wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Did you expect anything less from Coogler
fsnrDjx.png
I wish I could see Oakland’s reaction to this. Their son made a cultural masterpiece :BlackPantherBanderas:

Middle Finga U

Paper Chaser by Nature
Daps
Reppin
Melanated People Globally
This movie was :wow: brehs. Everyone was on point with the acting. Michael B. Jordan did a great job as Killmonger. As a black man I felt I could relate to his beef with Wakanda and its people. The ladies were looking lovely especially Lupita :shaq:

I don't know I just felt like there could've been a little bit more action. I could just be me though :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I heard people say this, so I was prepared for it going in. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that wasn't the case for me personally. Chadwick was the best actor in the film imo. He sold every emotion the script asked of him wonderfully.
This. It's because he wasn't over the top or didn't make any jokes

His subtle performance was 10/10

Kaluuya too was great

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just got out breahs and im drunk amd high if i type how im feeling mught be an essay with all theysmbilisms and what not fukk punctuation all ima say is i gotta some how find another for ticket tomorrow acnt say what aint been said i. this thread the kast 10 pages #blackexellence

teacher

All Star
Daps
Am I the only one that wanted Kilmonger to win :francis:

Coogler made it seem like Wakanda was scared of the outside world which I never felt from the comics it was more of an air of arrogance like the rest of the world is beneath them. You get some of that from Shuri but it was downplayed for comedic purposes and wasn't enough IMO

teacher

All Star
Daps
I was the only one who clapped when Erik said I'd rather die then live in bondage :francis:

has the coli broken me :wow: :snoop:

Daps
On a personal note, I wanted to share something that really resonated with me.

My father passed away 3 weeks ago and he was the most important person in my life. Single father that raised me and my brothers and always instilled in us and everyone he met the importance of knowing yourself and your history. I was really hoping I could see BP with him when it dropped and he was really interested in the premise of the character and the movie. As hard as his death has been on me, he made it infinitely easier by always letting us know how much he loved us and keeping us all aware of his own mortality and how he expected us to carry on without him.

Well, there's a scene early in the film where
T'challa and his father are having their first conversation together after his death in civil war, and he says something to the effect of "A man who has not prepared his children for his death has failed them as a father."

I almost shed a tear at that scene, it was so surreal to me on a personal level.

:mjcry:

This movie really hits people at a lot of different angles, and it could have been so easy to botch things up trying to touch on so much at once, but they pulled it off.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I honestly don’t understand how anyone could say that Chadwicke or the character of T’Challa got “overshadowed”. Yes MJB stole the show but Chadwicke was the anchor of the entire film. When he challenged Kilmonger the second time and proclaimed “As you can see. I am NOT dead!” The entire audience ERUPTED in applause.

This. It's because he wasn't over the top or didn't make any jokes

His subtle performance was 10/10

Kaluuya too was great
People are too caught up in showy performances.

Boseman in BP >> Bale in TDK

He grounds the film. Killmonger doesn't work as well without T'Challa's perspective.

Kaluuya...underrated as hell.

Real men, with real emotions and conflict. This movie has some of the most layered characters in comicbook movie or otherwise in a long time.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Low key this could inflame the Africa vs African Americans narrative.

Think about how Israel treats the diaspora.
killmonger made tchalla his bytch with all the truth bombs he was dropping
Im sure some were hoping for only African excellence but we got African American excellence too