Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
After seeing the film twice I can say it’s the best marvel film to date. The story drove the narrative first and the characters who were of importance had some type of goal they were trying to achieve (T’Challa, Killmonger, etc).
I was worrried about MBJ playing a villain but damn he’s fukking great in this as soon as he enters the screen he kills a cac bytch and he’s full throttle until his death. This is a villain with a clear cut motivation and is willing to do whatever to achieve his goal by any means necessary.

:wow:

The Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Dora Milaje were black excellence personified.

:blessed:

Forest Whitaker Angela Basset and Andy Serkis were all great and had their moments to shine when on screen

:jawalrus:
My favorite scene of the film is the T’Challa V M’Baku fight. First off it’s the best choreographed fight of the film. Perfect use of tension as the fight is fought in a closer radius as each combatant takes a hit. It perfectly encapsulates T’Challa as he is shown to be a willing killer but he still gives a chance to offer mercy.
:bpbless:

So glad a Black Bay Area native was able to direct this loved how he started the film in Oakland the birth place of the real Black Panthers as the catalyst to start the film.

:Ninerscry:
My only real complaint is the consistency of the CGI at times is lacking.

Marvel needs to go ahead and green light the fukking sequel
:ufdup:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People are too caught up in showy performances.

Boseman in BP >>DC Hereos

He grounds the film. Killmonger doesn't work as well without T'Challa's perspective.

Kaluuya...underrated as hell.

Real men, with real emotions and conflict. This movie has some of the most layered characters in comicbook movie or otherwise in a long time.

BOSSman did his thing.

Had to edit cuz, I mean in other places they may do great villain <singular, not plural> but they dont have many great hereos

But yea people get caught up in the wrong shyt

Martha

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I was the only one who clapped when Erik said I'd rather die then live in bondage :francis:

has the coli broken me :wow: :snoop:
Nah it goes beyond the coli breh. Because you can actually see where killmonger is coming from..........Well minus the psycho parts
incBevHEE5K4_9UWYAtf6v0SJDyeAFJpusf2yRXHHI4.jpg

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Am I the only one that wanted Kilmonger to win :francis:

Coogler made it seem like Wakanda was scared of the outside world which I never felt from the comics it was more of an air of arrogance like the rest of the world is beneath them. You get some of that from Shuri but it was downplayed for comedic purposes and wasn't enough IMO

I never once felt like this movie made Wakanda look weak, it seemed more like they just didn't want to break away from what they've done over the years. They've never been malicious people.

In reality Wakanda in a full fledged war against the outside world would get their asses handed to them despite their technology, but this movie remained self contained and doesn't reference the MCU much to make Wakanda seem stronger as a nation than it actually is.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I never once felt like this movie made Wakanda look weak, it seemed more like they just didn't want to break away from what they've done over the years. They've never been malicious people.

In reality Wakanda in a full fledged war against the outside world would get their asses handed to them despite their technology, but this movie remained self contained and doesn't reference the MCU much to make Wakanda seem stronger as a nation than it actually is.

Are you out your gotdamn mind?:dwillhuh: I was with you until you said that shyt. You apparently ain't pay attention to the movie much.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Are you out your gotdamn mind?:dwillhuh: I was with you until you said that shyt. You apparently ain't pay attention to the movie much.

I did pay attention. Wakanda not bout to win a head on war with the outside world though breh. Between all the superheroes, SHIELD, the military and their alliances, and the fact that Wakanda would be out there waging war dolo they wasn't gonna go out there and just run shyt.

They did make a comment about Killmonger conquering leaders or whatever but that plan wasn't gonna go as smooth as he thought. :francis:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

They're sitting on a literal mountain of vibranium. If they went into a total war economy model (like the US in WW2) they would bring the world to its knees. The Avengers would have to go Thunderbolts and assassinate Killmonger in hope of destabilizing the regime. That's the only scenario I where Wakanda loses.