Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
T'Challa BELONGS as King, that title is HIS and if Hickman hadn't raped his character I think there wouldn't be so much doubt of T'Challa's loyalty to Wakanda and its people. As for Shuri, I feel like it's Coates and Marvel Editorial's job to find Shuri's place, and not as co-ruler or regent. I honestly feel like, with her unwavering Pro-Wakanda attitude she should serve as the head of the Dora Milaje. Which would keep her imortance high enough that she would be the de-facto "number 2" that we were talking about earlier. It would also mean that she stays a major character in the overall BP story

Aneka has already been shown as the leader of the Dora Milaje in Ultimates. I say, either make her the leader of the Hatute Zeraze (fits her pro-wakandan views and actions), or just give her position as princess more political clout and allow her to go on missions, in and out of Wakanda, representing the kingdom and/or the country abroad.
About Shuri

Shuri fans, I have a bad feeling. It's pretty much been left wide open for the next person to determine her fate. That means either Ewing or Coates. At the spot where we left BP, she could easily be written off and phased out of continuity. I mean BP being King again kinda indicates that.

Maaaan, that would be some bullshyt if they did that. And quite silly too. The BP franchise finally gets a supporting character that has some viability outside of the BP mythos in Shuri. To kill her off / phase her out would be a mistake. They should build up on what Hickman did with her. I have my many beefs with Hickman's T'Challa, but Hickman's Shuri was on point and legit.

Also, I noticed that Coates has shouted out a lot the Hickman run of T'Challa. If we're are to have that version of T'Challa come back in the new run in some fashion, then I really would prefer for Shuri to be there too. A pro-wakandan character is needed to balance out the unnecessary kumbaya stuff that I suspect might happen.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You disagree? That's fine we are all entitled to our opinions but he sounds really simple. They are asking you about black panther and your reply is you are really into pop culture? Huh?

Concerning his speech: he's a director and writer, he's not required to be the most eloquent speaker in the room.

Concerning the rest: he just got the gig, it probably was a canned answer. They'll hash out the details as time goes on. And surely his knowledge of the BP mythos will increase by then.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Man Ape :patrice:
_1452728556.jpg

Wakanda is a country filled with warriors, but few are as powerful as M’Baku. Because of his might, he felt only he deserved of the Wakandan throne. After he killed one of the country’s rare white gorillas, ate its flesh, and and mystically became Man-Ape (seriously, this happened), he challenged T’Challa to a battle. However, Black Panther proved to be his better, and Man-Ape was defeated. He remains one of Black Panther’s chief enemies, but he’s also tangled with other Marvel heroes and joined a few supervillain teams. Aside from having to tone down the ritual where he becomes Man-Ape (this will be PG-13, after all), Man-Ape could easily work as Black Panther’s main antagonist. Like his comic book counterpart, he would want to bring Wakanda back to a primitive state by any means necessary. However, it might be more interesting if he worked with another lead villain.

Batroc The Leaper :jbhmm:
_1452728500.jpg

he last time was saw mercenary Georges Batroc, he’d just had his ass handed to him by Steve Rogers aboard the Lemurian Star in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and was later captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. Although Batroc the Leaper is primarily Captain America's adversary, he did fight Black Panther in the 2005 miniseries of the same name, and was also a supporting villain in BET’s Black Panther animated series. He doesn’t have a personal grudge against T’Challa, it’s just that he’s been paid to cause him trouble. If the movie follows the comics relatively closely, then Batroc will be hired by the main villain (most likely by Ulysses Klaw, who we’ll get to later) to help infiltrate Wakanda, though eventually he’d be taken out by either Black Panther or one of his bodyguards. Since Batroc is one of the few MCU villains who hasn’t been killed, it would be wise to feature him again as a supporting antagonist and let him show off more of his fighting skills.

White Wolf :manny:
_1452728547.jpg

Not everyone in T’Challa’s family has been a force for good. When his parents died in a plane crash in Wakanda, a young boy named Hunter was adopted by king T’Chaka. Hunter grew up jealous of his brother T’Challa, but as an adult he earned his own honor when he became the head of Wakanda’s secret police, the Hatut Zeraze, and he became White Wolf. Unfortunately for Hunter, after T’Challa took the throne, he disbanded the Hatut Zeraze due to their brutal practices. Hunter was obviously angry at his brother and decided to leave Wakanda with his men to become mercenaries. Although Hunter and T’Challa never battled in the comics, their background could easily be shifted to that they become adversaries in Black Panther. We saw how well the antagonistic sibling relationship worked in the Thor movies, and it could be the same for these two. Jealous of T’Challa and angry that his line of work has been taken away, White Wolf tr

Erik Killmonger :ehh:
_1452728542.jpg

Erik Killmonger was born in Wakanda as N’Jadaka, but after his father was forced into helping Ulysses Klaw and died in the process, he and his family were exiled from the nation. Growing up, Erik held nothing but contempt for how king T’Chaka had failed Wakanda, and after earning several degrees, he located T’Challa to carry out his revenge plan. Accepted back into Wakanda, Erik secretly worked to take over the country, and despite his scheme being stopped, he’s never stopped trying to overthrow T’Challa, even succeeding a couple times. Erik could lead a similar coup in the MCU. After Captain America: Civil War, T’Challa may decide that Wakanda shouldn't be so isolationist anymore, drawing the ire of some of the countries most prominent figures. Erik wouldn’t even have to have been exiled from the country and make a grand return. Instead, he could be shown as one of T’Challa’s closest advisors, and disagreeing with his king’s new views, he would attempt to start a revolution to put himself on the throne.

Ulysses Klaue
_1452728552.jpg

If you’re familiar with Black Panther’s history, you know that Ulysses Klaw is the prime candidate for the movie’s lead villain. Klaue (as it’s spelled in the MCU) made his debut last year in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It’s already been established that, like his comic book counterpart, he’s obsessed with vibranium and earned himself a brand on the neck for stealing the rare metal from Wakanda. When we last saw him, he just had his arm ripped off by Ultron, but on the bright side, he was billions of dollars richer. Although not outright stated, it’s a good bet that Andy Serkis will reprise Klaue at some point, so he might as well be brought back in the movie starring his arch-nemesis. Like Klaw, Serkis’ Klaue will likely try to seize all of Wakanda’s vibranium supply with an army, and at this point he’ll have his new prosthetic arm that shoots powerful sound blasts. We’re also betting that the final battle between Klaue and Black Panther will somehow result in being transformed into familiar "solid sound" form, thus setting the stage for him becoming an even bigger threat in either Black Panther 2 or a different Marvel movie.

5 Black Panther Villains The Movie May Use

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Anybody except Man-Ape.

I don't want to see a Black Man, villian or otherwise referred to as "Ape" in ANY movie, yet alone a Major Motion picture. fukk that

White Wolf or Kilmonger would be the best secondary villains, especially Kilmonger if you set him up as the primary antagonist for BP part 2

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Man Ape :patrice:
_1452728556.jpg

Wakanda is a country filled with warriors, but few are as powerful as M’Baku. Because of his might, he felt only he deserved of the Wakandan throne. After he killed one of the country’s rare white gorillas, ate its flesh, and and mystically became Man-Ape (seriously, this happened), he challenged T’Challa to a battle. However, Black Panther proved to be his better, and Man-Ape was defeated. He remains one of Black Panther’s chief enemies, but he’s also tangled with other Marvel heroes and joined a few supervillain teams. Aside from having to tone down the ritual where he becomes Man-Ape (this will be PG-13, after all), Man-Ape could easily work as Black Panther’s main antagonist. Like his comic book counterpart, he would want to bring Wakanda back to a primitive state by any means necessary. However, it might be more interesting if he worked with another lead villain.

Batroc The Leaper :jbhmm:
_1452728500.jpg

he last time was saw mercenary Georges Batroc, he’d just had his ass handed to him by Steve Rogers aboard the Lemurian Star in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and was later captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. Although Batroc the Leaper is primarily Captain America's adversary, he did fight Black Panther in the 2005 miniseries of the same name, and was also a supporting villain in BET’s Black Panther animated series. He doesn’t have a personal grudge against T’Challa, it’s just that he’s been paid to cause him trouble. If the movie follows the comics relatively closely, then Batroc will be hired by the main villain (most likely by Ulysses Klaw, who we’ll get to later) to help infiltrate Wakanda, though eventually he’d be taken out by either Black Panther or one of his bodyguards. Since Batroc is one of the few MCU villains who hasn’t been killed, it would be wise to feature him again as a supporting antagonist and let him show off more of his fighting skills.

White Wolf :manny:
_1452728547.jpg

Not everyone in T’Challa’s family has been a force for good. When his parents died in a plane crash in Wakanda, a young boy named Hunter was adopted by king T’Chaka. Hunter grew up jealous of his brother T’Challa, but as an adult he earned his own honor when he became the head of Wakanda’s secret police, the Hatut Zeraze, and he became White Wolf. Unfortunately for Hunter, after T’Challa took the throne, he disbanded the Hatut Zeraze due to their brutal practices. Hunter was obviously angry at his brother and decided to leave Wakanda with his men to become mercenaries. Although Hunter and T’Challa never battled in the comics, their background could easily be shifted to that they become adversaries in Black Panther. We saw how well the antagonistic sibling relationship worked in the Thor movies, and it could be the same for these two. Jealous of T’Challa and angry that his line of work has been taken away, White Wolf tr

Erik Killmonger :ehh:
_1452728542.jpg

Erik Killmonger was born in Wakanda as N’Jadaka, but after his father was forced into helping Ulysses Klaw and died in the process, he and his family were exiled from the nation. Growing up, Erik held nothing but contempt for how king T’Chaka had failed Wakanda, and after earning several degrees, he located T’Challa to carry out his revenge plan. Accepted back into Wakanda, Erik secretly worked to take over the country, and despite his scheme being stopped, he’s never stopped trying to overthrow T’Challa, even succeeding a couple times. Erik could lead a similar coup in the MCU. After Captain America: Civil War, T’Challa may decide that Wakanda shouldn't be so isolationist anymore, drawing the ire of some of the countries most prominent figures. Erik wouldn’t even have to have been exiled from the country and make a grand return. Instead, he could be shown as one of T’Challa’s closest advisors, and disagreeing with his king’s new views, he would attempt to start a revolution to put himself on the throne.

Ulysses Klaue
_1452728552.jpg

If you’re familiar with Black Panther’s history, you know that Ulysses Klaw is the prime candidate for the movie’s lead villain. Klaue (as it’s spelled in the MCU) made his debut last year in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It’s already been established that, like his comic book counterpart, he’s obsessed with vibranium and earned himself a brand on the neck for stealing the rare metal from Wakanda. When we last saw him, he just had his arm ripped off by Ultron, but on the bright side, he was billions of dollars richer. Although not outright stated, it’s a good bet that Andy Serkis will reprise Klaue at some point, so he might as well be brought back in the movie starring his arch-nemesis. Like Klaw, Serkis’ Klaue will likely try to seize all of Wakanda’s vibranium supply with an army, and at this point he’ll have his new prosthetic arm that shoots powerful sound blasts. We’re also betting that the final battle between Klaue and Black Panther will somehow result in being transformed into familiar "solid sound" form, thus setting the stage for him becoming an even bigger threat in either Black Panther 2 or a different Marvel movie.

5 Black Panther Villains The Movie May Use

Klaw and Killmonger would be my picks for the first solo and the sequel respectively, with White Wolf as the dark horse pick.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BP HIMSELF used the Gauntlet to reset the universe. I HIGHLY doubt he'd erase the existence of his own sister
It's up to Coates. I mean we've seen time and time again in history how new writers have added things and subtracted stuff previous writers brought to the table. Shuri herself was introduced when Hudlin took the reigns. I would like to think that Coates would keep her around if only on the basis of having a strong female character in support, but I dunno. I just won't be shocked if that No.1 drops and she's nowhere in sight.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Was scrolling through this thread....fam...that hairline....low key, its as if the other characters on panel are reacting to it while talking.:dead:

Captain Marvel been with War Machine, so she knows a breh's fukked up cut when she sees one. Straight up cringing:scusthov:

America Chavez so disgusted, she rather text can look at him:scust:

Monica is ready to bust out laughing:pachaha:

And Adam...look at dude's face, he trying to be professional while straight up thinking ":dahell:"

T'Challa better hit up Shuri's barber. :jbhmm:

2455927-shuri.jpg

T'Chaka facepalming in panther heaven:snoop:

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody except Man-Ape.

I don't want to see a Black Man, villian or otherwise referred to as "Ape" in ANY movie, yet alone a Major Motion picture. fukk that

White Wolf or Kilmonger would be the best secondary villains, especially Kilmonger if you set him up as the primary antagonist for BP part 2

I feel you about Man Ape. I like the character and he'd be a great secondary villain yeah...Maybe if they just used Mbaku?

I like Achebe. He's psycho, brilliant, sadistic, and has ties to the supernatural....

Honestly, Klaw is a weak villain. But the history he has with BP makes him essential.