parallax

Superstar
Daps
Even money says his scene will involved black women :usure:
his wife passed, means it's time to Paewg.

scene is gonna be looking like this

ik90r27.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah, I can't agree with this. If this movie is successful then studios will look into making more black movies. Or at least movies with more diverse casts.

Not because they care about those things....but because they'll see they're leaving money on the table by not tapping into those markets.

Fred.

It also can help propel the careers of the actors in tow. As well as all the black folks behind the scenes as well. Granted, a grip of these folks are already quite familiar among the common folks, but not all and everyone can use even more of a push out there.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It also can help propel the careers of the actors in tow. As well as all the black folks behind the scenes as well. Granted, a grip of these folks are already quite familiar among the common folks, but not all and everyone can use even more of a push out there.

What's crazy to me is, movies with majority black casts were common in the 80's and 90's. Every genre. Somewhere along the way it seems like Hollywood forgot that black movies make money. I'm thinking this movie will remind them, though.

Fred.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I can't agree with this. If this movie is successful then studios will look into making more black movies. Or at least movies with more diverse casts.

Not because they care about those things....but because they'll see they're leaving money on the table by not tapping into those markets.

Fred.

That myth was shattered a long time ago. Love him or hate him Tyler perry killed the box office. Kevin hart and ice cube been killing the box office recently (Ride along, Straight of out compton, etc. ), Get Out cleaned up last year too. All these movies did well over 100 million. Michail B Jordan just did it with Creed too. Girls trip just cleaned up this summer too... Those were all stand alone black films and the most profitable movies of the past few years in hollywood.

This movie will do well cause it's tied into the marvel universe and continues the overarching story so there is a built in audience. Plus the disney marvel marketing machine is high gear. This is not a typical standalone "black" movie. Ant man did numbers cause of the marvel machine not because anyone actually cares about antman. This movie will make records as far as black films go but it will be considered an outlier based on the circumstances I outlined above. Very few movies get made on this scale in general. All marvel movies in a way can be considered outliers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That myth was shattered a long time ago. Love him or hate him Tyler perry killed the box office. Kevin hart and ice cube been killing the box office recently (Ride along, Straight of out compton, etc. ), Get Out cleaned up last year too. All these movies did well over 100 million. Michail B Jordan just did it with Creed too. Girls trip just cleaned up this summer too... Those were all stand alone black films and the most profitable movies of the past few years in hollywood.

This movie will do well cause it's tied into the marvel universe and continues the overarching story so there is a built in audience. Plus the disney marvel marketing machine is high gear. This is not a typical standalone "black" movie. Ant man did numbers cause of the marvel machine not because anyone actually cares about antman. This movie will make records as far as black films go but it will be considered an outlier based on the circumstances I outlined above.

"Ride Along" didn't do anywhere near what this is projected to do. Neither did "Get Out", "Creed", or "Girl's Trip". This is projected to out gross half those movies in it's opening week end. The only anomaly is "Straight Outta Compton" which was based on one of the most influential albums of all time....and even then, "BP" is going to crush it's box office numbers.

We're talking about two different things breh. You're talking about success, I'm talking about a bonafide block buster. "Get Out" was successful because despite it's relatively low box office, it's budget was only around $5 mill. The same goes for Tyler Perry movies.

"Black Panther" is going to be a block buster movie. It's going to be a success, not based on it's budget being low. It's going to be a success by any measure of the word.

Lastly, saying "'Ant-man' did numbers because of the Marvel machine, not because people care about Ant-man" is....a really bizarre statement. The MCU turned The Avengers, a C-tier team into a franchise so successful that Z-tier characters like The Guardians Of The Galaxy can clear $800 mill. The entire point of "The Marvel Machine" is making characters nobody gives a fukk about, into characters people love.

If they successfully do this for BP....I don't follow your logic here. There's going to be a trickle down effect just based on BP being in the spotlight, same as there was for GOTG, or Ant-man.

Fred.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ruth Carter is another that gave a start in the industry. her first film wasSchool Daze, and then with do the right thing, mo betta blues, and Malcolm X.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Yall it's not that serious

it's tweets like this that makes me cringe.
:snoop:

quit worrying about white people and just focus on the black excellence. He should want them to also come and the film can make more money.

:snoop: Someone always gotta to take it too far. Just chill and watch the damn movie. No need for all this silly messy shyt.

them blackity fake woke blacks tweet dumb bullshyt like this and be surprised as fukk when the movie flops.. they get their wish and all the whites stay home, watch the movie be the biggest flop ever..

these idiots just be tweeting like film comes with reparations for slavery.. end of the day, that white consumer dollar is what guarantees success cause us blacks too cheap to always show out at the cinema

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My body is ready. I have the Sour Diesel on deck and waiting as I will be JASON ( Just Another Smoked Out nikka :mjlol:) upon viewing this masterpiece of blackness..

Saturday February 17th at the restaurant movie theater combo in NYC

:ohlawd:

What theater is that?

Sour? Get some Gelato:ahh: