Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I feel you about Man Ape. I like the character and he'd be a great secondary villain yeah...Maybe if they just used Mbaku?

I like Achebe. He's psycho, brilliant, sadistic, and has ties to the supernatural....

Honestly, Klaw is a weak villain. But the history he has with BP makes him essential.

Completely forgot about Achebe. I say he'd be great for the sequel, most def.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
#dope

tumblr_o0ub90iJqk1tf70vho1_1280.jpg

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think White Wolf could be Black Panthers Hush and really terrorize him on a personal level. Klaw obviously should be the main dude but:ehh: Panther has some candidates for his first and sequels. Him, Doc Strange, and Thor 3 are what I'm looking forward to the most.:wow:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think White Wolf could be Black Panthers Hush and really terrorize him on a personal level. Klaw obviously should be the main dude but:ehh: Panther has some candidates for his first and sequels. Him, Doc Strange, and Thor 3 are what I'm looking forward to the most.:wow:

Don't know anything about Hush, but WW is so dope.

That philosophical beef with Panther :ahh:
That yearning to come home :ahh:
That invisible troop that's always with him:ahh:
That sibling rivalry:ahh:

How is Klaw the main and worst villain at the same damn time?:francis:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Don't know anything about Hush, but WW is so dope.

That philosophical beef with Panther :ahh:
That yearning to come home :ahh:
That invisible troop that's always with him:ahh:
That sibling rivalry:ahh:

How is Klaw the main and worst villain at the same damn time?:francis:

Hush harrasses the hell out of Batman and was a childhood friend who grew to hate Bruce Wayne and eventually Batman. Beillant, ruthless , and he has kicked his ass before.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ideally i'd want T'Challa to have 3 love interests. One of them being Wakandan with a similar premise to what the black prince has in East of West, in which dude's s/o is his father's/the king's royal advisor (so it's complications b/c he and his father beef and she ultimately has her allegiances tested). But with BP, I would have her be his top priestess, powerful magic-wielder and a fairly moderate but leaning more 'of the old ways' view, to contrast with T'Challa's. I'd also have it where, similar to the Dora, she's not supposed to be a mate, so them sleepin together is both forbidden secret as well as a complicated love/lust frenemy thing, as they don't agree with each other politically.

I'd have his 2nd love interest be a foreigner. If they hadn't have made her a viking dike, i'd have said Angela (from Spawn fame, who I felt could've had a Wonder Woman vibe to her if they had gone a different route). Just something completely different, left field, unconventional. But a woman with power, prestige and/or royalty. Alternatively, if Shang Chi's sister (if she still existed) had turned out to take over her father's kingdom but had grown a little edgier/powerful in the mystic arts since we last saw her early in Hudlin's run, that would've been something else too. Basically one that could take him to Asgard or China or just different adventures on occasions.

Storm would be the ideal 3rd one (the "perfect" woman" for him). Or Rambeau, like has been mentioned before, but Rambeau is with Blue Marvel and Storm has dirty politics... so i'd want his third one to be an ongoing flirtation with one of the classier women of the Avengers. I think those 3 types would cover all bases of fukkery and romance

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ideally i'd want T'Challa to have 3 love interests. One of them being Wakandan with a similar premise to what the black prince has in East of West, in which dude's s/o is his father's/the king's royal advisor (so it's complications b/c he and his father beef and she ultimately has her allegiances tested). But with BP, I would have her be his top priestess, powerful magic-wielder and a fairly moderate but leaning more 'of the old ways' view, to contrast with T'Challa's. I'd also have it where, similar to the Dora, she's not supposed to be a mate, so them sleepin together is both forbidden secret as well as a complicated love/lust frenemy thing, as they don't agree with each other politically.

I'd have his 2nd love interest be a foreigner. If they hadn't have made her a viking dike, i'd have said Angela (from Spawn fame, who I felt could've had a Wonder Woman vibe to her if they had gone a different route). Just something completely different, left field, unconventional. But a woman with power, prestige and/or royalty. Alternatively, if Shang Chi's sister (if she still existed) had turned out to take over her father's kingdom but had grown a little edgier/powerful in the mystic arts since we last saw her early in Hudlin's run, that would've been something else too. Basically one that could take him to Asgard or China or just different adventures on occasions.

Storm would be the ideal 3rd one (the "perfect" woman" for him). Or Rambeau, like has been mentioned before, but Rambeau is with Blue Marvel and Storm has dirty politics... so i'd want his third one to be an ongoing flirtation with one of the classier women of the Avengers. I think those 3 types would cover all bases of fukkery and romance

So basically you'd want the first option to be a Thor/Sif type relationship where there's tension but no actual physical romance:patrice: I'd have to consider how I feel about that. Under normal circumstances that could be very good for characterization, the only reason I'd be hesitant to go down that path is two fold

A). I don't want even a HINT of an Asexual T'Challa who doesn't get a true love interest, Hollywood LOVES putting their Black males in romantically neutered positions. In a Universe where Tony Stark, Thor, Scott Lang, and even Bruce Banner get it on, I want no less than that for T'Challa, a King who is highly intelligent, good looking, and regal. So my fear that a "will they/won't they" type of relationship would end up as something that is relegated to the back burner and not properly explored or expounded upon

B). I'm not sure that Sexualizing the Dora Milaje (even as legit love interests) would be the best idea. For their MCU debut they'd already need to get rid of the "wives in training" aspect (feminists would have a FIELD DAY) so keeping them as fierce, loyal Wakandans who can kick ass probably works better.

His 2nd love interest as a foreigner I don't really agree with. Not only would you have to introduce a brand new character, her origins, and where she fits within the MCU, you would also have to take precious screen time AWAY from Wakanda, which would work just about as well as the first Thor (I.e. Not very well) you already have to set up Wakanda, it's culture, hierarchy, and the history behind its technological advancement. You also have to potentially introduce Shuri, a secondly villain besides Klaw, along with whatever the central plot will be. Introducing Shang Chi's daughter is WHOLE new can of worms. T'Challa's love interest should definitely be smart, independent, and capable of holding her own (COUGH Monica Rambeu COUGH) and she should ALSO be a black woman.

I don't recall Monica being involved romantically with Blue Marvel. I DO recall Monica and T'Challa teaming up repeatedly (now their part of their own series Ultimates together) and Monica valuing T'Challa's mentor-ship (and showing a hint of jealousy towards Storm)

T'Challa and Storm would ALWAYS be my number one choice, but for obvious reasons that will not come to pass:mjcry: hell if I was T'Challa one of the FIRST things I would've done at the end of Secret Wars is

Use that Time/Reality Gem to go back and make sure that my marriage was still in tact.My nikka T'Challa saved Wakanda, regained his Kingship, but let THIS go

Nah Breh it ain't right....it AINT RIGHT:damn:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So basically you'd want the first option to be a Thor/Sif type relationship where there's tension but no actual physical romance:patrice:

Nah breh, i may have misspoke but in this scenario I would want there to be physical romance, blatant lol. With both of them knowing that if people ever found out, or if they're romance went public, they would both have some explaining to do.

It'd be like a remix of the Dora Milaje in that he was flippin out when he kissed Malice (under Mephisto's manipulation) b/c he knew of the political ramifications if things were interpreted a cetain way.. plus she was basically barely above a teenager. So this one with a priestess would be a much more grown version, in which they'd both be guilty. And she'd be a top priestess/political figure in Wakanda in her own right, so it'd be like the two most prominent figures in Wakanda are naturally attracted to each other and are acting on it but they know they can't continue it, but keep on slipping up.

I think it just makes for a nice twist. and gives T'Challa a bad ass Wakanda woman without having to go down that logical path of "well shyt, why not just marry her then" right away.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
His 2nd love interest as a foreigner I don't really agree with. Not only would you have to introduce a brand new character, her origins, and where she fits within the MCU, you would also have to take precious screen time AWAY from Wakanda, which would work just about as well as the first Thor (I.e. Not very well) you already have to set up Wakanda, it's culture, hierarchy, and the history behind its technological advancement. You also have to potentially introduce Shuri, a secondly villain besides Klaw, along with whatever the central plot will be. Introducing Shang Chi's daughter is WHOLE new can of worms. T'Challa's love interest should definitely be smart, independent, and capable of holding her own (COUGH Monica Rambeu COUGH) and she should ALSO be a black woman.

I don't recall Monica being involved romantically with Blue Marvel. I DO recall Monica and T'Challa teaming up repeatedly (now their part of their own series Ultimates together) and Monica valuing T'Challa's mentor-ship (and showing a hint of jealousy towards Storm)

T'Challa and Storm would ALWAYS be my number one choice, but for obvious reasons that will not come to pass:mjcry: hell if I was T'Challa one of the FIRST things I would've done at the end of Secret Wars is

Use that Time/Reality Gem to go back and make sure that my marriage was still in tact.My nikka T'Challa saved Wakanda, regained his Kingship, but let THIS go

Nah Breh it ain't right....it AINT RIGHT:damn:

Foreigner is just another way of me saying a current marvel woman outside of Wakanda, but not necessarily one on a team like Storm or Monica.

Think of it like this: I'm completely against the a-sexual black male and with that said I firmly believe that if T'Challa is this tall, dark and handsome billionaire Afrikan king, then i don't think it would make sense for him to just have one female character who is digging him, or that he would be adventuring outside of Wakanda and not have different women be tryin to snag him up. That doesn't mean he goes from one long serious relationship to another, but I think the prospects of it need to be entertained. Sort of how Hudlin briefly entertained it before going straight to the Storm marriage.

So sort of how Spiderman has MJ, Black Cat, Silk, Gwen Stacy, and Silver Sable (all vastly different)
or Batman has Selina, Talia, and a dozen others (depending on the time of day, comic, show or movie)
I'd like BP to have an active list. With Storm being the 'ideal' one but until those politics are sorted out with fox/x-men, i gotta see our boy get out the castle in the mean time.

Also, Ewing implied some subtle romance stuff between Adam and Monica towards the end of Mighty Avengers, he had Spider-man point it out.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Oh and @Ziggiy
my bad bro, i was actually talking about within the comics, not the movie. I re-read what you were sayin about the foreigner and bringing in a new character, and it dawned on me :russ:

I absolutely agree, none of that needs to be in the movie. Chick has to be wakandan or just straight up black in his debut film, no question. But in cultivating BP in the comics, I would want them to expand more on his love life. wakanda chicks, superheroines, miscellaneous bad bytches with powers, etc

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Whats the budget for this movie?

I'm hoping Coogler says fukk it and goes all out with this movie.

Make two critically acclaimed movies and receive no noms. fukk it, make a comicbook movie like we've never seen before :ohlawd:

Let him cook Marvel. let him cook :mjcry:

Every Marvel movie's budget is at the LEAST over $100 Million. Considering they have to make Wakanda technologically advanced ABOVE anything we've seen previously, introduce Bast, Klaw's robotic arm, and also use this as a lead in to Infinity War I'd assume the budget will be well above $125 Million (not including Marketing costs)