Daps
Reppin
Latveria
We hear from Screen Engine/ComScore that PostTrak is showing that 40% of Black Panther‘s ticket sales are being driven by African American moviegoers. Diverse casts in films like Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, the Fast and the Furious series, Twilight and Hunger Games have always yielded big business, but Black Panther with its near total Black ensemble cast is a groundbreaking landmark at the box office. Disney will continue to break glass ceilings soon after Black Panther: On March 9, the studio will open the feature adaptation of the children’s classic A Wrinkle In Time, which at a $100M-plus budget is the first production of its scope to be directed by a woman of color, Oscar nominee Ava DuVernay. In addition, Disney’s 2019 live-action release The Lion King touts a large Black cast that includes Beyonce, Donald Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Keegan-Michael Key, James Earl Jones, Alfre Woodard and Eric Andre among many others.
:wow:

momma

All Star
Daps
I've had extremely high expectations for this movie ever since they announced the cast and director. An African superhero from the most technologically advanced nation in the world, more advanced than anything Stark or Richards or Pym, that synthesizes African culture and mysticism with future tech, placed in the 2nd biggest film franchise today behind Star Wars, featuring pretty much an all-black cast, made by one of today's most brilliant directors, and released in 2018 America? After finally watching this (we were expecting this movie last year but they pushed it back so it's been a really long wait), I'm inclined to say top 3, top 2 superhero movies of all time. Easily the most mature and developed MCU film thus far that's for sure and I think only the Russo films hold a candle to this

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I could easily have sat through another 30 minutes.

Especially around Killmonger
Movie rules be damned, they should have made this 4 or 4 in a half hour movie.

I expected it to be good but not for me to like it this much:wow:
Mfs def gotta put respect on Jordan and Bosemans name as actors man:mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
After seeing the film twice I can say it’s the best marvel film to date. The story drove the narrative first and the characters who were of importance had some type of goal they were trying to achieve (T’Challa, Killmonger, etc).
I was worrried about MBJ playing a villain but damn he’s fukking great in this as soon as he enters the screen he kills a cac bytch and he’s full throttle until his death. This is a villain with a clear cut motivation and is willing to do whatever to achieve his goal by any means necessary.

:wow:

The Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Dora Milaje were black excellence personified.

:blessed:

Forest Whitaker Angela Basset and Andy Serkis were all great and had their moments to shine when on screen

:jawalrus:
My favorite scene of the film is the T’Challa V M’Baku fight. First off it’s the best choreographed fight of the film. Perfect use of tension as the fight is fought in a closer radius as each combatant takes a hit. It perfectly encapsulates T’Challa as he is shown to be a willing killer but he still gives a chance to offer mercy.
:bpbless:

So glad a Black Bay Area native was able to direct this loved how he started the film in Oakland the birth place of the real Black Panthers as the catalyst to start the film.

:Ninerscry:
My only real complaint is the consistency of the CGI at times is lacking.

Marvel needs to go ahead and green light the fukking sequel
:ufdup:
No doubt. I was actually more interested in the non action scenes. I kept wanting them to explore Wakanda more, and if I had one complaint, it was that I wish Killmonger had been in the movie more. Once he came to Wakanda it's like the total level of the movie elevated. I wish he'd been in a few earlier scenes, but I have no complaints.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I honestly don’t understand how anyone could say that Chadwicke or the character of T’Challa got “overshadowed”. Yes MJB stole the show but Chadwicke was the anchor of the entire film. When he challenged Kilmonger the second time and proclaimed “As you can see. I am NOT dead!” The entire audience ERUPTED in applause.
I'm with you like halfway.

To some extent I feel like all action movies or comic book flicks are only as strong as their villains. T'Challa was amazing, but the best villains are ones that believe they are right and make you as an audience member question whether they have a point, and the best villains are also ones that elevate the hero and give them a reason to improve.

Michael B. Jordan did both, and for that reason, I can understand why people are saying he stole the show. He was my favorite part of the movie, but Chadwicke was amazing too and his performance was off the charts.