The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its an even larger play on the feeling of abandonment African-Americans have on a subconscious level about the Motherland.

When T'Challa says "Why didn't we bring the boy back home?" :damn: The shyt hit me...so much subtext about the relationship between Africans and African-Americans in Killmonger's story.

REP :wow:

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
bruh ... this is my favorite marvel movie by far. easily one of my favorite films ever made. :wow:

like most echoed ... Killmonger really shined, his backstory and motivation hits home. T'Challa being so conflicted when he found out was also crazy, the fact that he almost died and first thing he asked his ancestors and father is why they left him was :wow: ... honestly T'Chaka did a huge mistake, even if your brother betrayed his mission, you don't resort to killing him when you could easily restrain him with your panther suit and powers. you definitely dont leave his son abondoned after the fact. He could have taken his brother back for trial and Killmonger too, raised him in Wakanda so even if he grew to have conflicting opinions he wouldnt have been as damaged as he was.

The last line he said to T'Challa man ... :wow:

The acting all around was dope. The Dora Milaje, Letika and Lupita, even Serkis as Klaw ... and of course Boseman as T'Challa ... didnt expect them to get this nuanced with the content. Humor wasnt forced either imo.

Could have easily watched another 2 hours of this if the orginal cut being 4hrs report was true.

Breh we can only hope Coogler does right and release that shyt on blue ray :wow:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm posting this from a page far away from the release so you guys don't spoil me. I'm stuck here in Colombia until Monday, then I have business to take care of in Atlanta but I'm also gonna catch this at an Imax. All before flying out to Rio later that night. Monday is about to be :banderas: for me

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I liked it I will give it 8/10. I personal enjoyed winter soldier, avengers, and guardians of the galaxy 1 &2 more but definitely top 5 marvel movie. I am a x-men Stan and never been a black panther fan but If marvel can put this effort into a x-men movie and repair the tragedy that was storm I would be more than happy.