Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In regards to his abilities, comic wise (and film to a lesser extent).

I actually don't care too much for the whole peak human stuff, since every black character created tends to be relegated to that or be that "street level" type. (Blade, BP, Falcon, black Nick Fury, Luke Cage w/ exceptions, etc). The others like War Machine or Blue Marvel are pretty much after thoughts, in recent years anyway.

So i'd like to see BP be more than just an athletic guy who knows karate. I've always had 2 trains of thought with him:

One path is i would want him to be hi-tech; not in an iron man sort of way but as in hacking, stealth, cloaking, etc. I love his kimoyo card and would want him to be able to hack any machine robot cyborg, security cam or computer, even if temporarily before any of the defense systems of the more high-tech hack victims kicked in. I'd want it to be able to fukk with Iron Man's systems and have Stark genuinely concerned/awed at how capable BP's all-encompassing tech-card is. I'd also want cloaking and other stealth aspects... like an actual damn black panther at night, in the jungle, stalking it's prey who can't see shyt, b/c the panther is all but invisible until shyt is too late. That plus his energy daggers that can be charged to different energy levels (Priest kinda did this iirc). I mean shyt, Fox got Gambit, so might as well let BP spam some of that concept ol boy does with the cards, but bigger brighter and better... and with daggers.

Other path would've been a more idealized king of the dead shtick... in which i would've given him dominion over all low to mid tier "dead" people; i.e. zombies, vampires, some demons, etc. All the high end dracula types would be able to resist him but everyone else would be fair game. I also would've had him be able to summon the abilities if not the presence of past black panthers as well... not just to shoot the shyt with dialogue but to actually fight, give him some spirit energy or let it run through him on some dbz kaoken x 10 shyt, or have him collect the energy from willing souls and release it on some energy blast, spirit bomb shyt. I loved how Priest had all those astral plane black panthers show up and fukk up Memphisto, so even if he could summon up some actual spirit panthers (symbolizing the past ones) for certain attacks. Like have Dr Strange cameo talkin to BP bout how breh can do a lot of damage with all this mystic abilities he inherited from t'chaka and the rest. Even if he doesn't keep these abilities and goes back to athletic karate guy, i would've loved to have seen a power boost like this, however brief just to switch shyt up for once.

Hell, with the MCU, i know the mystic stuff is probably doing too much with king of the dead but i'd love for the high tech stuff to at least come into play in his future appearances and films (if not in his debut solo movie).

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Black Panther better be at least strong as Cap just his abilities come from a more supernatural type of origin.

As we saw in the trailer, he might be faster than Cap, and sent Winter Soldier flying with a drop kick. His strength and agility won't be a problem.

What we should be really looking for, imho, is:

- How respected is he when around other characters? He is probably smarter than all of them and is an actual head of state with diplomatic immunity. They can't punk him like they might others.

-How does the movie handle his intellect and foresight: not only is he extremely smart, but he has the tendency of thinking many steps ahead.

-A clear W: obviously this is Cap's movie feat. Iron Man. T'Challa is the third wheel here, so he won't command the most attention nor will he have the biggest feats. He might even get combo'd here and there and may even take an L. However, he needs a clear, decisive W, just to show the audience (and the characters in the movie) that he means business and he's a force to be reckoned with.

-Above all, No chumping / c00ning: Nothing wrong with taking an L (not saying its guaranteed that he will, but we must be ready for it), again its not his movie. He's the third wheel. However, there are many ways for it to happen without chumping him outright. The Russos were able to do just that in Winter Soldier with all their main characters so I expect the same. Of course, no c00ning. However, the Russos have a good track record with how well they handled Falcon. They've earned a lot of goodwill on that front, so I'll trust their judgement until otherwise.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Oh and @Ziggiy
my bad bro, i was actually talking about within the comics, not the movie. I re-read what you were sayin about the foreigner and bringing in a new character, and it dawned on me :russ:

I absolutely agree, none of that needs to be in the movie. Chick has to be wakandan or just straight up black in his debut film, no question. But in cultivating BP in the comics, I would want them to expand more on his love life. wakanda chicks, superheroines, miscellaneous bad bytches with powers, etc

LOL I thought you were talking about the movies as well for a minute. I was like, I feel you but....:patrice:.

Yea, for the movie, if there is a love interest, she has to be black. I'm very uncompromising on that issue.

For comics....I much prefer that he's with a black person, but I'm not as radical about it for whatever reason.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
LOL I thought you were talking about the movies as well for a minute. I was like, I feel you but....:patrice:.

Yea, for the movie, if there is a love interest, she has to be black. I'm very uncompromising on that issue.

For comics....I much prefer that he's with a black person, but I'm not as radical about it for whatever reason.

lol yea i see where the confusion was. my bad on that

I'll say this though with the comics: T'Challa will literally be around forever and a day, and will always be linked to Monica Lynn and Storm as his primaries, so I don't care the race or cultural make up of his secondary women b/c his true love is already established. Black Cat is never seriously going to be with Peter Parker but she serves as a fun time-passer whenever there's a breather from MJ or Gwen. Same with Silk. 50+ years of history and Spidey got his share of women despite having his two primaries used in every movie and "final ending" story.

The important thing imo is BP not turning into a namekian whenever he's not involved with his two primaries... especially when one of them is pretty dull and the other has editorial politics. Breh shouldn't be a hermit nor be like one of those hollywood white women on her 7th marriage b/c it's gotta be all or nothin with no inbetween.

That's why i feel Storm or Rambeau should always be that 3rd or final one (the 'ideal' woman for him) and why i'd have one be a wakandan woman... b/c that's his country and homeland. And then have one that's on some far out there left shyt. His "black cat" type for fukkery but with a bit more prestige/class.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
T'Challa and his youth will literally outlive us all, so while his movies should have a certain structure and cast that sticks close to home for every new generation...

in the books I'd like to see a female ethiopian or eritrean superhero who he cross paths with in a story, or an egyptian goddess who fancies him, or flirtations with another chick on the avengers. just something different and fun.. we just got 4-5 years of straight gloom and doom and brooding crap, with nothing to show for it but 2-3 pages of him talking to zombies.

so he needs to be gettin bytches, and he needs to be flexin on muhfukkas with his tech or mystic abilities. IMO

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
As we saw in the trailer, he might be faster than Cap, and sent Winter Soldier flying with a drop kick. His strength and agility won't be a problem.

What we should be really looking for, imho, is:

- How respected is he when around other characters? He is probably smarter than all of them and is an actual head of state with diplomatic immunity. They can't punk him like they might others.

-How does the movie handle his intellect and foresight: not only is he extremely smart, but he has the tendency of thinking many steps ahead.

-A clear W: obviously this is Cap's movie feat. Iron Man. T'Challa is the third wheel here, so he won't command the most attention nor will he have the biggest feats. He might even get combo'd here and there and may even take an L. However, he needs a clear, decisive W, just to show the audience (and the characters in the movie) that he means business and he's a force to be reckoned with.

-Above all, No chumping / c00ning: Nothing wrong with taking an L (not saying its guaranteed that he will, but we must be ready for it), again its not his movie. He's the third wheel. However, there are many ways for it to happen without chumping him outright. The Russos were able to do just that in Winter Soldier with all their main characters so I expect the same. Of course, no c00ning. However, the Russos have a good track record with how well they handled Falcon. They've earned a lot of goodwill on that front, so I'll trust their judgement until otherwise.
True though I do hope his heightened senses and tracking is also included in this one as well.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Random shyt...Chadwick's a Harold Miner stan :wtf:

0411_dmlo_boseman_42_5589752_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

Props for him shouting out Malcolm X and his own father. :obama:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In regards to his abilities, comic wise (and film to a lesser extent).

I actually don't care too much for the whole peak human stuff, since every black character created tends to be relegated to that or be that "street level" type. (Blade, BP, Falcon, black Nick Fury, Luke Cage w/ exceptions, etc). The others like War Machine or Blue Marvel are pretty much after thoughts, in recent years anyway.

So i'd like to see BP be more than just an athletic guy who knows karate. I've always had 2 trains of thought with him:

One path is i would want him to be hi-tech; not in an iron man sort of way but as in hacking, stealth, cloaking, etc. I love his kimoyo card and would want him to be able to hack any machine robot cyborg, security cam or computer, even if temporarily before any of the defense systems of the more high-tech hack victims kicked in. I'd want it to be able to fukk with Iron Man's systems and have Stark genuinely concerned/awed at how capable BP's all-encompassing tech-card is. I'd also want cloaking and other stealth aspects... like an actual damn black panther at night, in the jungle, stalking it's prey who can't see shyt, b/c the panther is all but invisible until shyt is too late. That plus his energy daggers that can be charged to different energy levels (Priest kinda did this iirc). I mean shyt, Fox got Gambit, so might as well let BP spam some of that concept ol boy does with the cards, but bigger brighter and better... and with daggers.

Other path would've been a more idealized king of the dead shtick... in which i would've given him dominion over all low to mid tier "dead" people; i.e. zombies, vampires, some demons, etc. All the high end dracula types would be able to resist him but everyone else would be fair game. I also would've had him be able to summon the abilities if not the presence of past black panthers as well... not just to shoot the shyt with dialogue but to actually fight, give him some spirit energy or let it run through him on some dbz kaoken x 10 shyt, or have him collect the energy from willing souls and release it on some energy blast, spirit bomb shyt. I loved how Priest had all those astral plane black panthers show up and fukk up Memphisto, so even if he could summon up some actual spirit panthers (symbolizing the past ones) for certain attacks. Like have Dr Strange cameo talkin to BP bout how breh can do a lot of damage with all this mystic abilities he inherited from t'chaka and the rest. Even if he doesn't keep these abilities and goes back to athletic karate guy, i would've loved to have seen a power boost like this, however brief just to switch shyt up for once.

Hell, with the MCU, i know the mystic stuff is probably doing too much with king of the dead but i'd love for the high tech stuff to at least come into play in his future appearances and films (if not in his debut solo movie).

I'm with you on ALL of this EXCEPT I'm :whoa: on him not having peak abilities as that's what the point of the Heart shaped Herb is for, that's something that makes Wakanda unique and legitimizes the Black Panther title.

Everything else I'm good with

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And that's not to say that I have low expectations for Coates run, but i will say that i wasn't as hyped for another political uprising story... not after Priest already did his thing
I'm with you on ALL of this EXCEPT I'm :whoa: on him not having peak abilities as that's what the point of the Heart shaped Herb is for, that's something that makes Wakanda unique and legitimizes the Black Panther title.

Everything else I'm good with
Yea i should've said not cool with him "just" having the peak human stuff. I don't think he should regress in his physical abilities, i just don't want that to be the only thing he has going for him. He should be as quick, fast, and strong as should be expected due to the herb and his own training, but his greatest attribute should either be his mind (via his tech, like the kimoyo card) or his heritage (the black panther blessings giving him the KOD/ghost spirit/zombie command attributes)... or shyt, both/all three!

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BP should be treated like the Predator with a little of Noob Saibot(from MK) mixed in. Moves in and out like a shadow, cloaking tech, teleportation tech, you can't see him but he can see you.etc. Dude is practically a ninja and should be portrayed as such. This is a guy you wouldn't want on your tail.