O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Young t'chaka perhaps :ehh:never happens though ain't he locked in that FF/fox contract?serves him right dude jumped at the first shyt he was offered when he should have played the waiting game. He most definitely would have been BP, John Stewart or in the very least cyborg if he'd just been patient
He could easily be Cyborg...

That could still happen btw.
DC :hula:Marvel

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BP's motion comic was no different from any of the other one freaking Spider-Woman had one.

Is the spider-woman motion comic getting the same praise as the BP comic?

Relevant to the Marvel Universe in general. The spinning here is crazy, BP was in limbo for years before Quesada decided to make him relevant again with the Priest run. You can try to spin it how you want but it was Priest that made him relevant in the MU way before Hudlin came around. Its the same thing with the GOTG and DNA.

There is no spinning being done here. We are talking about relevant to the general public and especially non-comic book fans. Priest laid the groundwork by making him important in the MU. Hudlin's run was the run that got a lot of buzz outside of comic book circles. The general public didn't much if at all about the Priest run until very recently. Dare I say, they may still not know much about it today.

Civil War tie ins were all selling crazy bring that up is pointless. Gimmick issues like Weddings and Deaths always sell because of speculators. Priest's first 6 issues sold better than Hudlin's before Hudlin's House of M tie ins.

And Priest never was able to come close to matching those numbers. Hudlin did that many times over.

If the Civil War tie-ins and other issues didn't sell as well as it did, you would rightfully roast Hudlin for not only, in your opinion, not writing a good story, but not even be able to sell well. You are, once again, trying to diminish whatever accomplishments he may have achieved.

Hudlin's run is a failure the same way Bendis's X-men is. When you take out the gimmicks from them there really isn't much there. What exactly did Hudlin add to the BP mythos? You could say Shuri but even then a large percentage of BP fans don't even like her.

That is, again, your opinion. Hudlin was the one who emphasized that Wakanda was not only unconquered, but it wasn't T'Challa who modernized it, rather Wakanda has been well ahead of its peers for a long time. I and many others still feel that the marriage, though not executed as well as it should initially, was still a great look with lots of potential. It's not Hudlin's fault that, outside of McDuffie and Liss, alot of writers either didn't acknowledge the marriage or flat out disrespected it.

And Shuri is a great look, imho. Large percentage of BP fans don't want anyone besides T'Challa running the show. The minute she was placed as BP, she got a lot of heat. That, and she was a victim of bad writing for a bit.

Shuri will pay off in the long term. She's the only BP character outside of T'Challa that has an inkling of a chance of getting a solo. All she needs is more good writing, which ironically Hickman did a great job with her characterization, imho.

Most of Hudlin's trades aren't even being sold by Amazon itself on the site its through a 3rd party. They aren't in print and soon will sold at stupid prices if interest in them ever increases. Bringing up Priest's run not being available is really silly no disrespect. Even the most popular books from the 90's are uncollected (Punisher's stuff, Danny Ketch Ghost Rider etc) Marvel didn't start trading everything till Quesada became EiC.

Fam, I personally bought a bunch of Hudlin trades directly from amazon not long ago. And again, its available in many other sites. When the day comes that it sells at stupid prices due to interest then you'll have a point.

You've been saying only "Who is the Black Panther" is the only one shown. Again, I've seen the other trades in all the websites mentioned. I even bought the trades in those sites (especially Amazon and Comixology).

And I'm not saying that the Priest run didn't deserve to be collected. As Priest himself said, Marvel deliberately chose to collect Hudlin's run and not Priest's run:

I’m happy Marvel chose to collect the series. I’d been told previously that a collected edition would never happen because the character and series had been retconned by Reginald Hudlin, and that was now the official version of Panther Marvel was promoting.

Personally, I'm happy that they've collected the Priest run as well.

It was with the Hudlin run the Wakandans are racist shyt started (See the scan I posted) before that it was just xenophobes.

LOL, you call that scan "Wakandan's are racist" ?! That looked simply as strongly xenophobic to me. And obviously that wasn't a reflection of all wakandans, or all members of T'Challa's staff, just a few. We are at completely different wavelengths on that one.

You reaaaaaaaaalllllllly don't like the Hudlin run, do you?:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Is the spider-woman motion comic getting the same praise as the BP comic?

There is no spinning being done here. We are talking about relevant to the general public and especially non-comic book fans. Priest laid the groundwork by making him important in the MU. Hudlin's run was the run that got a lot of buzz outside of comic book circles. The general public didn't much if at all about the Priest run until very recently. Dare I say, they may still not know much about it today.

And Priest never was able to come close to matching those numbers. Hudlin did that many times over.

If the Civil War tie-ins and other issues didn't sell as well as it did, you would rightfully roast Hudlin for not only, in your opinion, not writing a good story, but not even be able to sell well. You are, once again, trying to diminish whatever accomplishments he may have achieved.

That is, again, your opinion. Hudlin was the one who emphasized that Wakanda was not only unconquered, but it wasn't T'Challa who modernized it, rather Wakanda has been well ahead of its peers for a long time. I and many others still feel that the marriage, though not executed as well as it should initially, was still a great look with lots of potential. It's not Hudlin's fault that, outside of McDuffie and Liss, alot of writers either didn't acknowledge the marriage or flat out disrespected it.

And Shuri is a great look, imho. Large percentage of BP fans don't want anyone besides T'Challa running the show. The minute she was placed as BP, she got a lot of heat. That, and she was a victim of bad writing for a bit.

Shuri will pay off in the long term. She's the only BP character outside of T'Challa that has an inkling of a chance of getting a solo. All she needs is more good writing, which ironically Hickman did a great job with her characterization, imho.

Fam, I personally bought a bunch of Hudlin trades directly from amazon not long ago. And again, its available in many other sites. When the day comes that it sells at stupid prices due to interest then you'll have a point.

You've been saying only "Who is the Black Panther" is the only one shown. Again, I've seen the other trades in all the websites mentioned. I even bought the trades in those sites (especially Amazon and Comixology).

And I'm not saying that the Priest run didn't deserve to be collected. As Priest himself said, Marvel deliberately chose to collect Hudlin's run and not Priest's run:

Personally, I'm happy that they've collected the Priest run as well.

LOL, you call that scan "Wakandan's are racist" ?! That looked simply as strongly xenophobic to me. And obviously that wasn't a reflection of all wakandans, or all members of T'Challa's staff, just a few. We are at completely different wavelengths on that one.

You reaaaaaaaaalllllllly don't like the Hudlin run, do you?:pachaha:
I don't have anything against the man himself. I know he had good intentions but his execution was just bad IMO.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don't have anything against the man himself. I know he had good intentions but his execution was just bad IMO.

Then we simply have a fundamental difference of opinion. I don't think the run was that bad and that Hudlin did some key things right on the run despite his shortcomings. I think it still was entertaining and had very good moments.

You think otherwise. It's what it is :manny:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Here's my current fan cast for the film. Obviously T'Challa and Klaw have already been casted:

T'Chaka: Lance Reddikk

latest

Monica Lynne: Teyonah Parris. Make her a highly capable agent of SHIELD who works with Everett Ross. Add that she sings as a hobby, and she should be good to go.

iphone360_1823092.jpg

Shuri: Lupita N'yongo

Lupita-Beauty_USmag-2.jpg

Ramonda: Angela Bassett

ABassett%20photo-thumb-autox379-249852.jpg

W'Kabi: David Oyelowo

david-oyelowo-2015-oscars.jpg

Aneka, leader of the Dora Milaje: Danai Gurira

fam_playwright-thumbnail.png

S'Yan: Giancarlo Esposito

260px-Gustavo_'Gus'_Fring.jpg

Zuri: Kevin Grevioux

kg-pic.JPG

Everett Ross: Martin Freeman (Freeman will be in Civil War, but we aren't sure yet who he will be. I'm assuming he will be Ross).

martin-freeman-2014-450x600.jpg

I have no idea who Taku should be.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So I just noticed....unless I missed something, T'Challa really doesn't have a sidekick or at least an established #2 character in his mythos.

Superman = Lois Lane or Lex Luthor

Batman = Robin or Jokier

Iron Man = War Machine

Captain America = Falcon or Bucky

Spider Man = Green Goblin or Venom

and so on.

Who could qualify as that #2? In recent times, it appears to have been Shuri. In the Priest run....Everett Ross? I would assume in the McGregor run Monica Lynne had more of an influence in the story. Klaw hasn't been used much in a minute and when he has, he hasn't done too much anyway.

Who should be T'Challa's #2 moving forward?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So I just noticed....unless I missed something, T'Challa really doesn't have a sidekick or at least an established #2 character in his mythos.

Batman = Robin or Jokier

Iron Man = War Machine

and so on.

Who could qualify as that #2? In recent times, it appears to have been Shuri. In the Priest run....Everett Ross? I would assume in the McGregor run Monica Lynne had more of an influence in the story. Klaw hasn't been used much in a minute and when he has, he hasn't done too much anyway.

T'Challa's number 2 is Shuri...

Other than that he doesn't need a sidekick. He's not a traditional hero he's a King, and really who is on T'Challa's level that he'd want them around him and not simply be a nuisance? No sidekick or partner can out-think him, out-fight him, or build any cool gadgets for him because he invents his OWN tech.

It's why the marriage to Storm made so much sense, she was an equal to his, and in many ways, was stronger than him. She complimented him perfectly.

And NOBODY better mention punk ass Kasper:ufdup:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
T'Challa's number 2 is Shuri...

Other than that he doesn't need a sidekick. He's not a traditional hero he's a King, and really who is on T'Challa's level that he'd want them around him and not simply be a nuisance? No sidekick or partner can out-think him, out-fight him, or build any cool gadgets for him because he invents his OWN tech.

It's why the marriage to Storm made so much sense, she was an equal to his, and in many ways, was stronger than him. She complimented him perfectly.

And NOBODY better mention punk ass Kasper:ufdup:

Sidekick was the wrong choice of words. T'Challa doesn't need someone to tag along with him on some Batman and Robin shyt. I meant to say the next recognizable character. All of the major franchises have at least two (and sometimes three) characters that are quickly recognizable to the general public. So far, the BP franchise is very top heavy.

Speaking of Shuri, I feel she's the only BP supporting character who's purpose grows to not revolve around T'Challa (Wakanda became the center of her world, not her brother). And while she may not be as smart, strong, or cunning as her brother, I can see her gaining a lot of social and political clout due to her social standing (princess and next in line to the throne) combined her more traditional views . Obviously, I do see her and T'Challa teaming up often, especially if Wakanda is in danger.

Yea, Storm was a great complement and def could've (and would've imo) been 1b or 1a depending on the story, and be a major figure in the world stage, an upgrade from her X-men days. But alas....:mjcry:

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Batman = Robin or Jokier

Iron Man = War Machine

and so on.

The Queen.

3f7194f75b3d28956d410c922a862f30.jpg

We could learn about Wakanda and fall in love with it as she does.

But it won't happen; Hudlin's run is looking more and more like the definitive version of BP.:mjcry:

But hey, we made it. :obama:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Here's my current fan cast for the film. Obviously T'Challa and Klaw have already been casted:

Shuri: Lupita N'yongo

Lupita-Beauty_USmag-2.jpg

fam_playwright-thumbnail.png

Thoughts?
Excessive cheese, like I said before we can do better. The "African-centric" look shouldn't mean our queens have to drop in attraction or look like bobby. You think it was an accident black widow was in ironman/cap sequels? Or kat Jennings with her fun bags was cast in thor? That's how you increase tickets at the box office not by hiring alek weks wakanda or no wakanda. There are many sirens with afro-centric features the hell are you so hell bent on these 2 for? :why: Chadwick boseman isn't that crossover guy and he's the lead, you want 2 acquired taste females attached to it too? Do you want this to do numbers?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Marvel wouldn't let Ava maker her type of movie.

So what changed in Ryan being able to make his. Or did he just agree to their terms :patrice: