this (no particular order)

Blade 2
X2
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man
Winter Soldier
Dark Knight
Unbreakable
Black Panther
Deadpool
Guardians Vol 1

And yes no Avengers......

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
was on the internet trying to find some dope artwork to save on my phone and found this reddit post through google that led me to this artist's instagram. and this is where things got bad. i clicked on the black panther's reddit to find more artwork and ended up finding one of the worst things i've ever read.

this is what cacs are getting from this fim:

If I had to describe Killmonger, I'd say he's half sympathetic backstory, and half black supremacist; funnily enough, a Black Panther. His entire motivation, as a villain, is "Lets use Wakanda technology to allow black people to rise up and overthrow their white colonialists, because I grew up as a ghetto kid, and I know the suffering of blacks in America." (Aka: Kill All the Whites and Establish Wakanda as a Dominant Power that Raises Black People above all others) They could've completely omitted this idea, because he already had another motivation, which was to go to Wakanda because he had never been there before, even though he was of royal blood, and take revenge on the current royalty because T'Challa's dad killed Killmonger's dad. All the racism commentary wasn't necessary, because all it did was implicate that if Wakanda were a real place, black people would destroy the whites.

You might be thinking, "Wouldn't that make him a good villain, because he possesses a negative quality that people want to see destroyed?" The issue with this thought is that Killmonger spouts all the common day rhetoric we hear on this issue, "Blacks have it super hard, we deserve better. White people are the problem, how they colonized us and stole our stuff." This sort of idea is justified positively on a daily basis, so who's going to disagree with this idea and consider it a negative quality? He's not a good villain, because his character just boils down to being another black guy with a chip on his shoulder because of his skin color.

Ironically, the main theme of this movie is not allowing the sins of past generations to dictate who you are and what you do, and not to let anyone judge or blame you for it. Hint hint. The final issue I had was that Wakanda acts as this idea for salvation for black people everywhere, because their lives suck so much everywhere else. The film plays up Wakanda as being superior to every other nation, is stationed in Africa, and can make black society better as a whole.....but Wakanda is fictional. It doesn't exist, so it seems like this sad posturing that an outside entity is going to swoop down and free blacks from all their problems, without any work on their own front.

Overall, Black Panther, to me, was an average superhero movie that could've been a much better superhero movie if they had stuck to political intrigue and royal bloodline conflicts. Killmonger was a much more interesting villain at that point, but just had to throw a helping of white guilt in there, because Black Panther -had- to be more than just a good superhero movie. It couldn't be another Guardians of the Galaxy, or Captain America: Civil War, or Spiderman: Homecoming, it had to change lives and be a battlecry for African Americans everywhere. Why? I dunno, maybe because people have an issue with our current president or something. Good job Donald, you messed up Black Panther for me!

[source]

not gonna lie, i read that shyt and got hot. i wanna fukk this dikkhead up :martin: for all the dumb shyt them blavity woke nikkas was saying on twitter about this being for black people only you can somewhat understand why they were saying that shyt when you see cacs posting shyt like this.

dude called The Black Panther Party "black supremacists", made a false equivalence between killmonger's understandable motivations with what black people would do/have done if wakanda was a real place, then mockingly made reductionist observations regarding the plight of black people in this world and tried to paint the sentiment of "kill all the whites and establish black people above all others" as something black people deem as a positive and as a quality. Also, used Killmonger as an avatar to refer to black people that have grievances against white supremacy, its history and systems, as "another black with a chip on his shoulder because of his skin color". Disingenuously tried to absolve current white people that reap and enjoy the fruits of racism and white supremacy with this line "Ironically, the main theme of this movie is not allowing the sins of past generations to dictate who you are and what you do, and not to let anyone judge or blame you for it. Hint hint" . Uses Wakanda being a fictional Utopia as a negative, sad posturing, and proxy to say "blacks wanna be freed from all their problems without any work on their front" despite earlier in his post referring to a real civil rights organisation that was doing positive work in the community and was hindered and dismantled by the U.S government as "black supremacists", nevermind the fact that Wakanda serves as metaphor to our potential outside the spectrum and realms of slavery, white supremacy and colonialism.

fukking cacs man:snoop: this shyt ruined my morning i wanna put hands on this piece of shyt
Breh..
They did the same thing with Luke Cage:russ:
We gotta stop getting mad at what these goofy, hypocrites think about shyt..
I literally don’t listen, read or give a fukk about a white persons opinion on anything..
Just imagine if Blade , Spawn, Static Shock or any other black character had a movie made right now..
These brain dead muthafukkas would find anyway to hate..
Hell..
The dumb shyt I stumbled across for Black Lighting reviews:mjlol:
They want to be victims so bad without the struggle:mjgrin:
fukk em and enjoy the movie(if you see it again)..:blessed:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only bad thing about this are the accents but if you’re not african or don’t have african parents you it won’t affect your enjoyment. Shyts bad

The accents aren't supposed to be accurate, they deliberately made them sound a bit off because the characters are from a fictional nation.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the stuff people are saying about characters "Stealing the movie" is BS. You just like certain characters more than others. I swear people were making it seem like T'Challa was a minor character in his own movie and that was hardly the case. The film has an ensemble cast and nobody gets the shaft IMO.

The only issue I have with the film is I don't think enough was done to show just how culturally significant being Black Panther is to Wakandans. I stiil see people asking why couldn't a bunch of characters be Black Panther at the same time.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ someone trying to argue Wakanda wouldn't stand a chance in a world war. The rest of the world doesn't even know what Wakanda is capable of, so how are they going to properly defend themselves? Wakanda already got spies everywhere. We damn sure didn't see the extent of the Wakandan military in the film.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
The accents aren't supposed to be accurate, they deliberately made them sound a bit off because the characters are from a fictional nation.

Nah fam they mentioned real countries and real languages were used. It was all based on real shyt. It just sounded off

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
was on the internet trying to find some dope artwork to save on my phone and found this reddit post through google that led me to this artist's instagram. and this is where things got bad. i clicked on the black panther's reddit to find more artwork and ended up finding one of the worst things i've ever read.

this is what cacs are getting from this fim:

If I had to describe Killmonger, I'd say he's half sympathetic backstory, and half black supremacist; funnily enough, a Black Panther. His entire motivation, as a villain, is "Lets use Wakanda technology to allow black people to rise up and overthrow their white colonialists, because I grew up as a ghetto kid, and I know the suffering of blacks in America." (Aka: Kill All the Whites and Establish Wakanda as a Dominant Power that Raises Black People above all others) They could've completely omitted this idea, because he already had another motivation, which was to go to Wakanda because he had never been there before, even though he was of royal blood, and take revenge on the current royalty because T'Challa's dad killed Killmonger's dad. All the racism commentary wasn't necessary, because all it did was implicate that if Wakanda were a real place, black people would destroy the whites.

You might be thinking, "Wouldn't that make him a good villain, because he possesses a negative quality that people want to see destroyed?" The issue with this thought is that Killmonger spouts all the common day rhetoric we hear on this issue, "Blacks have it super hard, we deserve better. White people are the problem, how they colonized us and stole our stuff." This sort of idea is justified positively on a daily basis, so who's going to disagree with this idea and consider it a negative quality? He's not a good villain, because his character just boils down to being another black guy with a chip on his shoulder because of his skin color.

Ironically, the main theme of this movie is not allowing the sins of past generations to dictate who you are and what you do, and not to let anyone judge or blame you for it. Hint hint. The final issue I had was that Wakanda acts as this idea for salvation for black people everywhere, because their lives suck so much everywhere else. The film plays up Wakanda as being superior to every other nation, is stationed in Africa, and can make black society better as a whole.....but Wakanda is fictional. It doesn't exist, so it seems like this sad posturing that an outside entity is going to swoop down and free blacks from all their problems, without any work on their own front.

Overall, Black Panther, to me, was an average superhero movie that could've been a much better superhero movie if they had stuck to political intrigue and royal bloodline conflicts. Killmonger was a much more interesting villain at that point, but just had to throw a helping of white guilt in there, because Black Panther -had- to be more than just a good superhero movie. It couldn't be another Guardians of the Galaxy, or Captain America: Civil War, or Spiderman: Homecoming, it had to change lives and be a battlecry for African Americans everywhere. Why? I dunno, maybe because people have an issue with our current president or something. Good job Donald, you messed up Black Panther for me!

[source]

not gonna lie, i read that shyt and got hot. i wanna fukk this dikkhead up :martin: for all the dumb shyt them blavity woke nikkas was saying on twitter about this being for black people only you can somewhat understand why they were saying that shyt when you see cacs posting shyt like this.

dude called The Black Panther Party "black supremacists", made a false equivalence between killmonger's understandable motivations with what black people would do/have done if wakanda was a real place, then mockingly made reductionist observations regarding the plight of black people in this world and tried to paint the sentiment of "kill all the whites and establish black people above all others" as something black people deem as a positive and as a quality. Also, used Killmonger as an avatar to refer to black people that have grievances against white supremacy, its history and systems, as "another black with a chip on his shoulder because of his skin color". Disingenuously tried to absolve current white people that reap and enjoy the fruits of racism and white supremacy with this line "Ironically, the main theme of this movie is not allowing the sins of past generations to dictate who you are and what you do, and not to let anyone judge or blame you for it. Hint hint" . Uses Wakanda being a fictional Utopia as a negative, sad posturing, and proxy to say "blacks wanna be freed from all their problems without any work on their front" despite earlier in his post referring to a real civil rights organisation that was doing positive work in the community and was hindered and dismantled by the U.S government as "black supremacists", nevermind the fact that Wakanda serves as metaphor to our potential outside the spectrum and realms of slavery, white supremacy and colonialism.

fukking cacs man:snoop: this shyt ruined my morning i wanna put hands on this piece of shyt
Bruh, you knew what was going to happen to our guy in that movie :francis: