WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw this. Repping from the Bahamas and, and my local theatre was sold out.

8/10 upon first viewing.

I'd say it falls short of Winter Soldier, (which is no shade because I think TWS is better than TDK) but its easily the second best Marvel film. (Arguably second best comic film ever)

Without spoiling, I will echo some sentiments that while it was already a 2 hr plus film it didn't feel ong and I definitely could have used more screen time for Killmonger.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Finally saw this. Repping from the Bahamas and, and my local theatre was sold out.

8/10 upon first viewing.

I'd say it falls short of Winter Soldier, (which is no shade because I think TWS is better than TDK) but its easily the second best Marvel film. (Arguably second best comic film ever)

Without spoiling, I will echo some sentiments that while it was already a 2 hr plus film it didn't feel ong and I definitely could have used more screen time for Killmonger.
TWS and Black Panther are my 2 favorite Marvel flicks. And the first Ironman.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Movie was just incredible :wow:

Both Chadwick and Michael B killed their roles. and you could relate to both characters. T'Challa having to deal with figuring out what type of king he wants to be and confronting pops about how he did the fam dirty. Then Killmonger was dropping ether left and right but i was agreeing with him. Hell most of my theater was agreeing when he was speaking, also them being cousins was a great twist and that "hey auntie was :russ:" Cant lie i wanted T'challa to find a to patch it up between them, cause as a duo they would've been foolish.

The sistas in this movie were fantastic :blessed:, i loved seeing my people in roles without all the nonsense we get in other movies.

This is easily top 2 mcu movie, and could be better than winter solider on a 2nd watch.

Lastly im glad there wasn't any other avengers in this. A full standalone movie full of black excellence.
Im ready for infinity war

Daps
They're sitting on a literal mountain of vibranium. If they went into a total war economy model (like the US in WW2) they would bring the world to its knees. The Avengers would have to go Thunderbolts and assassinate Killmonger in hope of destabilizing the regime. That's the only scenario I where Wakanda loses.

Killmonger was bout to just jump into it tho, no plan or foresight for the next few steps except destabilizing the world. His expertise was in destabilizing and changing regimes of power, in a universe where the avengers exist, that wouldnt work out in the long run.

If he and T'Challa planned a full on world conquering mission together, then yes, I think Wakanda has the resources to pull it off.

Not when half of the government/monarchy is trying to overthrow the King who gave the order, the king they deem an "outsider" and a usurper. :manny: my opinion at least.

Daps
So gives us an honestly indepth review.
Since you went so off brand from the unsaid united front.

I wanna read this cause I feel any negative reviews are from actual personal and social disconnect of the reviewer. That I would like to read these review based thoughts the negative minority has.
Just to see the bullshyt, that your type comes up with. To deflect away from the fact you have obvious cultural disconnect.

Art Barr
:ohhh:

I wouldn't say it's "cultural disconnect", certain things, choices pulled me out of the movie when I wanted to be in. Quick example, when the action is weak I tune out completely.

Look, don't come at me. I been following this movie every detail from jump just like you and it was GREAT. But if I'm not feeling the direction, you shouldn't really have a problem with that. On more viewings I might can get past/used it but otherwise.......

To wrap it up I know what this movie MEANS but that is a separate thing from how I watch and intake film no matter what the film is about. I hope you can understand that.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Give Coogler a Star Wars trilogy with a black cast. Boyega's my guy but I'm sick of seeing c00n ass Finn.

Not related but I've been thinking we've been blessed with the cast and crew for this film. No c00ns - every cast and crew member has been willing to discuss head on the topics of what it means to be black, racial dynamics and colonisation in the marketing for the film as well is in the themes of the film itself and not skipping around the subjects. Unapologetic.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killmongervelli :banderas:

I hope they bring this nikka back from the dead. nikka was the truth in the movie. He is such a perfect antoganist for black panther and I can’t see another surpassing him in the storyline.

Movie was great and a very positive representation to black people but I had certain gripes

When the white CIA agent was talking to Mbaku and his tribe and them nikkaz made them gorilla noises shyt made me cringe a bit.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
fukk it.

Lets demand the 4 hour cut :banderas::banderas:

def need this

hell imo Movie was short easily should have extended.
No doubt. I was actually more interested in the non action scenes. I kept wanting them to explore Wakanda more, and if I had one complaint, it was that I wish Killmonger had been in the movie more. Once he came to Wakanda it's like the total level of the movie elevated. I wish he'd been in a few earlier scenes, but I have no complaints.
fam fukkin exactly

Hell they could have excluded the action and movie would have been dope,, the acting, visuals and dialogue, as well as the conflict of Wakanda opening up, and the country itself interested me more than fighting. Nonetheless fights were dope as well