Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Or somebody at Marvel eased up and chose their words more carefully
Nah it's more a case of coogler being more accommodating to whatever marvels plans are whereas duvernay was most likely staunch, they didn't have to re-word shyt they probably have a more ambitious eager to please candidate on their hands. Dude threw away the chance to take the creed Il to another level instead to cut and paste for a machine, I hope it is all worth it

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The Queen.

3f7194f75b3d28956d410c922a862f30.jpg

We could learn about Wakanda and fall in love with it as she does.

But it won't happen; Hudlin's run is looking more and more like the definitive version of BP.:mjcry:

But hey, we made it. :obama:

Whoa, that's a random choice:pachaha:

I fukks with QDJ though. Hoping she comes back in the Coates run.:obama:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Excessive cheese, like I said before we can do better. The "African-centric" look shouldn't mean our queens have to drop in attraction or look like bobby.

So you think Lupita and Danai are ugly? That's your issue?

You think it was an accident black widow was in ironman/cap sequels? Or kat Jennings with her fun bags was cast in thor? That's how you increase tickets at the box office not by hiring alek weks wakanda or no wakanda. There are many sirens with afro-centric features the hell are you so hell bent on these 2 for? :why:

1. Lupita >>>>>>>>> Danai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alek Wek.

2. Scarlett Johansson was casted as Black Widow, as well as featured in various films for the same reason I and so many others online are casting Lupita for Shuri: a big name who can act and actually looks the part.
3. You really think people check for the Thor film cuz of Kat Dennings?! :russ:

4. Have you read the comics? Cuz Lupita and Danai look just like Shuri and Aneka.

Shuri
1341766-picture_4.png

Aneka

1158049-aneka_super.jpg

They literally look the part. We've been complaining throughout the years of various fictional and non-fictional black characters, and black women specifically, not looking the way they are supposed to be on film *cough* STORM *cough*. I'm proposing two women who look dead on like the characters.

5. Whether you like it or not, those two actresses, especially Lupita, have a strong following. Danai due to her role as Michonne in the Walking Dead and Lupita in general. Lupita being featured in the film, especially if she had a big role in it, will absolutely help the ticket sales. She's waaayyyyyyyyyy more popular than Chadwick himself, both in the US and abroad. It's not even close.

6. We aren't looking for "sirens" for these two characters. These two are highly-trained warriors with a distinct look: one with short hair, dark skin, and straight up african features (Shuri) and one who's straight up bald, dark skin, and straight up african features. You want "sirens"? That's what Monica Lynne is for.

7. Most importantly, these two actresses are actually good at their damn jobs. We are talking about an Academy-Award winner (Lupita) and a well-respected Actress (Danai). With a solid / great script, they will do their parts justice, or even more than that.

Chadwick boseman isn't that crossover guy and he's the lead, you want 2 acquired taste females attached to it too? Do you want this to do numbers?

If you don't think having a very popular academy-award winning actress (Lupita) and a well-respected actress who's featured in one of the most popular shows today (Danai) will NOT help the ticket sales, numbers, and promotion of the film, then I don't know what to tell you.

Add those two with the rest of the people I've fan-casted, and you have a solid group surrounding Chadwick. You not only have black men be all in for this film (for obvious reasons) but the women as well, guaranteed.​

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Marvel wouldn't let Ava maker her type of movie.

So what changed in Ryan being able to make his. Or did he just agree to their terms :patrice:

Perhaps the success of Creed gave him that extra juice to get better terms during negotiations?

Plus, Coogler basically entered an established universe and gave it new life. That has to count for something.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

5. Whether you like it or not, those two actresses, especially Lupita, have a strong following. Danai due to her role as Michonne in the Walking Dead and Lupita in general. Lupita being featured in the film, especially if she had a big role in it, will absolutely help the ticket sales. She's waaayyyyyyyyyy more popular than Chadwick himself, both in the US and abroad. It's not even close.

6. We aren't looking for "sirens" for these two characters. These two are highly-trained warriors with a distinct look: one with short hair, dark skin, and straight up african features (Shuri) and one who's straight up bald, dark skin, and straight up african features. You want "sirens"? That's what Monica Lynne is for.

7. Most importantly, these two actresses are actually good at their damn jobs. We are talking about an Academy-Award winner (Lupita) and a well-respected Actress (Danai). With a solid / great script, they will do their parts justice, or even more than that.

If you don't think having a very popular academy-award winning actress (Lupita) and a well-respected actress who's featured in one of the most popular shows today (Danai) will NOT help the ticket sales, numbers, and promotion of the film, then I don't know what to tell you.

Add those two with the rest of the people I've fan-casted, and you have a solid group surrounding Chadwick. You not only have black men be all in for this film (for obvious reasons) but the women as well, guaranteed.​

:dahell:How could they not cast Lupita? She has to be a part of this.

I hope Danai gets in there.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:dahell:How could they not cast Lupita? She has to be a part of this.

I hope Danai gets in there.

Real shyt, its the biggest open layup of a casting choice. Looks the part, can act, has acting cred, and is a big name in the mainstream. Only reason she doesn't get the role is because she flat out declines. And I don't see her declining this one.

I hope Danai gets a good role in the film as well.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I totally believe Marvel is going to give Coogler much more creative freedom than Ava. Coogler has a bigger resume and is more in demand. That's how Hollywood works. Bigger name/more clout gets more freedom.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I totally believe Marvel is going to give Coogler much more creative freedom than Ava. Coogler has a bigger resume and is more in demand. That's how Hollywood works. Bigger name/more clout gets more freedom.

I don't know about Coogler having a bigger resume, Ava's resume is just as solid. Her film nominated for an oscar and she did a bunch of short films and tv eps. Coogler is mostly short films plus Fruitvale and Creed.

Ultimately, Ava probably had one way in mind of doing it and it didn't match what Marvel wanted, or vice verse. Thankfully, she was honest enough to pass up on the project, rather than compromise herself or even the film.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Secret Wars finale is out..

@Realdealholy You and me called it.

It was all set up. ALL OF IT to make Reed Richards the fukking white savior that Hickman always wanted him to be

I don't EVER want to hear not one muthafukka on these forums who has an ounce of black blood coursing through their veins say that Hickman's portrayal of T'Challa was a "respectful" representation. It will be neg on S-I-G-H-T:ufdup:

Here's the silver lining they gave to BP fans to set up the BP solo series.

SPOILERS

Wakanda is BACK and T'Challa is once again King

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Secret Wars finale is out..

@Realdealholy You and me called it.

It was all set up. ALL OF IT to make Reed Richards the fukking white savior that Hickman always wanted him to be

I don't EVER want to hear not one muthafukka on these forums who has an ounce of black blood coursing through their veins say that Hickman's portrayal of T'Challa was a "respectful" representation. It will be neg on S-I-G-H-T:ufdup:

Here's the silver lining they gave to BP fans to set up the BP solo series.

SPOILERS

Wakanda is BACK and T'Challa is once again King

*sigh*

As expect, not much of a payoff if at all to make up for all the stuff he went through. Not surprised.

More importantly:

if he indeed managed to go back in time, how does T'Challa even become King? By definition, everyone is back and Shuri should still be queen. And thats just one question of many I have.

If you are a fantastic four fan, you ate real good. This was essentially a fantastic four story. Outside of that...

Last edited: