Which shirt to wear tonight..
m9xgrn.jpg

Top one is dope, where did you get it?

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a top 3 Marvel flick. Visually my favorite. Possibly the best. Only ones debatable storywise is the first Avengers, and MAYBE Winter Soldier.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
@Diasporan Royalty
@The Black Panther interesting in TLR there are tons of threads with this angry,energy to Black Panther and the people watching it but this chinese TV gala racist shyt doesn't go past a single page on there.
Interesting..... an all black cast in a positive representation garners more and some folks being excited garners more:angry:
than a blackface on a tv gala that has 800 million viewers which got a collective ''meh'' in there. :usure:

China's biggest show in 'racist blackface'

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Tony gonna be hating when he finds out about Wakanda:mjlol:

But But But, your suit don't fly:mjcry:

He was at home watching that press conference reminiscing about the day he came out as Iron Man, and the most technological man known to man:francis:

When he meets Shuri for the first time he gonna be damn near emasculated :bryan:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Its an even larger play on the feeling of abandonment African-Americans have on a subconscious level about the Motherland.

When T'Challa says "Why didn't we bring the boy back home?" :damn: The shyt hit me...so much subtext about the relationship between Africans and African-Americans in Killmonger's story.
I wasn't even thinking about that, I was too caught up in the initial drama

Daps
He was a sociopath. He literally murdered his girlfriend because she accidentally got in his way by being taken hostage. They were reminding you that all that mattered to him was the mission. People were just a means to an end. In the same way that T'challa saved the CIA agent. They were showing you the differences in the characters in the way they acted towards people who served them/cared about them.

I LOVED this shyt. I hated that they had to add
the shyt of him bullying the woman around the garden cause outside of that what really was making him a villian. I was actively rooting for him. I did like him opening a new center in Oakland (was that a nod to the Black Panthers) showing he agreed with the message to a degree. Hated having to have the white guy there to help them out.

Seemed to be so much symbolism in the movie. Can't wait to watch it a second time to further examine it.

Michael B Jordan murdered this shyt though. Amazing movie. Funny cause I wasn't really caught up in the hype and only went cause my boy talked me in to it.

Killmonger's motivation and backstory is not only sympathetic but relatable. He and T'Challa were 2 sides of the same coin. However he is ultimately a super damaged character and even if the message in some of his intents are 100% true ("why didn't wakanda do anything to help" - similar to why his pops was "radicalized"), he was motivated by personal revenge and he even said he had to kill some of his own brothers and sisters on his way to achieving his mission. So choking out an old lady was the least of his concern, he was too far gone then, especially after the convo with his pops in the ancestral plane.

Thats why i really felt it, both T'Challa and Erik were paying for the sins of their fathers. If T'Chaka did not act so recklessly, his brother may still be alive albeit paying for his treason and T'Challa and his cousin would be raised as kinfolk. If Erik grew to have conflicting ideologies he could have still challenged T'Challa in their ritual battle but he would not be so blinded by hate and loss. Thats why Killmonger is Marvel's best and most nuanced villain imo ... cuz even tho personally I actually cosign a lot of his thought process, and being from Oakland myself, shyt really hits home ... but blindly starting global warfare with no plan (which is actually dumb in the Marvel cinematic universe cuz ... Avengers, lol), forsaking traditions for no regard for the people you may be jeopardizing is not the mark of a leader ... and thats where he and T'Challa are different. Really wanted them to reach some type of understanding at the sunset but when Erik dropped the line of the century :wow: you can see how much it resonated with T'Challa with his subsequent actions after.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Ryan doesn't handle the CGI, ILM does. ILM had to have used the B team on this shyt. Look at the CGI they used in the Infinity War trailer. INFINITELY better. This shyt was looking like X Men Apocalypse at times :scust:

There was many vfx studios houses working on this film not just ILM alone. Anyway this movie will be successful so a bigger budget for the next movie and Ryan will have experience working on a big Disney project. So it should be a win-win.