Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
reghalledjimonrusso-110894.jpg

You see who Joe Russo's with and what book he's holding :umad:

Yea, Hudlin may be already lowkey involved (Hudlin was asked about what was discussed on the pic, he refused to elaborate). I mean, of all the books Joe Russo could have, he has a BP book that tells a key part of the BP mythos, written by Hudlin, while meeting Hudlin and another actor involved in a previous BP project (Djimon Housou in the BP Cartoon). Def not a coincidence.

EDIT: to add on, here's what Feige himself said:

Well we are and we always do, which is look for the best filmmakers, best writers possible. I’m not going to say for sure that we’re going to hire any one demographic but we’re certainly meeting with a lot of people. I’ve known Reggie for many many years and he’s a great guy. I think I’m meeting with him again shortly, but we will do what we’ve always done, which is hire the best people to write the films and direct the films.
Again, does it mean that Hudlin, if consulted, would call the shots or would have a major hand in all of this? Of course not. But even a guy like Feige knows that Hudlin can bring some value to the film. Hell, the first 6 issues of his run that the cartoons are based on can be a pretty good film with some tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Worst writer but got the highest sales, made a perfect modern origin, wrote the most empowering version of the character and Wakanda and didn't have to do through some white proxy pov character or some "if or but" bullshyt :mjlol:

Just admit Hudlin's version was too threatening for you and kim

:banderas:

Exactly.

If @Bigbigguy is a Cac then I thoroughly understand how he'd be "uncomfortable" with an uncompromising T'Challa who outsmarts and dominates his adversaries, has a beautiful, powerful black wife, doesn't have to have Everet Ross around to "narrate", and commands the respect of the entire Marvel universe...

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
...doesn't have to have Everet Ross around to "narrate", me commands the respect of the entire Marvel universe...

Yo, for real, if Ross does show up, and they do that Ross narrating BS ala Priest run, that's not a good look. It's 2016 and it isn't comics, its absolutely not necessary in any possible way.

And if (hopefully) Ross isn't narrating, then expect his role / importance to the film to change compared to that of the Priest run. I get that Priest was paranoid about white readership as a whole checking out the BP run, but some of the things he had Ross (or BP, as far as Ross is concerned) do was really strange to me. Stuff like that took me a long time to embrace Ross as a character.

I mean...T'Challa names, of all people, Ross as his regeant? Not W'Kabi, Taku, Zuri, or even his own mother? Ross, a clear outsider?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yo, for real, if Ross does show up, and they do that Ross narrating BS ala Priest run, that's not a good look. It's 2016 and it isn't comics, its absolutely not necessary in any possible way.

And if (hopefully) Ross isn't narrating, then expect his role / importance to the film to change compared to that of the Priest run. I get that Priest was paranoid about white readership as a whole checking out the BP run, but some of the things he had Ross (or BP, as far as Ross is concerned) do was really strange to me. Stuff like that took me a long time to embrace Ross as a character.

I mean...T'Challa names, of all people, Ross as his regeant? Not W'Kabi, Taku, Zuri, or even his own mother? Ross, a clear outsider?

If Ross narrates I will get up and walk out of the theater. That would be the most "placating for Cacs" move in modern day cinematic history.

Don't even speak that shyt into existence Breh.

I Loathe Ross and HATE Kasper Cole

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yea, Hudlin may be already lowkey involved (Hudlin was asked about what was discussed on the pic, he refused to elaborate). I mean, of all the books Joe Russo could have, he has a BP book that tells a key part of the BP mythos, written by Hudlin, while meeting Hudlin and another actor involved in a previous BP project (Djimon Housou in the BP Cartoon). Def not a coincidence.

EDIT: to add on, here's what Feige himself said:

Again, does it mean that Hudlin, if consulted, would call the shots or would have a major hand in all of this? Of course not. But even a guy like Feige knows that Hudlin can bring some value to the film. Hell, the first 6 issues of his run that the cartoons are based on can be a pretty good film with some tweaks here and there.

That qoute was him being name-dropped on the day they announced the film :ahh:

Hudlin's rebooted mordernised origin is perfect for the films.

You can even see that they're using it in Civil War, as they're doing the event that's in the video I posted just with Klaw swapped out for Winter Soldier. Bu-bu-bu Hudlin's run bad FOH :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Worst writer but got the highest sales, made a perfect modern origin, wrote the most empowering version of the character and Wakanda and didn't have to do through some white proxy pov character or some "if or but" bullshyt :mjlol:

:banderas:

Highest Sales
Tieing into several events does that and stupid gimmicks like weddings. People really overstate how his run outsold Priest's

made a perfect modern origin
That arc was terrible and he basically retconned Lee and Kirby's superior origin

wrote the most empowering version of the character
This is far from true

didn't have to do through some white proxy pov character or some "if or but" bullshyt
That's how priest wanted to tell his story several writers used POV characters in books before Priest and after him and its way better received from comic fans than Hudlin's bullshyt. There is a reason Priest's run is getting complete collections right now instead of Hudlin's Out of print shyt.

I find his shyt terrible not threatening and why would I even be threatened by it?

Lol you Coli militants have to resort to calling people cacs instead of making points. I'm very much black and my background is Nigerian not that it should even mean anything.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If Ross narrates I will get up and walk out of the theater. That would be the most "placating for Cacs" move in modern day cinematic history.

It would be up there, most def. Priest even admitted that Ross and his involvement was basically to placate the comic book readership.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Tieing into several events does that and stupid gimmicks like weddings. People really overstate how his run outsold Priest's

Breh, you can't, one minute, give all the props to Aaron for See Wakanda and Die, an event tie-in, yet reject Hudlin's work because there were tie-in's in them. I get not liking the Hudlin run, but that's just straight up biased.

And overstated? Again breh...its straight up facts. You don't have to like Hudlin's work, but the number's don't lie: Hudlin's run not only sold well, its still the best-selling BP run, bar none, no question. You can call what he did whatever you like, but when its all said and done, it worked. The marriage issue is still the highest selling BP issue to date. The Civil War tie-ins did very well. In fact, they even outsold See Wakanda and Die, another event tie-in.

And to add, the Priest run had a gang load of great marvel characters involved in his run, (doom, wolverine, iron man, hulk, cap, the avengers, storm, magneto, namor, Falcon, Luke Cage, moon knight, Iron fist, etc), yet his shyt didn't sell that well anyway. It's what it is.

That arc was terrible and he basically retconned Lee and Kirby's superior origin
That arc was supposed to be a mini series, independent of continuity. Marvel liked it so much, they wanted hudlin to continue writing it and integrate it to continuity later on.

Your beef is with editorial, not hudlin.

There is a reason Priest's run is getting complete collections right now instead of Hudlin's Out of print shyt.
Hudlin's run? Out of print?! Breh, you can get his entire run online right now! His run was even advertised in the first Priest collected edition. Where are you getting this out of print thing?

Again, you don't like the run and that's cool, but let's stick to facts.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Breh, you can't, one minute, give all the props to Aaron for See Wakanda and Die, an event tie-in, yet reject Hudlin's work because there were tie-in's in them. I get not liking the Hudlin run, but that's just straight up biased.
I give props to it because it was a well written story. I didn't bring up sales and even if I did it just proves that event tie ins boast sells.

And overstated? Again breh...its straight up facts. You don't have to like Hudlin's work, but the number's don't lie: Hudlin's run not only sold well, its still the best-selling BP run, bar none, no question.

And to add, the Priest run had a gang load of great marvel characters involved in his run, (doom, wolverine, iron man, hulk, cap, the avengers, storm, magneto, namor, Falcon, Luke Cage, moon knight, Iron fist, etc), yet his shyt didn't sell that well anyway. It's what it is.
Priest's run was a more steady selling run. It was selling what Hudlin's run was selling before Secret Invasion in the late 40 issues. Hudlin's run was just boasted by House of M, Civil War, the marriage issues, Marvel Zombies and Mcduffie's FF.
That arc was supposed to be a mini series, independent of continuity. Marvel liked it so much, they wanted hudlin to continue writing it and integrate it to continuity later on.

Your beef is with editorial, not hudlin.

You're telling me stuff I already know and it being non canon doesn't make it any less terrible

Hudlin's run? Out of print?! Breh, you can get his entire run online right now! His run was even advertised in the first Priest collected edition. Where are you getting this out of print thing?

Again, you don't like the run and that's cool, but let's stick to facts.
Its out of print, you can't get the old trades from Diamond. You can find it in stores that doesn't mean its in print.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I give props to it because it was a well written story. I didn't bring up sales and even if I did it just proves that event tie ins boast sells.

You are at the least implying that anyone could've written those tie-ins or even the marriage and they would've sold the same or similar to it. We do not know that. Fact is no BP solo writer has matched his highest sales to date. The closest was Priest's first 3-4 issues.

Priest's run was a more steady selling run. It was selling what Hudlin's run was selling before Secret Invasion in the late 40 issues. Hudlin's run was just boasted by House of M, Civil War, the marriage issues, Marvel Zombies and Mcduffie's FF.

Priest run was a steadier run sales wise, but the number were consistently dropping, despite the good stories. He wasn't able to turn the tide around.

And Hudlin's strategy worked. BP was arguably as popular as he ever was at that time. It's not a coincidence that BP is now in more and more events.

You're telling me stuff I already know and it being non canon doesn't make it any less terrible
That is strictly your opinion. And you were the one complaining that continuity was thrown to the bushes. If you know why it was done, then....why get at hudlin? Get at editorial.
Its out of print, you can't get the old trades from Diamond. You can find it in stores that doesn't mean its in print.

Bottomline is the Hudlin run is very available today and has been for some time, especially online. You can get the entire hudlin run on amazon (collected), marvel's website and/or comixoogy (for print and/or digital). And get them all for a relatively affordable price.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I guess the next question is: fan casting?

Which supporting characters are in? Who should play them?

Shuri - Lupita N'yongo
W'Kabi - David Oyelowo
S'Yan - Giancarlo Esposito
Aneka - Danai Gurira
Peter Mensah would've been my pick for T'Chaka but he was already in hulk.:francis:

Not sure who to pick for Ramonda, Zuri, and Taku. I imagine that the rest of the Dora Milaje are just a unit, with Aneka representing them on film.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
You are at the least implying that anyone could've written those tie-ins or even the marriage and they would've sold the same or similar to it. We do not know that. Fact is no BP solo writer has matched his highest sales to date. The closest was Priest's first 3-4 issues.

Priest run was a steadier run sales wise, but the number were consistently dropping, despite the good stories. He wasn't able to turn the tide around.

And Hudlin's strategy worked. BP was arguably as popular as he ever was at that time. It's not a coincidence that BP is now in more and more events.

That is strictly your opinion. And you were the one complaining that continuity was thrown to the bushes. If you know why it was done, then....why get at hudlin? Get at editorial.
Bottomline is the Hudlin run is very available today and has been for some time, especially online. You can get the entire hudlin run on amazon (collected), marvel's website and/or comixoogy (for print and/or digital). And get them all for a relatively affordable price.
Event tie ins and gimmick issues like weddings or deaths always sell regardless of who is writing it.

BP is in more events now because he's a character Marvel have been pushing it has nothing to do with Hudlin.

I'm getting at Hudlin because he's a mediocre writer.

Hudlin's stuff being available wasn't my point its that Marvel aren't pushing his stuff onto new readers like they're with Priest's.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I guess the next question is: fan casting?

Which supporting characters are in? Who should play them?

Shuri - Lupita
W'Kabi - David Oyelowo

Peter Mensah would've been my pick for T'Chaka but he was already in hulk.:francis:

We've been fan casting for almost two years breh:mjlol:

Lupita should be a L-O-C-K for Shuri but the thing is, I don't think Shuri will be in this first BP movie. I think Lupita would also serve as a perfect Dora Milaje, setting her up to appear in multiple sequels.

W'Kabi- Djimon Honsou, he has the powerful nobility and weathered intelligence to play a trusted advisor

T'Chaka- Wesley Snipes, but I'd also accept the rumored Ernie Hudson or Lance Reddikk

Monica Lynne- I'm not sold on Monica at ALL, I feel as if she needs to be either completely reworked from the ground up or switched out completely for someone like Monica Rambeu. T'Challa needs a strong, intelligent love interest who Wakandans, and the audience will feel is worthy of a King. Either way Nichole Bahrie is my pick, her and Chadwicke had fantastic chemistry in 42

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Event tie ins and gimmick issues like weddings or deaths always sell regardless of who is writing it.

BP is in more events now because he's a character Marvel have been pushing it has nothing to do with Hudlin.

I'm getting at Hudlin because he's a mediocre writer.

Hudlin's stuff being available wasn't my point its that Marvel aren't pushing his stuff onto new readers like they're with Priest's.

-I said, sell to the degree that they did, not sell in general. I was specific. Again, no other BP writer has beaten his highest sales. Even with tie-ins written by other writers. That's a fact.

-*sigh* Here you are again, implying Hudlin had nothing to do with BP's success. Again, you don't like his writing. I get that. But him helming all those high-selling issues, despite the many criticisms you and others have thrown at him, means nothing at all? Really?

Prior to hudlin's run, how often was BP involved so highly in major events? Genuine question.

-You feel he's a mediocre writer and thats fine. We are saying that his writing, wack or not, worked were it counts: sales. If your book doesn't sell, for whatever reason, it's not a good look.

I may not like New Avengers, but that book sold well. Hickman has ultimate cred because of numbers. Same with many other writers in the biz, regardless of what we think of their writing.

-They kinda don't need to, they've been pushing's hudlin run for well over 5+ years. I'm willing to wager that a large amount of non-comic book people were introduced to BP via the hudlin run. And it makes sense to push the priest run too: its a very good run, and they might as well double their dollars.

Plus, as mentioned, the Hudlin run is still being advertised, even inside the collected priest runs.

Last edited: