Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
We've been fan casting for almost two years breh:mjlol:

Lupita should be a L-O-C-K for Shuri but the thing is, I don't think Shuri will be in this first BP movie. I think Lupita would also serve as a perfect Dora Milaje, setting her up to appear in multiple sequels.

W'Kabi- Djimon Honsou, he has the powerful nobility and weathered intelligence to play a trusted advisor

T'Chaka- Wesley Snipes, but I'd also accept the rumored Ernie Hudson or Lance Reddikk

Monica Lynne- I'm not sold on Monica at ALL, I feel as if she needs to be either completely reworked from the ground up or switched out completely for someone like Monica Rambeu. T'Challa needs a strong, intelligent love interest who Wakandans, and the audience will feel is worthy of a King. Either way Nichole Bahrie is my pick, her and Chadwicke had fantastic chemistry in 42

We been fan casting, but on some what if shyt.

This time....its actually happening...it's really weird lol:pachaha:

Now, I actually have to put more thought into it.

Djimon Honsou as W'kabi?! you're the first person I've heard putting him in that role? Why not T'Chaka (outside of a preference for Wesley, perhaps?):jbhmm:

EDIT: Either monica lynne gets a makeover + boost, or they should consider someone else. As is...she sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way, imho.:francis:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Tieing into several events does that and stupid gimmicks like weddings. People really overstate how his run outsold Priest's

Sorry but it got the highest sales and made the character relevant again, those are the facts. Got a TV Show/Animation too.

That arc was terrible and he basically retconned Lee and Kirby's superior origin

Everything eventually gets retconned and modernised. Lee and Kirby's origin was outdated.

This is far from true

It certainly isnt.

That's how priest wanted to tell his story several writers used POV characters in books before Priest and after him and its way better received from comic fans than Hudlin's bullshyt.

Priest had no choice to because of the majority White audience/readship that he always had to be conscious of. That's why you had Ross, the satire, Black Panther outside of Wakanda and in New York and eventually T'Challa replaced with damn Vin Diesel - Christopher Priest's own words.
When Hudlin came in he essentially said "fukk em" and "fukk the sales" :whew:

There is a reason Priest's run is getting complete collections right now instead of Hudlin's Out of print shyt.

Yet the Russos are using it for the character's first ever live action cinematic appearance :ohlawd:

I find his shyt terrible not threatening and why would I even be threatened by it?

Hudlin's Black Panther and Wakanda are the most powerful, assertive and uncompromising depictions with a prevalent race conscious element, which is a stark contrast to previous ones. No coded shyt, proxies or backdoors it was straight up, hard-hitting, heavy-handed and done explicitly which made certain people uncomfortable. Which is why there's a notion that "Hudlin ruined Black Panther". It all stems from there.

Lol you Coli militants have to resort to calling people cacs instead of making points. I'm very much black and my background is Nigerian not that it should even mean anything.

Who said that point didn't extend to Black People? :bryan:.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Priest had no choice to because of the majority White audience/readship that he always had to be conscious of. That's why you had Ross, the satire, Black Panther outside of Wakanda and in New York and eventually T'Challa replaced with damn Vin Diesel - Christopher Priest's own words.
When Hudlin came in he essentially said "fukk em" and "fukk the sales" :whew:

I would say Priest felt that he had no choice. And in the end, I don't think it was worth it. The sales rarely if ever went up despite a strong start, the run was stuck in the 20k's for a minute and crashed at the end of the run, and Priest wasn't able to turn things around despite Ross narrating and all those other things that people are praising today.

Hudlin, for better or worse, showed that you can still sell a book while disregarding their opinions, even if you aren't close to being the best writer on the block. Dude got all that hate and he still sold very well overall. It's crazy when you think about it.

shyt, the Hudlin run is still a lightning rod in comic book debates lol.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I would say Priest felt that he had no choice. And in the end, I don't think it was worth it. The sales rarely if ever went up despite a strong start, the run was stuck in the 20k's for a minute and crashed at the end of the run, and Priest wasn't able to turn things around despite Ross narrating and all those other things that people are praising today.

Hudlin, for better or worse, showed that you can still sell a book while disregarding their opinions, even if you aren't close to being the best writer on the block. Dude got all that hate and he still sold very well overall. I feel he was almost going for a completely different audience. It's crazy when you think about it.

shyt, the Hudlin run is still a lightning rod in comic book debates lol.

It's really a testament to Priest's God given talent that he, despite the fact that he didn't even WANT BP initially, and hampered by having to serve the white fanbase by using gimmicks such as Ross and Uncle Kasper's Cabin, was able to put out a quality product that we all hold in high esteem.

But Hudlin with the shackles off was electric. He wrote the Black People that BLACK fans wanted to read. And it was great, just being able to say "fukk it" and start his story from the ground up, even rebooting the continuity he portrayed a stronger, unapologetic T'Challa that was respected as a KING should be wherever he stepped foot. This was a T'Challa who could fully embrace the pride of Wakanda. That first 6 issue run was a GREAT origin story. I loved the wedding issue and the royal world tour visiting Namor and Doom. I can't even FATHOM how someone could read Hudlin's run and then say that Hickman's b*stardized and emasculated portrayal was something "respectful" :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
-I said, sell to the degree that they did, not sell in general. I was specific. Again, no other BP writer has beaten his highest sales. Even with tie-ins written by other writers. That's a fact.

-*sigh* Here you are again, implying Hudlin had nothing to do with BP's success. Again, you don't like his writing. I get that. But him helming all those high-selling issues, despite the many criticisms you and others have thrown at him, means nothing at all? Really?

Prior to hudlin's run, how often was BP involved so highly in major events? Genuine question.

-You feel he's a mediocre writer and thats fine. We are saying that his writing, wack or not, worked were it counts: sales. If your book doesn't sell, for whatever reason, it's not a good look.

I may not like New Avengers, but that book sold well. Hickman has ultimate cred because of numbers. Same with many other writers in the biz, regardless of what we think of their writing.

-They kinda don't need to, they've been pushing's hudlin run for well over 5+ years. I'm willing to wager that a large amount of non-comic book people were introduced to BP via the hudlin run. And it makes sense to push the priest run too: its a very good run, and they might as well double their dollars.

Plus, as mentioned, the Hudlin run is still being advertised, even inside the collected priest runs.
The only other BP writer to tie into events beside Hudlin was Liss in fear itself. It was mostly done in Hudlin's run to boost his sells

Prior to Hudlin run Marvel weren't doing line wide events that only really started during Bendis's time on the Avengers and even then BP was never relevant to any event until AvX.

Plenty of well regarded runs didn't sell in the past its good word of mouth that helps them sell later in collections. Hudlin fans bringing up sells is just as silly as someone who liked Kevin Smith's Daredevil bringing up sales. They might have sold decent at the time but neither will be remembered.

Hudlin's only trade even shown there is Who is the Black Panther and that's only because it got reprinted a few years ago.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
@JazzyB
.Hudlin didn't make him relevant again that was already done by Priest whose run got him back on the Avengers. Lets not rewrite history. You bring up that Motion Comic like it was something only Black Panther got. Spider-Woman, The X-Men and Inhumans all got them.

There is nothing outdated in the Lee & Kirby origin. It was really simple.

Ross was a character created by Priest by his own choice. Nobody had problems with T'challa being the lead in his book when Mcgregor or Kirby were writing him. T'challa being in New York is the same problem with Thor and him on always being on Earth. Fans want to see heroes interact.

What about BP in Civil War makes you think it has anything to do with Hudlin. Most signs point to it being Priest inspired from his suit and claws to him being a Prince while also being the Black Panther.

If you think Hudlin did Wakanda good I can't help you. It was the worst depiction of Wakanda to date.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The only other BP writer to tie into events beside Hudlin was Liss in fear itself. It was mostly done in Hudlin's run to boost his sells

Prior to Hudlin run Marvel weren't doing line wide events that only really started during Bendis's time on the Avengers and even then BP was never relevant to any event until AvX.

Define relevant. The Civil War issues sold well over 50k. Some went over 60k. And the marriage issue reached almost 70k. The first 6 issues sold well too. For a character like BP, that was major at the time. And outside of the heavy hitters, those numbers, especially the 60k+ - 70k+ are great numbers.

Plenty of well regarded runs didn't sell in the past its good word of mouth that helps them sell later in collections. Hudlin fans bringing up sells is just as silly as someone who liked Kevin Smith's Daredevil bringing up sales. They might have sold decent at the time but neither will be remembered.

LOL, you trying to make it seem like the Hudlin run was the massacre by 50.

The reason sales are brought up in Hudlin's case is because his detractors insist that absolutely nothing good came out of his run. The way they say it, it was a complete failure. Yet, the numbers show that not only was it not a failure, it actually was a financial success. And continued for a good 4-5 years. Perception and reality are really conflicting here.

Again, if you don't like the run, that's fine. If you think the writing is wack, thats fine. To insinuate that it was a complete failure and/or that Hudlin had nothing to do with the run's success is revisionist history. Plenty of people were introduced to BP by Hudlin and many actually liked the run. That's reality.

And I disagree: his run will be remembered for a long time. Hell, this debate we are having, and the many debates this run had sparked all over the web is proof of such. And some of Hudlin's actions in the comic, the marriage for example, will almost automatically make the run a draw to a non-comic book fan especially.

Hudlin's only trade even shown there is Who is the Black Panther and that's only because it got reprinted a few years ago.

Again, the entire hudlin run, including all the trades, is readily available online in various websites (amazon, comixology, and Marvel's page, for example) for anyone to get. Both the vol 4 and vol 5 trades. You couldn't say that about the Priest run till literally last August.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Realdealholy @Ziggiy

What villains would you want and who would you cast?

I know Klaw might be in it. But whats another villain/actor yall think should be in the first movie?

Anyone except Man-Ape.

I'm firmly expecting Klaw to take up the lion's share of the antagonist role, ESPECIALLY if he kills T'Chaka as he's already been contracted to do in the MCU

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Realdealholy @Ziggiy

What villains would you want and who would you cast?

I know Klaw might be in it. But whats another villain/actor yall think should be in the first movie?

I would go with Klaw. He's already established in the MCU and for and "origin" story, he fits the bill for the villain considering his history with T'Challa.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Anyone except Man-Ape.

I'm firmly expecting Klaw to take up the lion's share of the antagonist role, ESPECIALLY if he kills T'Chaka as he's already been contracted to do in the MCU
I would go with Klaw. He's already established in the MCU and for and "origin" story, he fits the bill for the villain considering his history with T'Challa.
:patrice:

Ok, I know you're just guessing, but what should the tone/plot line be for this. Strictly origin story? Or just jump ahead and put out a great story.

Ant Man was a Heist film. Winter Soldier was a political thriller, you know?

Plus they said this movie sets up the next Avengers movie right?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Jazzy B.

@JazzyB
.Hudlin didn't make him relevant again that was already done by Priest whose run got him back on the Avengers. Lets not rewrite history. You bring up that Motion Comic like it was something only Black Panther got. Spider-Woman, The X-Men and Inhumans all got them.

Relevant to whom? Maybe among comic book circles, but outside of that, the Priest run was barely known, if at all. The hudlin run was heard of, at the least.

You bring up that Motion Comic like it was something only Black Panther got. Spider-Woman, The X-Men and Inhumans all got them.
BP having a motion comic is still a good look. And it's still very well liked today. The motion comic probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Hudlin spearheading the project.

If you think Hudlin did Wakanda good I can't help you. It was the worst depiction of Wakanda to date.
The worst depiction? Why so?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Ok, I know you're just guessing, but what should the tone/plot line be for this. Strictly origin story? Or just jump ahead and put out a great story.

Plus they said this movie sets up the next Avengers movie right?

Feige stated it would be a geopolitical thriller.

Probably in the vain of Winter Soldier, but if it's going to set up Infinity War I'd expect the Action to be rather plentiful

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

I would def lean towards political thriller with action scenes, ala winter solidier. T'Challa and the BP Mythos as a whole can be very political. I feel both are at their best when politics are injected into their plots.

EDIT: @Ziggiy beat me to it.