jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about Coogler having a bigger resume, Ava's resume is just as solid. Her film nominated for an oscar and she did a bunch of short films and tv eps. Coogler is mostly short films plus Fruitvale and Creed.

Ultimately, Ava probably had one way in mind of doing it and it didn't match what Marvel wanted, or vice verse. Thankfully, she was honest enough to pass up on the project, rather than compromise herself or even the film.

Let me add Coogler has the better resume. Creed is over a 100 million dollars. Is universally well received. And some would argue Fruitvale Station is better well received than Selma. Plus no one knows if Ava can handle action well. Which is extremely important. Coogler proved he can. Coogler def has the better resume within Hollywood circles.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This interview with Hickman confirms T'Challa's timeline at the end of SW 9

Hickman & Brevoort Discuss "Secret Wars'" End & Ushering in the New Marvel Universe

He is indeed back at the beginning of New Avengers #1. Whether he used the Time gem or Reality gem isn't specified. They call him an "advocate" who holds the weight of what happened on his shoulders. Potentially suggesting that he remembers the events of SW? Also this should signal that Shuri is in fact alive, though from The Ultimates and the end of SW it's clear that T'Challa is King

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Ryan Coogler on getting the BP gig.

:gladbron:

Didn't know he accepted :leon:

"IT IS LIT, O!"
dzlZ0XB.png
:blessed:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This interview with Hickman confirms T'Challa's timeline at the end of SW 9

Hickman & Brevoort Discuss "Secret Wars'" End & Ushering in the New Marvel Universe

He is indeed back at the beginning of New Avengers #1. Whether he used the Time gem or Reality gem isn't specified. They call him an "advocate" who holds the weight of what happened on his shoulders. Potentially suggesting that he remembers the events of SW? Also this should signal that Shuri is in fact alive, though from The Ultimates and the end of SW it's clear that T'Challa is King

they really better explain how T'Challa becomes king again. Does shuri step down? Does something happen to her? Maybe they co-rule (king and queen). We need answers:damn:.

Also, what happens with the beef with Atlantis? Is it resolved peacefully? How so?

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
We also got a black writer that did the initial screenplay for the movie. Joe Robert Cole, hopefully him and Coogler will mesh well if he's still part of the original production will filming starts.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
they really better explain how T'Challa becomes king again. Does shuri step down? Does something happen to her? Maybe they co-rule (king and queen). We need answers:damn:.

Also, what happens with the beef with Atlantis? Is it resolved peacefully? How so?

T'Challa BELONGS as King, that title is HIS and if Hickman hadn't raped his character I think there wouldn't be so much doubt of T'Challa's loyalty to Wakanda and its people. As for Shuri, I feel like it's Coates and Marvel Editorial's job to find Shuri's place, and not as co-ruler or regent. I honestly feel like, with her unwavering Pro-Wakanda attitude she should serve as the head of the Dora Milaje. Which would keep her imortance high enough that she would be the de-facto "number 2" that we were talking about earlier. It would also mean that she stays a major character in the overall BP story

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About Shuri

Shuri fans, I have a bad feeling. It's pretty much been left wide open for the next person to determine her fate. That means either Ewing or Coates. At the spot where we left BP, she could easily be written off and phased out of continuity. I mean BP being King again kinda indicates that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
About Shuri

Shuri fans, I have a bad feeling. It's pretty much been left wide open for the next person to determine her fate. That means either Ewing or Coates. At the spot where we left BP, she could easily be written off and phased out of continuity. I mean BP being King again kinda indicates that.

BP HIMSELF used the Gauntlet to reset the universe. I HIGHLY doubt he'd erase the existence of his own sister